Who has the best EOG team?

mofome

Banned
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

I'd be right there if I'd started him. Put way too much stock in his awful spring. 2348ji23e

yeah i was really hoping you did. i tried to sneak him in that deal and when it wasnt there anymore i assumed you rejected it and saw through my sneakiness but :nono

I think guth is 2nd to halladay in % of quality starts over the last 3 years. he'll get runs and he can just pitch. after thw wbc he came back from spring and was throwing all change ups to try and add it but he never got a great feel for it.

rjt721

EOG Master

yeah i was really hoping you did. i tried to sneak him in that deal and when it wasnt there anymore i assumed you rejected it and saw through my sneakiness but :nono

I think guth is 2nd to halladay in % of quality starts over the last 3 years. he'll get runs and he can just pitch. after thw wbc he came back from spring and was throwing all change ups to try and add it but he never got a great feel for it.
I like Guth. But including him wasn't going to be a deal-breaker. Like some of my younger pitchers, mainly Sanchez and Andrew Miller. And even though he had no control and was killed last night, also like James McDonald. Weeks that he's a 2-start guy with both games at Dodger Stadium, he could be a nice guy to use in one of the RP slots. Think I have a solid top 5 now with Lester, Liri, Shields, Danks and Scherzer. And I wouldn't bet against Smoltz coming back and being really good. Like my pitching depth even without Guth.

Now just looking to upgrade at closer. Also want one more bat.

tripp

EOG Master

you guys are really getting way too into guthrie. i don't think i'd ever feel safe starting him or any other o's pitcher.

I like Guth. But including him wasn't going to be a deal-breaker. Like some of my younger pitchers, mainly Sanchez and Andrew Miller. And even though he had no control and was killed last night, also like James McDonald. Weeks that he's a 2-start guy with both games at Dodger Stadium, he could be a nice guy to use in one of the RP slots. Think I have a solid top 5 now with Lester, Liri, Shields, Danks and Scherzer. And I wouldn't bet against Smoltz coming back and being really good. Like my pitching depth even without Guth.

any interest in a gonzo?

rjt721

EOG Master

you guys are really getting way too into guthrie. i don't think i'd ever feel safe starting him or any other o's pitcher.
He's a guy worth having on your roster and to consider playing when he has 2 starts for a week. Nothing more.

mofome

Banned

Miller wont be useful this season. Mcdonald stinks. If he was even decent I would have picked him up. Of course, thats just my opinion.

I loved that deal with you and you loved it too. We dont see many deals like that my man. We also each got players from our fav teams.

:cheers

mofome

Banned

yes, but you are also wrong a lot. He just completely shut down the yanks and tb, two of the best teams in all of baseball. people commented on how his value would drop right away because he had a tougher start to his season than anyone in the league (yanks, tb, boston) but he has dominated them. You get your mind made up about someone and its a done deal. Guthrie is a great SP especially in 2 start weeks. He is the most consistent starter in the league. He NEVER gives you a start as bad as what lir did today. Never.

rjt721

EOG Master

Miller wont be useful this season. Mcdonald stinks. If he was even decent I would have picked him up. Of course, thats just my opinion.

I loved that deal with you and you loved it too. We dont see many deals like that my man. We also each got players from our fav teams.

:cheers
Miller might be a year away.

Kuroda stinks too. Don't need to be good to be effective in that park.

Going to be a long year if I don't do something about Gregg and Gonzalez at closer.

mofome

Banned

Miller might be a year away.

Kuroda stinks too. Don't need to be good to be effective in that park.

