Who here has been sued by a credit card company?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Re: Who here has been sued by a credit card company?

turns out sbr and eog is wrong, not sure who all is familiar with my case, but the advice i got was horrific.

I tried to tell people you can go to jail for non payment to CC companies. They won judgement against me before but i had nothing to pay and it got thrown out or something, really have no idea, so they motioned again and now i owe
4,302.72 cents plus interest in the sum of 213.13 cents through dec 12 2011,
plus interest at the rate of 8 percent annum until paid.

i do not make the payment to the people that bought the CC account. I pay the court.

The money i pay goes to the court and i have to pay like 200 a month within 30 days or i will get arrested. Just talked to the judge at the gym, talked to sherrif's department and its been verified that this is what happens.

Non CC payments where i live in ky is exactly the same as writing cold checks.

This was like 3,400 when i got summoned. I guess with interest this could end up over 6 k in time.
Sounds like you need to come up with the 4 grand and get it over with. Why dont you do that, instead of bitching here?

Not sure if you're aware of it, but there are things called "jobs", where you will get paid money in return for your services. Give it a try.

J

joeybagadonuts

I'm trying to figure out the laws of your state. I'm in Calif. and work for an attorney service.

What they originally served you was a complaint or summons and complaint. In our state you get 30 days to answer. I believe you said you answered the complaint, but didn't serve the opposing attorneys with your answer. If it's still under the 30 day period, or whatever your state requires, make a copy of your answer and also fill out a Proof of Service form and serve the law firm that is suing you. That will make everything legit.

They then will probably send you Form Interogetories which asks you every question in the book. If you don't fill out these forms, they will file for a default and try to throw out your answer.

By the way, if your state is like Calif., you don't have to pay to have the law firm served. Anyone 18 years of age or older can serve them for you, like a friend or relative.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I will now and see if I can help you out a little more.

I didn't realize this thread was so old. But this might help someone else who winds up in the same boat.

Doing some work at my dad's company the last few weeks for a legal matter and holy fuck are Form Interagatories annoying. The scumbag lawyer who writes them will ask the same question 6 different ways and you have no choice but to answer or risk sanctions in court.

:doh1

You're dying on this.

If you don't have the money, you don't have the money. I've had judgements against people for non payment of rent. They didn't have the money so it was useless to even do it.

Unless you commit some sort of credit card fraud, you haven't committed a crime.

And even then, in the world we live in now, Lindsay Lohan is out in 30 minutes. MS-13 gang members are sent back to El Salvador all expenses paid. We just don't have the room for them.

I don't think the legal system does that in order to make room for 4K credit card delinquencies.

good grief, already did that 30 day thing hoss

They already won judgement once, i never responded, so the 2nd time they put in motion and won again, but this time i have to pay the court, not the cc lawyers that sued me.

Ps; i never went to court, ive never had a court date

i have 200 bucks in freeplays, give me some winners

I am 0 -237 in parlays. If you were to fade my picks you could make thousands. Im always last place in contests and never pick a winner ever.

in fact, in a contest, i am 0 -9 today

Herbie

EOG Addicted

Please post a copy of the letter that says you have to pay your judgement or you go to jail... :LMAO

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

This dude is trolling for attention - last time I checked we didnt have debtors prisons in the US - barring a scam to the IRS or child support

J

joeybagadonuts

All that is going to happen is that his wages will be garnished (if he ever gets a job)