Monster filly "Rachel Alexandria" running soon at Oaklawn..

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Monster filly "Rachel Alexandria" running soon at Oaklawn..

20-1??

thats way too high dude..

No, that's fair. You have a ton going against you. She might be retired by then, she might not race on synthetic and she might not race in the classic. All that, AND she has to do something that's never been done before, a 3yo filly winning BCC.

Apple

Banned

its close, but many people hated pat day as much as loved him... he was wildly popular, but nothing like calvin. EVERYONE there (who isnt just a numbers playing sicko) loves Calvin. I think its just as much or more the riding style as it is his personality.

success has nothing to do with popularity.. if that were true, leparoux would be worshipped ... he is respected and admired, but calvin is beloved.. it just is as it is.

I personally like Calvin more.. Pat Day gave me some awful rides in the past, I liked his patient style and all but I'd take Borel over Day..

She'll either skip BC or run in the Classic. As much as Jackson hates the idea that his star pupil Curlin sunk into the quicksand, he'll love redemption with Rachel, especially getting 5-7 lbs at a mile and a quarter against Einstein.

Btw, are there any futures out there that have Rachel winning the BC Classic? Can i get 20-1 or higher?
The Classic? :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO Man, you need to read a bit more.
You think Jackson is going to go all the way to SA and run Rachel against the fucking boys when everyone in the world wants her to run against Zenyatta? He would be known worldwide as the biggest pussy in horse racing.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

she will run in the alabama at saratoga ,its for 3yo fillies grade 1 jmo

I personally like Calvin more.. Pat Day gave me some awful rides in the past, I liked his patient style and all but I'd take Borel over Day..
I'd rate them similar,... Day more talented, Calvin wanted it more. Both are great riders.

I always had a problem with Pat winning a race by a neck that he could've won by 5 lengths with just a little encouragement.

Apple

Banned

If there was ever a year that a 3yo filly could win the Classic this would be the year.. The fucking male older division is garbage..

Although there will probably be some good foreign horses in the race..

If there was ever a year that a 3yo filly could win the Classic this would be the year.. The fucking male older division is garbage..

Although there will probably be some good foreign horses in the race..
Im not saying she couldnt win it, or wouldnt. But she would be ducking the best horse in the world? Jackson would be obliterated for bitching out to that extent.. as he should be. You all say you got the best horse, well go out there and prove it.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

she run the classic too long as it anit no mile and a half witch it anit ,jmo
the mother brof/ing goose at belmont
the paul bear byrant
cup classic

the mother brof/ing goose at belmont
the paul bear byrant
cup classic
ned, what is this jibberish? i need a translator for what youre saying here :+clueless

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The Classic? :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO Man, you need to read a bit more.
You think Jackson is going to go all the way to SA and run Rachel against the fucking boys when everyone in the world wants her to run against Zenyatta? He would be known worldwide as the biggest pussy in horse racing.

Um, why run against Zenyatta for less money when she can beat Creampuff males getting 7 lbs (at least) for 4 million?

Um, why run against Zenyatta for less money when she can beat Creampuff males getting 7 lbs (at least) for 4 million?
Um, because its a punk out and he won't do it. He will either run her against Zenyatta, run her on the turf, or skip it altogether.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

Jackson had earlier mentioned Belmont Park's Mother Goose (GI) on Saturday, June 27 as one option for Rachel Alexandra. The Mother Goose is a 1 1/8-mile race for 3-year-old fillies.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

Rachel drills six furlongs; Mother Goose next?

By Art Wilson on June 8, 2009 10:16 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) |<SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript>SHARETHIS.addEntry({title:'Inside Horse Racing: Rachel drills six furlongs; Mother Goose next?',summary:'Rachel Alexandra was back on the track working out Monday morning, which means only one thing -- her next race is not far away. Here\'s ...',url:'http://www.insidesocal.com/horseracing/2009/06/rachel-drills-six-furlongs-mot.html',icon: 'http://www.insidesocal.com/horseracing/sharethis.jpg'}, {button:true} );</SCRIPT> ShareThis

Rachel Alexandra was back on the track working out Monday morning, which means only one thing -- her next race is not far away. Here's the news release from Churchill Downs regarding the work and her possible next race:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Monday, June 8, 2009) - Preakness Stakes (Grade I) and Kentucky Oaks (GI) winner Rachel Alexandra turned in solid six-furlong workout Monday at Churchill Downs as the team behind the 3-year-daughter of Medaglia d'Oro considers her next start.

