Who here has been sued by a credit card company?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Who here has been sued by a credit card company?

Bad thing about my court is , its like the casey anthony or OJ case, its always packed with nozy people and they will even post on facebook , twitter than im in court and being sued. I know that sounds funny but it true. The second im seen in court. I will be seen by others right? It will be posted on twitter and facebook

No offense, but no one will give a shit.

dogball

EOG Master

Tt

Undiagnosed broken ? Huh

Dont be so down on yourself ie ougly and car would break down. Change your attitude. Fake it if you must. And trust us they will settle it, they purchased it for a b.ig discount and expect to settle. You were paying sixty a month, clean toilets if you must for a hundred a month

WVU

EOG Master

I was paying 60 a month and it was only going down about 15 a month because of the high interest and not being able to pay and being late a few times.

your new interest rate is going to be 12% if they win the suit. Not all that bad.

yeh it already says 12 percent on it, not a bad deal???

So 3,500 and 12 percent interest when i dont have a dime to pay????

Tuckman

Uh Poster

how about just getting off your lazy ass and find a job, you can go on vaca and sit in a chair for 10 hours a day and post, you can go out and get a part time job for 4 hours or so a day..

tuck i guess you don't know my story

Who would hire me???

Plus i can't and not what this post is about

Plus no part time jobs here that will hire a 350 pound 38 year old

ps: never had a day in my life we're ive eaten over 4 k calories in 1 day, stuff happens

Also broken hip

How could a 350 lb man even walk with a broken hip ?

don't know man, the whole thing isn't broke,

I can also do cartwheels, run a 4.9 40 and and incline 500 pounds, but big deal

Tuckman

Uh Poster

You havent had a job for 5 years, the hip is just an excuse now, it hasnt been "broken" for half a decade..Get off your ass and get out there, work a drive thru if you have to at mcd's..

mr merlin

EOG Master

Show up in court, tell them you're broke, how hard is that?

Heim

EOG Master

yes i was summoned by the sheriffs office at my house at the door. Not sure what you mean, what more do you need to know?

Im being sued by attorneys for discover card that bought my account. Lloyd and mcdaniel, louisville, ky. They are about 2 hours away.

its for 3,500

I already had a summons about 3 weeks ago and said i needed to file a defense in clerks office or i would lose by default. I already did this 2 weeks ago. Just stunned this is happening so quick after my written defense. i never even got a chance to send it to the plaintiff attorneys.

No i never talked to the current attorneys sueing me. Ive given up , it was sold so many times i lost count and got tired of it. I did call them twice today but no answer. I hear stories of people settling for pennies on the dollar but they won't settle.

No i have no income and i own nothing. No idea what to do or to expect.

What are you worried about?.......you're judgement proof. I wouldn't have wasted time even filing an answer. What ever the amount you do not have the ability to pay. You'll get dinged on your FICO and that is about it The judgement is good for 10 years however they will continually have to do skip traces to find assets which is not cost effective for $3500.

What are you worried about?.......you're judgement proof. I wouldn't have wasted time even filing an answer. What ever the amount you do not have the ability to pay. You'll get dinged on your FICO and that is about it The judgement is good for 10 years however they will continually have to do skip traces to find assets which is not cost effective for $3500.

Even if he had some decent assets a chapter 7 bankruptcy would discharge the unsecured debts like CC's and medical bills, you could probably protect 100k or more in equity assets ( like a home) if you had anything much. If he gets something going he can always do the Chap 7. These creditors will drop this....hell offer $100 as payment in full.

This tt guy might be just trolling for attention....for whatever reason.....maybe to scam somebody on the Dell deal.....send me the $1400 first and I'll max out my credit ? Very fishy, IMO !

no on the foodstamps and welfare thing

No im not stupid and the advice here, some good is also confusing, since on various forums Ive gotten suppovely great answers yet they all say something different and counter what the other person is saying.

Maybe I should just kill someone and get off free and pose for playgirl huh. They probaly spend 5 k just on phone calls, mail , other fees just for this

Well if all is as you say then FS, Welfare, Section 8 housing, disability, etc. is what you left with....

update:
i called the attorneys and guess what? they would not settle and they are going after the whole ammount.

They pretty much said i needed to change my lifestyle and get a job and pay them back and they also said it would continue to grow every year the amount that i owe. I said i had sick relatives that i take care of and that i need to stop and have someone else do it or have them pay the money i owe them.