Going to be a long year if I don't do something about Gregg and Gonzalez at closer.

easy to knock them out if you are a righty in fla. bigger adv for a right handed pitcher than a lefty.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Guthrie 2008

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=980 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=800 height=650><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD colSpan=20>MARCH </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 vAlign=top><TH>DATE</TH><TH>TEAM</TH><TH>OPP</TH><TH>RESULT</TH><TH>RECORD</TH><TH>SV</TH><TH>ERA</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>CG</TH><TH>SHO</TH><TH>IP</TH><TH>H</TH><TH>R</TH><TH>ER</TH><TH>HR</TH><TH>BB</TH><TH>SO</TH><TH>HBP</TH><TH>WP</TH><TH>BK</TH></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>03/31</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>TB</TD><TD>L 2-6</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>8.44</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5.1</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD colSpan=20>APRIL </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 vAlign=top><TH>DATE</TH><TH>TEAM</TH><TH>OPP</TH><TH>RESULT</TH><TH>RECORD</TH><TH>SV</TH><TH>ERA</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>CG</TH><TH>SHO</TH><TH>IP</TH><TH>H</TH><TH>R</TH><TH>ER</TH><TH>HR</TH><TH>BB</TH><TH>SO</TH><TH>HBP</TH><TH>WP</TH><TH>BK</TH></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>04/06</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>SEA</TD><TD>W 3-2</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5.11</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>04/11</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@TB</TD><TD>L 5-10</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.34</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>04/17</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>CHW</TD><TD>W 6-5</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.38</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>04/22</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@SEA</TD><TD>L 2-4</TD><TD>0-2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.18</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.2</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>04/27</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@CHW</TD><TD>L 1-6</TD><TD>0-3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.34</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD colSpan=20>MAY </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 vAlign=top><TH>DATE</TH><TH>TEAM</TH><TH>OPP</TH><TH>RESULT</TH><TH>RECORD</TH><TH>SV</TH><TH>ERA</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>CG</TH><TH>SHO</TH><TH>IP</TH><TH>H</TH><TH>R</TH><TH>ER</TH><TH>HR</TH><TH>BB</TH><TH>SO</TH><TH>HBP</TH><TH>WP</TH><TH>BK</TH></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>05/02</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@ANA</TD><TD>W 4-3</TD><TD>1-3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.06</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>05/07</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@OAK</TD><TD>L 5-6</TD><TD>1-3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5.2</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>05/13</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>BOS</TD><TD>W 5-4</TD><TD>2-3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.18</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>05/18</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>WAS</TD><TD>L 1-2</TD><TD>2-4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.86</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>05/23</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@TB</TD><TD>L 0-2</TD><TD>2-5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.62</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>05/28</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>NYY</TD><TD>L 2-4</TD><TD>2-6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.64</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD colSpan=20>JUNE </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 vAlign=top><TH>DATE</TH><TH>TEAM</TH><TH>OPP</TH><TH>RESULT</TH><TH>RECORD</TH><TH>SV</TH><TH>ERA</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>CG</TH><TH>SHO</TH><TH>IP</TH><TH>H</TH><TH>R</TH><TH>ER</TH><TH>HR</TH><TH>BB</TH><TH>SO</TH><TH>HBP</TH><TH>WP</TH><TH>BK</TH></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>06/02</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>BOS</TD><TD>W 6-3</TD><TD>2-6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.58</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>06/07</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@TOR</TD><TD>W 9-5</TD><TD>3-6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.40</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>06/12</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@BOS</TD><TD>L 2-9</TD><TD>3-7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.71</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>06/18</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>HOU</TD><TD>W 2-1</TD><TD>3-7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.51</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>8.0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>06/24</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@CHC</TD><TD>W 7-5</TD><TD>4-7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.64</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>06/29</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@WAS</TD><TD>L 2-3</TD><TD>4-7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.50</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD colSpan=20>JULY </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 vAlign=top><TH>DATE</TH><TH>TEAM</TH><TH>OPP</TH><TH>RESULT</TH><TH>RECORD</TH><TH>SV</TH><TH>ERA</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>CG</TH><TH>SHO</TH><TH>IP</TH><TH>H</TH><TH>R</TH><TH>ER</TH><TH>HR</TH><TH>BB</TH><TH>SO</TH><TH>HBP</TH><TH>WP</TH><TH>BK</TH></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>07/04</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>TEX</TD><TD>W 10-4</TD><TD>5-7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.61</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>07/10</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@TOR</TD><TD>L 5-6</TD><TD>5-7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.49</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>07/18</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>DET</TD><TD>W 7-4</TD><TD>6-7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.60</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>07/23</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>TOR</TD><TD></TD><TD>6-8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.58</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5.2</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>07/28</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@NYY</TD><TD>W 13-4</TD><TD>7-8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.49</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD colSpan=20>AUGUST </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 vAlign=top><TH>DATE</TH><TH>TEAM</TH><TH>OPP</TH><TH>RESULT</TH><TH>RECORD</TH><TH>SV</TH><TH>ERA</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>CG</TH><TH>SHO</TH><TH>IP</TH><TH>H</TH><TH>R</TH><TH>ER</TH><TH>HR</TH><TH>BB</TH><TH>SO</TH><TH>HBP</TH><TH>WP</TH><TH>BK</TH></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>08/02</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@SEA</TD><TD>W 3-1</TD><TD>8-8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.35</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>9.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>08/08</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>TEX</TD><TD>W 9-1</TD><TD>9-8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.26</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>08/13</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@CLE</TD><TD>W 6-1</TD><TD>10-8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.18</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>08/18</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>BOS</TD><TD>L 3-6</TD><TD>10-9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.15</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>08/23</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>NYY</TD><TD>L 3-5</TD><TD>10-10</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6.2</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>08/29</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>@TB</TD><TD>L 3-14</TD><TD>10-11</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.57</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