Rachel Alexandra covered the distance over a "fast" track in 1:13.80. Regular exercise rider Dominic Terry was in the saddle as Churchill Downs clockers caught her in fractions of :13, :25.60, :37.60, :49.40 and 1:01.20. She galloped out seven furlongs in 1:28.

Trainer Steve Asmussen was happy with the move, but said there's no decision yet from majority owner Jess Jackson of Stonestreet Stables regarding Rachel Alexandra's next start.

"She went a nice, smooth three quarters," Asmussen said. "She went beautiful, like she always does. She's in a nice rhythm and seems very happy right now. We'll report back to Jess and the gang and see what we do next."

Jackson had earlier mentioned Belmont Park's Mother Goose (GI) on Saturday, June 27 as one option for Rachel Alexandra. The Mother Goose is a 1 1/8-mile race for 3-year-old fillies.

Rachel Alexandra has won six consecutive races, with her victory over Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird in the Preakness being her latest triumph. She has a career record of 8-2-0 in 11 races and has earned $1,618,354.

yea.. that's her next race. you had me trippin' billies with that last post padnuh :LMAO

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

yea.. that's her next race. you had me trippin' billies with that last post padnuh :LMAO
lol
---
schould of red

she ll run the classic too so long as it anit no mile and a half witch it anit ,jmo

Apple

Banned

What a filly, she has done it all.. What more is there to do?

LOCK UP HORSE OF THE YEAR!!!

Apple

Banned

She's done for the year... I didn't like the ride, did you?

She can rate, he had her going to fast early. 46 and 2!!

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

man I have to get out my phots from
Oaks day..I Was 20 feet from Rachel by the Walking ring as Calvin mounted and I think I have a great photo when she looked right at me!

Apple

Banned

Thats cool trytry.. I would totally go to Anita if she would make it for the BC.. Bring the digital and take as many pics as possible..

I strongly doubt it though, I think she's done for the year..

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I dont think you guys have a good perspective on this yet. First of all, I have stated for over 2 months now I think this is the best 3 year old in the US, but Zenyatta has absolutely DESTROYED the best. Rachel Alexandra has beaten hardly anything. At this point in a young horses career, they would be absolutely killed by the best in the older division.

These "wouldnt sniff" and "cant touch" responses need to be classified as inaccurate. There isnt a bookmaker in the world who would put Rachel as a favorite over Zenyatta at really any distance beyond a sprint. With a fairly paced raced on paper, Zenyatta would be 1/4 against Rachel Alexandra right now.

It's like saying Quality Road could beat Curlin right now. Absurd. It's like saying an High School Freshman Star in Basketball could beat Kobe. It's a maturity thing. Also, Zenyatta is a freak.

i dont care what any of you say, no way rachel does that to the classic field today. i love rachel, she is fantastic, but zenyatta is one of the greatest horses to ever race. she would wipe her ass with rachel.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

i dont care what any of you say, no way rachel does that to the classic field today. i love rachel, she is fantastic, but zenyatta is one of the greatest horses to ever race. she would wipe her ass with rachel.

Negatory.

But hey, thanks for playing!

OSU COWBOYS

EOG Dedicated

Hard to do it if you dont even show up to the BC at all. :blink:

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Hard to do it if you dont even show up to the BC at all. :blink:

Too bad the BC was in November. Rachel, being a 3 yo, was engaged in something more prestigious than the BC, that's the triple crown. Its tiring being a 3 yo stakes horse in america, you have to travel around to differnet tracks in different states to compete. Rachel won races in Kentucky, Arkansas, Maryland, NJ and NY. That's tiring, she finished her campaign and is getting ready for next season.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Too bad the BC was in November. Rachel, being a 3 yo, was engaged in something more prestigious than the BC, that's the triple crown. Its tiring being a 3 yo stakes horse in america, you have to travel around to differnet tracks in different states to compete. Rachel won races in Kentucky, Arkansas, Maryland, NJ and NY. That's tiring, she finished her campaign and is getting ready for next season.