Hell Id get arrested right now if i left the house. My sister is in the other room, disabled and has to have a guardian 24 hours a day. My grandparents also whe i watch them about 20 hours a week.

The 20 bucks they give me just won't add up to 3,500

Can't believe they are actually going to drive 3 hours here, show up in court and demand the whole ammount. They also said the judge won't throw it out and will give them the full amount if not more

Credit card debt is unsecured debt. Credit card companies can't foreclose on nothing. They take a risk on people paying them back, but then may charge 27% interest in a 0% interest rate market to cover the deliquencies.

Law enforcement is not in the debt collection business. There are no debtors' prisons in the US.

You don't pay your credit card bills, the Sheriff won't care. You miss court appearances, he will care.

I'm amazed that there is actually a law firm/collection agency pursuing a $3500 delinquency. Are there no ambulances left to chase?

If you don't have the money, you don't have it. Loan gone bad. End of story.

I'm with Jeff on this one, a judgment is worth nothing if the guy can't pay anything....it becomes akin to trying to suing a deer you had a collision with for damages to your car.

A collection agency will pursue amounts under $100 at times, though. I signed up for home delivery of the Hartford Courant for like $1 / week for 6 months and pre-paid it, clearly told them several times to stop after the six months, they went about 2 months past that ( at full price), I refused to pay, it was sent to a collection agency. I never paid, it doesn't show on my credit reports.

Go to court if summoned, but even if you don't a FTA won't get a deputy hunting you ( unless it were a felony charge), they will wait until they run your ID for warrants some day.

This guy is trying to sell a computer for cash first, IMO. I say Scammer.

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

Don't go to court.

There will then be a judgement filed against you. If you have nothing, so what. Every state is different, but in X amount of years, the judgement will be worthless.

Don't go to court.

There will then be a judgement filed against you. If you have nothing, so what. Every state is different, but in X amount of years, the judgement will be worthless.

Horrible advice ! If summoned you appear otherwise a bench warrant will be issued for your arrest.

Your Honor, I have no money and can't pay.....is the way to go !

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Credit card debt is unsecured debt. Credit card companies can't foreclose on nothing. They take a risk on people paying them back, but then may charge 27% interest in a 0% interest rate market to cover the deliquencies.

Law enforcement is not in the debt collection business. There are no debtors' prisons in the US.

You don't pay your credit card bills, the Sheriff won't care. You miss court appearances, he will care.

I'm amazed that there is actually a law firm/collection agency pursuing a $3500 delinquency. Are there no ambulances left to chase?

If you don't have the money, you don't have it. Loan gone bad. End of story.

well said mr jones

This isn't jury duty where they mailed you a notice you can claim was never received.

If the deputy served you or you signed for certified/ registered mail, then appear.

Maybe jail ain't so bad for this guy as an option ? Perhaps the healthcare is better there ?

mr merlin

EOG Master

This isn't jury duty where they mailed you a notice you can claim was never received.

If the deputy served you or you signed for certified/ registered mail, then appear.

Maybe jail ain't so bad for this guy as an option ? Perhaps the healthcare is better there ?
It has to be a civil suit, not a criminal one, if you no show at a civil hearing, you lose - thats it. If it's criminal(such as credit card fraud) then there's alot more here than he said, of course he has to show up then.

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

This is a CIVIL case, not criminal. NO bench warrant will be issued. You will automatically lose the suit, by not showing up at court and a judgement for the $ amount will be placed on you. In X amount of years the Law firm winning the judgement can wipe their ass with the paper it's written on. This is NOT a lifetime sentence, plus, no crime has been committed. Bottom of the barrel Law firms do collection work.

By not going to court on what grounds will they arrest you?

OK then, I said I was an amateur attorney, up front....

If the guy has nothing (as claimed) then a judgment against him is pretty worthless as well.