had some stinkers no?

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=middle><TD colSpan=20>SEPTEMBER </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 vAlign=top><TH>DATE</TH><TH>TEAM</TH><TH>OPP</TH><TH>RESULT</TH><TH>RECORD</TH><TH>SV</TH><TH>ERA</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>CG</TH><TH>SHO</TH><TH>IP</TH><TH>H</TH><TH>R</TH><TH>ER</TH><TH>HR</TH><TH>BB</TH><TH>SO</TH><TH>HBP</TH><TH>WP</TH><TH>BK</TH></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>09/28</TD><TD>BAL</TD><TD>TOR</TD><TD>L 1-10</TD><TD>10-12</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.63</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD width=5> </TD><TD align=middle width=165>
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--//var dclkSkyscraper='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/cbssports/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=160x600;tile=2;ord='+random+'?';if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkSkyscraper+'" style="width:160px">
'); document.write('<scr' +'ipt src="'+dclkSkyscraper+'"><\/script>'); }// --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/cbssports/mlb/media/players;arena=mlb;site=media;feat=players;type=psa;prod=sync;team=BAL;playr=390771;user=Named;ct=USA;st=FL;ac=727;age=B;mktg=FF08_mgmt_unpaid;mktg=FF08_mgmt_paid;mktg=FFB08_All_XMD08;mktg=fbbc09_mgmt_paid;mktg=fbb09_all;mktg=fbbp09_all;seg=nonaol;ctype=lan;lang=en-us;lang=en-us;adv=e;cust=yes;fteam=NFL-none;fteam=NBA-none;fteam=MLB-none;fteam=NHL-none;fteam=NCAAF-none;fteam=NCAAB-none;pteam=NHL-none;u=mkdfund;sz=160x600;tile=2;ord=016826605657894233?"></SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
CBS Sports Store

<!-- AD for MLB : BAL MLB -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

J

joeybagadonuts

Tripper first to cross the 300 pt mark.

Timetopay

EOG Master

yeah - enjoy him coming around once in a while. just not the same without some back and forth

mofome

Banned

mo who will it take for cws man rameriz?

cee said he is ww junk. today he bangs around liri but he is dog dick.

2348ji23e

idk, what kinda deal are you thinking? i would love to be deals.

J

joeybagadonuts

bags please make me a couple serious offers! wants to get some deals done before next week!

Mo,

I'm not too hip to this fantasy shit on CBS, how does it work when you make a trade? Does the player go over right away during a week, or does he stay in till the week ends? Dumb question, but I honestly don't know.
2348ji23e

J

joeybagadonuts

TTP,

I wants Kinsler and Greinke. Make me a fair trade.