Who has the best EOG team?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

Truthfully I loved the team I drafted and shouldn't have made one move. I think I drafted the best team, but I love to make deals because most people don't trade in my other leagues.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I can't stand him, but I love his value Tuck so I have to say :nono: to that one.

TTP, Hardy does nothing for me in that trade. He wouldn't start over Everth or Yunell on my team. You have another possible piece?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

If you take out Danks and Hardy and add Ervin Santana from my side (no one from your side) we have a deal.

Timetopay

EOG Master

If you take out Danks and Hardy and add Ervin Santana from my side (no one from your side) we have a deal.

Cant man. then thats three injury guys man. I aint a hospital

you can get braden,rios,padilla,bartlett

I losin on 3b u will agree on that

Pitcher we will say are even even though Weaver outscored both of your guys.

I need to win on the third piece

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The only problem is I have so many OF'ers. Agree on the walking hospital :LMAO. I'm taking this girl to lunch for her birthday. I'll look everything over when I get back.

tripp

EOG Master

damn great deal for chute. i don't think ibanez has a year even near last year, but cueto might be better than shields in that deal, so to get a OF you can start also was a great deal, especially now if he can turn cueto into danks

i think guys are giving up too much just simply to deal with chute at this point :LMAO

tripp

EOG Master

K-Rod leaves country, might miss opener

Francisco J. Rodriguez, RP NYM
News: The Bergen Record reports that Mets closer Francisco J. Rodriguez has left the country to attend to a personal matter and might not be back by opening day.

Analysis: No one knows exactly where K-Rod has gone, but you have to assume he's back in his home country of Venezuela taking care of some business. A must-start Fantasy RP when he's around, K-Rod struggled a little last season and the Mets won't be happy to see him take off this close to the start of the campaign. Monitor this situation closely as we head towards Sunday's lineup deadline for Week 1 (April 4-11). If K-Rod isn't back, the Mets don't really have a whole lot of closing options available, with maybe Pedro Feliciano the favorite to steal a couple of save opps.

Uh oh. We have our first runaway and the season hasn't even started yet.

anyone know how the DL is going to work?

When will they make you take the player off. Cant be in the middle of the week so is it by next weeks start?

yes, the only time it's a bit of a problem is when they take guys off the dl on monday before lineups are due. Then you are left with 1 too many reserves and illegal lineups. But teams usually announce in advance when the player will come off dl list. So if u don't wait til last minute u will be fine
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Viejo -

No can do there. Again I feel I am giving up the 2 best Players in the deal.

Miggy = best
Shields = 2nd best

DLee= 3rd best

then the rest are ww really....not real ww...but you know what I mean...Swisher, S.Rodriguez, Werth

And I like Nick Johnson. I traded Fielder because I wanted to get Nick in my lineup.

Its closer than the other one though.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

K-Rod leaves country, might miss opener

Francisco J. Rodriguez, RP NYM
News: The Bergen Record reports that Mets closer Francisco J. Rodriguez has left the country to attend to a personal matter and might not be back by opening day.

Analysis: No one knows exactly where K-Rod has gone, but you have to assume he's back in his home country of Venezuela taking care of some business. A must-start Fantasy RP when he's around, K-Rod struggled a little last season and the Mets won't be happy to see him take off this close to the start of the campaign. Monitor this situation closely as we head towards Sunday's lineup deadline for Week 1 (April 4-11). If K-Rod isn't back, the Mets don't really have a whole lot of closing options available, with maybe Pedro Feliciano the favorite to steal a couple of save opps.

Uh oh. We have our first runaway and the season hasn't even started yet.

Francisco Rodriguez has left the team to attend to attend to a family matter in Venezuela.
He is expected to return in time for Opening Day against the Marlins on Monday. Source: Brian Costa on Twitter Apr. 1 - 11:49 am et

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

MC says he wants a great offense and serviceable 2 step guys all trade period and ends up with a sub par offense and a great staff. ::LMAO::

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

MC says he wants a great offense and serviceable 2 step guys all trade period and ends up with a sub par offense and a great staff. ::LMAO::

Crazy how things how work themselves out.

