S Korea vs Japan In Game Thread

mofome

Banned
Re: S Korea vs Japan In Game Thread

wow from 0-2 to a walk. This freakin guy has nothing. 100 pitches in the first inning

mofome

Banned

first 2 down easily, then a walk and a bloop. bounces going the way of Japan.

mofome

Banned

Now a routine grounder turns into a single. terrible swing, terrible contact, gets a hit.

mofome

Banned

Now an EASY double play turns into a dropped bloop and 2 on with no outs. Japan has done zip, but they have 2 on and no outs.

100% luck. its all that matters.

mofome

Banned

Now this guy hits a 1mph grounder for a run.

inf hit
error
ground out
grounder

= run

hilarious

mofome

Banned

Another 2 mph grounder for a single. 2 feet to one side and its a dp. instead another hit. Japan has the bases loaded, with 1 out and 1 run in without hitting the ball.

mofome

Banned

The retard 2B catches the most routine ball in the history of baseball and Korea is batting at 0-0.

mofome

Banned

another 2mph grounder and this one is a DP.

Japan shouldnt have come close to reaching 2nd, much less scoring.

I love how Selig is talking about fairness for US players who don't get much practice before the WBC but never mentions the fact that the second round, semifinals, and finals are hosted in the US.

Funny how that works.

mofome

Banned

Japan starts out with a hanger and its popped up.

1 bad pitch
1 down

I love the Japanese players' approaches at the plate and on the basepads. Just good, solid baseball the way coaches love to see it played. Sorry to interrupt the flow here, a baseball observation.

I love how Selig is talking about fairness for US players who don't get much practice before the WBC but never mentions the fact that the second round, semifinals, and finals are hosted in the US.

Funny how that works.

I take what Selig's saying about as seriously as my Dad sitting here 30 minutes after popping two percocets.

tripp

EOG Master

I love the Japanese players' approaches at the plate and on the basepads. Just good, solid baseball the way coaches love to see it played. Sorry to interrupt the flow here, a baseball observation.

Agree, love watching the Japanese play. They play the game better than anyone IMO. Wish most of these guys would make their way to the MLB, but I can respect them wanting to stay and play for their country.

Need Japan here for a decent amount. Wish they would have gotten more last inning, but Korea might not score tonight.

I take what Selig's saying about as seriously as my Dad sitting here 30 minutes after popping two percocets.

Absolutely.

MLB owners would be fucking retarded if they let their players start practicing in January, especially the pitchers. I'd already bet that Peavy is gonna collapse this year.

Agree, love watching the Japanese play. They play the game better than anyone IMO. Wish most of these guys would make their way to the MLB, but I can respect them wanting to stay and play for their country.

Need Japan here for a decent amount. Wish they would have gotten more last inning, but Korea might not score tonight.

If any of just a few more of the Japanese players had the physical gifts and strength of (EX: a Gary Sheffield) they would never lose. They cant throw the athletes out there we do, but make up for it in execution.

Absolutely.

MLB owners would be fucking retarded if they let their players start practicing in January, especially the pitchers. I'd already bet that Peavy is gonna collapse this year.

I think the argument could be made for throwing more and in different ways (more exercise and repetition and less strain), but that is a completely different topic altogether.

mofome

Banned

yes sir

this guy just walking people. japan hasnt really smacked a ball all day.

better team, but not a team that should have any runs.

mofome

Banned

now another grounder finds a hole. every hit is a little grounder or a bloop.

now another grounder finds a hole. every hit is a little grounder or a bloop.
baseball is maddening isnt it? seeing-eye singles, pickoff throws into right field, ground rule doubles that saves an extra run from scoring.

u gotta love it.

mofome

Banned

yeah bases is frustrating. no doubt japan is the better side tonight, but they havent actually done anything impressive offensively. I know they are a small ball team, but tonight has been a stretch.

yeah bases is frustrating. no doubt japan is the better side tonight, but they havent actually done anything impressive offensively. I know they are a small ball team, but tonight has been a stretch.

korea was riding a wave here as well, smacked the hell out of venezuela. shin soo choo is a nice big league player.

mofome

Banned

Yeah man, there is a lot of talent in this game alone, much less the tourney overall. amazing really.

tripp

EOG Master

1-1

japan should be winning comfortably right now. they need to convert on all their chances