Pebble Beach this week...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The oddsmakers make Tiger the favorite (what else is new) at around 5-1....I'm pulling for Tiger to win but I also think that a couple of other golfers will do well including Martin Laird, Rickie Fowler, and possibly Mahan (who loves the layout).....anybody else care to offer opinons?

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Re: Pebble Beach this week...

I don't think he's a head case, he's just not that smart. He does stupid things that other veterans wouldn't do. It helps him and hurts him sometimes...

munson15

I want winners...

I think Watney at 20-1 or more is worth a gander, Dino.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Not sure, Bet. I just looked at Pinnacle's board and I know he plays the course well.

JCROM777

EOG Addicted

Played Tiger at 6-1. Took a rain check on Phil due to his poor play lately.
:pop:

cheapseats

EOG Master

don't like tiger in this situation, think this is just a tune-up for the majors this year, he has not played in this tourney in years and i do not think he has the best personality to be in a pro-am of length as pebble....

munson15

I want winners...

I think they cut the field from 180 to 156 to make it more appealing to Woods. Tail wagging the dog.:blink:Even if false, I don't like him, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

railbird

EOG Master

bet Tiger at +525, has several wins there. Talent at an all time low. I root for Europeans. Hate the PGA.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Tiger is not European.....Talent is at an all time high; the golf courses are just much harder than they used to be...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Anybody who can hit driver off the deck like Railbird can make this game of golf look easy....Rail, you couldn't break 100 playing the same PGA course as these pros....

ajaysdreamplays

EOG Addicted

Unfortunately, I'm limited to 5Dimes online these days, and am not in Vegas right now. I wanted Lefty for the tournament (thinking maybe 30:1), but all I could get was head-to-head matchups which don't really pay that much.

newport2

EOG Dedicated

If Tiger plays 4 rounds, only 2 will be on Pebble. Spyglass is one of the hardest courses I have ever played, and I played it in the days of persimmon and balata golf balls.:shoot:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

68 at SpyGlass very good for Tiger...only missed a couple of fairways....Johnson and Mahan playing well....

railbird

EOG Master

Woods made six birdies and two bogeys for a 4-under 68 and a share of 15th place, five shots off the lead. Romo, who does not get any strokes because he is a scratch golfer, made pars on the two holes Woods bogeyed (Nos. 13 and 4) and birdied the par-5 14th with a little advice from Woods, who helped with the read on the birdie putt.

That put the pair at 7 under as a team, good for 25th place.

PonyOne

EOG Enthusiast

Romo definately getting his share of quality time with Tiger--I heard it took close to 6 hours to play their round! When is TV going to have the "balls" to get this slow play issue addressed? I know this tourney has its 2 Am's with 2 Pro's, but when it is just Tiger and the boys it takes 5 hours + for threesomes to finish. TV money has to have the loudest voice--get'r done!

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

PnyOne is right...slow play is a major problem....Finchem has to address this problem in the future...

J

joeybagadonuts

The pace at the ATT has always been slow. I've attended the event many times and the atmosphere is more fun, take your time, make some jokes with the crowd than a normal tour event, as expected. Shit, I remember walking the course watching Aaron Olberhoser, who I knew from playing against him in Junior Golf, when he won it and it took easy 5+ hours.

newport2

EOG Dedicated

I won't judge Tiger in this event by his score, but by his ball striking. So far it is spot on. GIR t-6 Driving Accuracy t-6 Driving Distance 19. I wish there would be one windy round at Pebble this weekend.