I still like my offense with Braun, VMart, Miggy, Zobrist, Escobar

tripp

EOG Master

Might as well start him over Nyjer, Snider, or Rajai

why would nyger be in that group?

nyger will be a good #3 of this year most likely, with upside of a #2 of. he won't ever be benched

might start him over snider though since he'll hit leadoff and snider will hit 7 or 8 most likely

mofome

Banned

vd, i took my sp 3 rounds before the of you tried to give me went. and you want me to add another player? lol

mofome

Banned

Brett Anderson: Ace in the Making

by David Golebiewski - March 31, 2010<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --> - <script type="text/javascript">var addthis_config = { services_compact: 'email, facebook, twitter, ballhype, yardbarker, more', services_exclude: 'print'}</script>Share this Article<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js?pub=dkappelman"></script><!-- AddThis Button END -->
In terms of pitching attributes, there’s no better blend for starters than high strikeout totals, few walks and ample ground balls. The hurlers who can miss bats, limit free passes and burn worms reign supreme.
Oakland’s Brett Anderson fits the profile. One of the shiny baubles picked up in the December 2007 Dan Haren deal, Anderson ripped through the minor leagues (9.7 K/9, 1.9 BB/9, 56.5 GB%) and made the A’s out of spring training last season. As a 21 year-old with scarce experience above A-ball, Anderson was arguably one of the top 15 starters in baseball.
In 175.1 innings, Anderson struck out 7.7 batters per nine innings, while walking just 2.31 hitters per nine. He remained a strong groundball pitcher in the show, with a 50.9 GB%. The lefty’s 3.61 xFIP, based on K’s, walks and a normalized home run per fly ball rate, placed 14th among starters.
In terms of stuff, Anderson went from good to great during the course of the season. Take a look at his velocity chart for 2009:

In April, Anderson sat 91 MPH with his fastball, with an 82.7 MPH slider. By the summer, he was averaging 93-94 MPH with a mid-80’s slider. Overall, Anderson’s heater wasn’t a great pitch in 2009 (-0.56 runs per 100 pitches), nor was his changeup (-0.47). However, he featured some of the best breaking stuff in the majors.
Anderson’s slider (tossed nearly a third of the time) was worth +2.51 runs per 100 pitches. In terms of overall runs (wSL), Anderson’s +22.2 topped all big league starters. His high-70’s curveball also rated well, though the sample is small considering that he threw the pitch less than seven percent (+0.25 runs/100).
Trip Somers’ Pitch F/X tool has different pitch classifications (his site classifies most of Anderson’s breaking pitches as curveballs). Whatever you want to call his pitches, Anderson showed exceptional control when he spun a breaking ball. He threw both the slider and curve for a strike 65.1 percent of the time (62.7 percent MLB average for the slider and 58 percent average for the curve).
For 2010, CHONE (3.92 FIP) and ZiPS (3.78 FIP) both project FIPs in the high three’s. The FANS are even giddier, envisioning a 3.48 FIP.
As that fan forecast attests, people are privy to Anderson’s talents. But he still might be a relative value entering the season. According to MockDraftCentral, the 22 year-old is, on average, going 35th among starting pitchers. That’s after regression candidate Jair Jurrjens and health question mark Brandon Webb.
The only thing standing in between Anderson and acedom is health. The A’s were pretty cautious with him in ‘09, limiting Anderson to 94 pitches per start, but his innings total did increase by about 70 from 2008 to 2009 (it’s closer to 40 if you count his pitching for Team USA and a pair of Triple-A playoff starts in ‘08). Given Anderson’s talent and modest ADP, he could be the rare top prospect who’s actually a bargain on draft day.

mofome

Banned

not sure what that offer is rjt, the pitcher you're giving me isnt going to be any better than the best pitcher im giving you.

sob

rjt721

EOG Master

Ridiculous. I'll win by at least 350.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD colSpan=2>Breaksman at Field Of Dreams</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=compare vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2><TD align=middle width="15%" rowSpan=2>
Breaksman
RJT</TD><TD align=middle width="70%" colSpan=2>The EDGE: Breaksman by 342
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2><TD class=edgescore>342</TD><TD align=middle> </TD><TD class=edgescore>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width="15%" rowSpan=2>
Field Of Dreams
jacob tucker and Pete Smith</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

rjt721

EOG Master

Son of a bitch. Penny untouchable in deals.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="276"><tbody><tr align="center" bgcolor="#dedede"> <td align="left" width="130">St. Louis</td> <td width="7%">IP</td> <td width="7%">H</td> <td width="7%">R</td> <td width="7%">ER</td> <td width="7%">BB</td> <td width="7%">SO</td> <td width="7%">HR</td> <td align="right" width="10%">ERA</td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Penny </td> <td>6.0</td> <td>7</td> <td>2</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td align="right">5.40</td></tr></tbody></table>

tripp

EOG Master

cbs projections are silly.

Haren only scoring 4 more pts than Shields? shields going against two good hitting teams, and facing either Sabathia or AJ in one of his starts. Shields highly unlikely to get 2 wins

Haren has pitt and sd at home for his 2 starts. Should be -250 in each of those starts (won't be but those are probably truer odds than we'll see). He'll probably score closer to 60 than 32