I'd appear if it were me, then maybe get directed to some social worker types that might be able to help me....

lets say they win judgement, who is the person that will check each week, month or year to see if i have money in my bank account, working, getting money, etc

Damn attorney has a facebook page and wearing a bikini, maybe i should add her as a friend:+textinb3

ok stupid question here i guess

ive done google searches and Ive yet to find one person that has settled for pennies on the dollar . I hear stories of people settling for pennies, i assume they mean like 80 cents on the dollar????

also If they win judgement and i have nothing to pay and they get 12 percent interest and ten years from now i win a million dollars, hell they would get it all. I doubt i will be working until my sick relatives die which could be 1 day to 15 years , who knows. I just hope to be alive in ten years myself. Actually hope they outlive me and live to be old and healthier.

mr merlin

EOG Master

ive done google searches and Ive yet to find one person that has settled for pennies on the dollar . I hear stories of people settling for pennies, i assume they mean like 80 cents on the dollar????

also If they win judgement and i have nothing to pay and they get 12 percent interest and ten years from now i win a million dollars, hell they would get it all. I doubt i will be working until my sick relatives die which could be 1 day to 15 years , who knows. I just hope to be alive in ten years myself. Actually hope they outlive me and live to be old and healthier.
Ask yourself if it's likely you'll turn your life around, get a job, own property, have some money, 5 or 10 years from now? If you think you will, you can worry a little bit. But if your likely to continue to be a broken down, unemployed bum, who owes more money than you can pay...then stop worrying. And by the way, if you win a million bucks ten years from now...pay everyone you stiffed and you can sleep well.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy would clear all unsecured debts , but maybe cost 1-2 k if you lawyer up...and you gotta pay them cash....no lawyer wants your IOU, chump !

Story sounds bogus to me....no blood out of a stone theory. You have to own something to place a lien against ( home).

What is a judgment against you worth ?...I'm thinking close to zero ?

Ask yourself if it's likely you'll turn your life around, get a job, own property, have some money, 5 or 10 years from now? If you think you will, you can worry a little bit. But if your likely to continue to be a broken down, unemployed bum, who owes more money than you can pay...then stop worrying. And by the way, if you win a million bucks ten years from now...pay everyone you stiffed and you can sleep well.

win the lottery or inherit 10 million....I think that is more like 6 months ?

Then the statue ( sic) of limitations might become effective ?

yeh im making this all up , roll eyes

No bankrupcty, sorry

plus like i said, if i had the money , id pay it all in full tommorrow, so if i get money later, could care less if they garnish any wage but how would they know im getting wages if its lets say a cash job

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

If u don't have money and u have no real defense to the suit (like someone else made the charges) then there is no need to go to court - just let them get a default judgment against u - the creditor is going to do nothing once they obtain the judgment - after a period of years the judgment dies (usually 7 or 10 years) - u have nothing for them to levy on plus that is not there business - theyre r just hoping someday u will be in a different situation and will want to settle with them - but u will always be able to settle for like 1500 in several years from now - but the judgment will be like bad credit and they r going to record it in the county in which u live and u will not be able to purchase a home or real estate (with title insurance) until u get a satisfaction

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

They r not going to garnish ur wages - they r going to do nothing

well i always thought that kind of stuff is overrated, if you need to buy anything, a wife,girlfriend, mom, aunt, uncle, cousin or whoever can buy you what u need. Eog and poker is all i need:+textinb3

So if there is ever a court date, do they have to show up. Ive been told 5 yes and 5 no so far. What is the difference in being summoned with something to put in a written defense and a summons with a court date?

Some chick 3 hours away driving here to sue one person with money they won't get just seems weird to me.

Ive even heard if the court says i have to pay and i don't, then it will become criminal and not civil

Last edited:

So if there is ever a court date, do they have to show up. Ive been told 5 yes and 5 no so far. What is the difference in being summoned with something to put in a written defense and a summons with a court date?

Some chick 3 hours away driving here to sue one person with money they won't get just seems weird to me.

Ive even heard if the court says i have to pay and i don't, then it will become criminal and not civil

It doesn't matter if you show up or not because you will lose either way. You owe the money.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

I'm an attorney - this is a civil matter - if u show up they r gonna get a judgment against u as u have no defense andif u don't show they r gonna get a default judgment against u - u can go if ud like but thereis no need to

i understand i will owe , but what if i never have any money ever as far as work money or assets/

Someone give me a 5 buck parlay on here and wouldn't be talking about this

i understand i will owe , but what if i never have any money ever as far as work money or assets/

Someone give me a 5 buck parlay on here and wouldn't be talking about this

Then you are a loser. Get a job and spend less than you make. This is the key to building wealth (or getting out of debt). Stop making excuses and expecting the government (or someone else) to take care of you.