Monster filly "Rachel Alexandria" running soon at Oaklawn..

Apple

Banned
Re: Monster filly "Rachel Alexandria" running soon at Oaklawn..

Wow this filly is amazing.. She could be one of the best we've seen in a long time, her and Zenyatta are two fucking monsters..

BETTINGPROPHETS

EOG Veteran

Stardom Bound is better too and she will beat Rachel soon in the Oaks unless both the fillies are entered in the Derby which would be SICK

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

very special horse for sure..might be the best 3 year old filly this year or even since Rags..but Ruffian? u guys are killing me on that one.

anyway..this is a nice horse that is far far far from Ruffian..

Rachel Alexandra broke her maiden in her second try at Churchill Downs, then finished just a half-length back in second in the Debutante S. (G3) when making her stakes debut next out. The miss added an allowance score to her line at Keeneland and returned to Churchill to run second in the Pocahontas S. (G3) prior to finally breaking through with a first black-type victory in the Golden Rod. She wasn't seen again in competition until showing up at Oaklawn Park to make her sophomore bow in the Martha Washington S. Rachel Alexandra dominated her rivals in that one, posting an eight-length score, then shipped to New Orleans, where she stretched back out to 1 1/16 miles when capturing the Fair Grounds Oaks (G2) by 1 3/4 lengths on a sloppy, sealed track. She has now banked $621,440 in lifetime earnings to go along with her 9-6-2-0 career mark.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Ed Im hearing no rumors of Rachal in the Derby...

stardom there has been some rumors of but not Rachel.

What are you hearing? Would be fun fun fun I hope it happens.

I wrote about her a couple of months ago. Check my
Derby thread, you can watch her races there. She may be the best horse in the United States.

Pigpen

EOG Veteran

She is not nominated to the triple crown so I don't think they are going to the Derby. She is very special but as good as Ruffian?? If so she is a very special animal, Ruffian was about as good as they get.

Apple

Banned

Remember Azeri?she was better than rags than to riches. Zenyatta is better and Ruffian? Not even close she was way better than rags to riches. zenyatta and rachel are untouchable they have no flaws, you can't say anything negative towards them.

Pigpen

EOG Veteran

Don't know how good Rags was because she retired so early but I cannot put any of these on the same level as Ruffian.

Remember Azeri?she was better than rags than to riches. Zenyatta is better and Ruffian? Not even close she was way better than rags to riches. zenyatta and rachel are untouchable they have no flaws, you can't say anything negative towards them.
I dont remember Azeri beating a Curlin, do you? How do you know Rags to Riches wasnt better than all of them? Injury forced her retirement as a 3yo. She was regally bred and never lost a race after her first race as a two year old at 4 1/2 furlongs first out. Her last loss by a neck she injured herself. And yes, Why not Zenyatta better than Ruffian? What you fail to acknowledge is there was much more sentamentality back in the 70's for horses and horse racing as a sport than today. Zenyatta has blown away all opposition, that BC Distaff last year was loaded with million dollar earners..... She destroyed them like they weren't even competing against her.

By your logic, Secretariat wasnt the best Male ever because He lost several times.

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

Rachel Alexandra is easily the best filly around; Stardom Bound can't touch her, Zenyatta is a cut below.

Rachel Alexandra is easily the best filly around; Stardom Bound can't touch her, Zenyatta is a cut below.

If Zenyatta ran against Rachel Alexandra tomorrow, she would beat her by 10 lengths past a mile.. You need to check your facts.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Zenyatta wouldn't sniff this horse right now. (unless she got abused on the front end)

Zenyatta wouldn't sniff this horse right now. (unless she got abused on the front end)
I dont think you guys have a good perspective on this yet. First of all, I have stated for over 2 months now I think this is the best 3 year old in the US, but Zenyatta has absolutely DESTROYED the best. Rachel Alexandra has beaten hardly anything. At this point in a young horses career, they would be absolutely killed by the best in the older division.

These "wouldnt sniff" and "cant touch" responses need to be classified as inaccurate. There isnt a bookmaker in the world who would put Rachel as a favorite over Zenyatta at really any distance beyond a sprint. With a fairly paced raced on paper, Zenyatta would be 1/4 against Rachel Alexandra right now.

It's like saying Quality Road could beat Curlin right now. Absurd. It's like saying an High School Freshman Star in Basketball could beat Kobe. It's a maturity thing. Also, Zenyatta is a freak.

gofur876

EOG Addicted

Quality WILL NOT beat IWR!!! I got him @ +550, hope he doesn't scratch. This was 10 days ago, way down after the Wood!:houra

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Quality WILL NOT beat IWR!!! I got him @ +550, hope he doesn't scratch. This was 10 days ago, way down after the Wood!:houra

not way down..even Big brown was 7-2..barbaro was 5-1

on derby day this horse and QR will both be in that 9-2 range.