5 month vacations are the norm....:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

If I was the owner, I would have taken a shot....

OSU COWBOYS

EOG Dedicated

She was engaged in the Triple Crown? She ran one Triple Crown race.

She is a 3 yo. A 3yo that has NO business on the same track as a 5 yo who is undefeated. Her owners new that, I dont understand why you dont?

RA's owners have promised she will run in 2010 and will run in the BC Classic. As a 4 yo she stands to be the favorite if she steadily improves as she has over the last year.

As she stands right now, a 3 yo, she isnt the same class as Big Z. You know enough about horses to know just how much difference there is, physically, between those ages.

Will RA rule things next year? Very good possibility. Will she be better than Big Z then? Maybe. Is she now? Nope.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

She was engaged in the Triple Crown? She ran one Triple Crown race.

She is a 3 yo. A 3yo that has NO business on the same track as a 5 yo who is undefeated. Her owners new that, I dont understand why you dont?

RA's owners have promised she will run in 2010 and will run in the BC Classic. As a 4 yo she stands to be the favorite if she steadily improves as she has over the last year.

As she stands right now, a 3 yo, she isnt the same class as Big Z. You know enough about horses to know just how much difference there is, physically, between those ages.

Will RA rule things next year? Very good possibility. Will she be better than Big Z then? Maybe. Is she now? Nope.

Rachel has faster Beyer figs. She would be 1-9 vs Zenyatta in a match race.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

:blink:

Beyer figs. Nice. If only Beyer figs won races.

14 of them to be exact.

You can't go on wins, both horses were undefeated in 2009.

So. You have to go on something else, right?

Is there something other than wins or beyer figs that you want to go on?

OSU COWBOYS

EOG Dedicated

You can't go on wins, both horses were undefeated in 2009.

So. You have to go on something else, right?

Is there something other than wins or beyer figs that you want to go on?

Undefeated 5 yo horse vs a 3 yo who missed the board in one of her races.

Big Z just beat arguably the best BC Classic field ever, in a fashion RA couldnt dream of.

By the time they race, if they do, RA will be older and stronger. She will be a formidable foe at that time. Right now her owners said she wasnt ready. How can that not be enough for you?

I don't have a problem with Rachel not running. She's had a long 3yo campaign where she was full out in the Preakness and left her guts on the track at Saratoga. You always do what's right by the animal, and the rest is most likely a good thing for her. Allow her time to get stronger and come back the right way.

Zenyatta is a better horse. That's all. Nothing against the brilliant filly at all. Zenyatta may be the best filly/mare to ever race. Rachel is one of the best.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Undefeated 5 yo horse vs a 3 yo who missed the board in one of her races.

Big Z just beat arguably the best BC Classic field ever, in a fashion RA couldnt dream of.

By the time they race, if they do, RA will be older and stronger. She will be a formidable foe at that time. Right now her owners said she wasnt ready. How can that not be enough for you?

Best Classic field ever?

Meth is bad.

BROOKLYN KID

EOG Enthusiast

I am a big Rachel Alexandria fan but a pretty good horse handicapper.
Watching the breeders cup you saw the california and european hortses dominate over the synthetic racetrack.
Going by results and numbers yes zenyatta probably will beat rachel on synthetic but rachel would and will whip zenyatta on dirt.
the owners and trainers are now realizing the mistake to try a synthetic
track santa anita is supposed to be switching back to dirt som,e time next year.
The ragozin sheets probably the best speed #"s in the world had Zenyatta
2 points faster then any # any of the other horses ever run.Also she ran
3 #'s faster in her career then any of the rest of the field ever run.
Only Rachel has run as fast or faster then Zenyatta but on dirt and if they do meet it will almost definitely be on dirt.