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

If Zenyatta ran against Rachel Alexandra tomorrow, she would beat her by 10 lengths past a mile.. You need to check your facts.

I know that Rachel Alexandra is a 3 year old but I'll take an improving-at-warp-speed 3 yo over a 5 yo that hasn't run in over five months, especially in the distaff division.

Impressive run there by the filly. Gives the Oaks a little extra flavor this year. Will be interesting to see the step up in competition and what it does.

Apple

Banned

I dont remember Azeri beating a Curlin, do you? How do you know Rags to Riches wasnt better than all of them? Injury forced her retirement as a 3yo. She was regally bred and never lost a race after her first race as a two year old at 4 1/2 furlongs first out. Her last loss by a neck she injured herself. And yes, Why not Zenyatta better than Ruffian? What you fail to acknowledge is there was much more sentamentality back in the 70's for horses and horse racing as a sport than today. Zenyatta has blown away all opposition, that BC Distaff last year was loaded with million dollar earners..... She destroyed them like they weren't even competing against her.

By your logic, Secretariat wasnt the best Male ever because He lost several times.

Rags to Riches beat a tired Curlin and Rags to Riches was bred to run a mile and a half.. Rags to Riches was a great filly no question but Zenyatta, Azeri and (probably) Rachel alexandria are better..

But who knows, just one mans opinion.. But beating a tired Curlin by a head who was running his third race in 5 weeks in that Belmont, and lets not forget she was running her ideal distance that day she was bred to run all day.. Didn't impress me as much as it impressed you..

Curlin is overrated too, he couldn't shine Cigar's shoes, nor Skip Away from the 90's.. Curlin got beat repeatedly by Street Sense and Hard Spun during the 2007 campaign. Curlin didn't beat anybody that special in 2008.. Its not Curlin is some world beater, he just came around at a great time..

God Bless him for running as a 4 yr old, cause a lot of owners retire their horses after 3.

Apple

Banned

Zenyatta is a 5 yr old, Rachel Alexandria is a 3 yr old.. Its not fair to compare them right now, I hope they will get to meet in the Distaff later in the year, but I doubt it.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I dont think you guys have a good perspective on this yet. First of all, I have stated for over 2 months now I think this is the best 3 year old in the US, but Zenyatta has absolutely DESTROYED the best. Rachel Alexandra has beaten hardly anything. At this point in a young horses career, they would be absolutely killed by the best in the older division.

These "wouldnt sniff" and "cant touch" responses need to be classified as inaccurate. There isnt a bookmaker in the world who would put Rachel as a favorite over Zenyatta at really any distance beyond a sprint. With a fairly paced raced on paper, Zenyatta would be 1/4 against Rachel Alexandra right now.

It's like saying Quality Road could beat Curlin right now. Absurd. It's like saying an High School Freshman Star in Basketball could beat Kobe. It's a maturity thing. Also, Zenyatta is a freak.

Rachel is running Beyers in the 100's and could run 120 if she had to.

What's Zenyatta's best lifetime Beyer?

Also, Zenyatta has to give RA 5 lbs because of weight allowance.

Apple

Banned

Damn that sucks, Pampy and QR out of the race???

FUCK injury

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

man that is bad news for QR....too bad...late injuries really hurting that stellar field...

Rachel is running Beyers in the 100's and could run 120 if she had to.

What's Zenyatta's best lifetime Beyer?

Also, Zenyatta has to give RA 5 lbs because of weight allowance.
It wouldnt be close right now, and it is embarrassing that you think it would be. You are supposed to know what you're talking about.
Zenyatta's PP's:
http://www.drf.com/bc/2008/pps/Zenyatta.pdf

and her Breeders Cup number:

* The Gr. 1 $2 million Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic, 1 1/8 miles on Pro-Ride.
Fractional Splits: :23.71 :48.08 1:11.08 1:35.12 1:46.85 - An erratic pace given the slow second quarter-mile split, but the final three furlongs clocked in 35.78 was well above par.
Winning Beyer Speed Figure: 103 - A par rating for a G1 race, but the rating doesn't do the winner justice given her extremely wide trip and sudden burst of acceleration.
Zenyatta was an awesome winner from last to first around the entire field that included five proven G1 winners, including the 2007 champion filly Ginger Punch. Although she was in the rear for almost seven furlongs, this was a one-horse race. Coupled with Curlin's defeat in the Classic on Saturday, this performance probably clinched the 2008 Horse of the Year award for this undefeated 4-year-old filly champion. At least that is how I will mark my ballot.
The Godolphin stable pair Cocoa Beach and Music Note - finished second and third.

I will let you waste your time a little further after Rachel beats 1 horse of any GI quality at all.

RACHEL ALEXANDRA HAS LOST 3 TIMES ALREADY IN 9 Starts(http://www.kentuckyoaks.com/2009/racing-information/contenders/rachel-alexandra/race-history), and you wanna pull out some Beyer Figs to try and raise a comparison with an undefeated and tested Champion?

Jesus, is anyone here on my level? This is a fucking joke.

I think this filly is the nuts, but gimme a fucking break. Enough. At this point, Zenyatta shits on the young baby, and is one of the best fillies to have EVER run. :shoot:

Rags to Riches beat a tired Curlin and Rags to Riches was bred to run a mile and a half.. Rags to Riches was a great filly no question but Zenyatta, Azeri and (probably) Rachel alexandria are better..

But who knows, just one mans opinion.. But beating a tired Curlin by a head who was running his third race in 5 weeks in that Belmont, and lets not forget she was running her ideal distance that day she was bred to run all day.. Didn't impress me as much as it impressed you..

Curlin is overrated too, he couldn't shine Cigar's shoes, nor Skip Away from the 90's.. Curlin got beat repeatedly by Street Sense and Hard Spun during the 2007 campaign. Curlin didn't beat anybody that special in 2008.. Its not Curlin is some world beater, he just came around at a great time..

God Bless him for running as a 4 yr old, cause a lot of owners retire their horses after 3.
no offense, but who ever said Curlin was tired? Hell, he only had 3 races in his life prior to the Derby. No one had raced less that year, or pretty much in the history of Triple Crown racing.

They flew down the lane. She outran him: bottom line, fair and square.

And the second part of your statement is beyond incorrect. Curlin never even raced until he was a 3 year old. Hard Spun beat him in the Derby, once, and Street Sense beat him in the same race, once. He outran Street Sense and Hard Spun in the Preakness, Hard Spun in the Belmont, and both of them again in the Breeders Cup Classic.. Sorry, but wrong again Gyn. Catch up with me here, buddy!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

It wouldnt be close right now, and it is embarrassing that you think it would be. You are supposed to know what you're talking about.
Zenyatta's PP's:
http://www.drf.com/bc/2008/pps/Zenyatta.pdf

and her Breeders Cup number:

* The Gr. 1 $2 million Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic, 1 1/8 miles on Pro-Ride.
Fractional Splits: :23.71 :48.08 1:11.08 1:35.12 1:46.85 - An erratic pace given the slow second quarter-mile split, but the final three furlongs clocked in 35.78 was well above par.
Winning Beyer Speed Figure: 103 - A par rating for a G1 race, but the rating doesn't do the winner justice given her extremely wide trip and sudden burst of acceleration.
Zenyatta was an awesome winner from last to first around the entire field that included five proven G1 winners, including the 2007 champion filly Ginger Punch. Although she was in the rear for almost seven furlongs, this was a one-horse race. Coupled with Curlin's defeat in the Classic on Saturday, this performance probably clinched the 2008 Horse of the Year award for this undefeated 4-year-old filly champion. At least that is how I will mark my ballot.
The Godolphin stable pair Cocoa Beach and Music Note - finished second and third.

I will let you waste your time a little further after Rachel beats 1 horse of any GI quality at all.

RACHEL ALEXANDRA HAS LOST 3 TIMES ALREADY IN 9 Starts(http://www.kentuckyoaks.com/2009/racing-information/contenders/rachel-alexandra/race-history), and you wanna pull out some Beyer Figs to try and raise a comparison with an undefeated and tested Champion?

Jesus, is anyone here on my level? This is a fucking joke.

I think this filly is the nuts, but gimme a fucking break. Enough. At this point, Zenyatta shits on the young baby, and is one of the best fillies to have EVER run. :shoot:

:LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

If these two horses ran in a match race at Oaklawn (since they've both raced and won there) Rachel would easily wire the field. She would go down to the half in 50 and never be touched.

If these two horses ran in a match race at Oaklawn (since they've both raced and won there) Rachel would easily wire the field. She would go down to the half in 50 and never be touched.
Well the filly of the year in 2007 (Ginger Punch) actually did that with her at Oaklawn. Moderate fractions, and Zenyatta was well back. Click on the PP's to find out what happened to her.

Stop smoking the pipe. It clouds thought. :thumbsup