My NBA playoff thread, round #2...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
This record is since my Return of the FROG. It is all here, posted in 3 threads. First is end of regular season, 2nd is NBA Playoffs. They are very easy to find, just look back on the NBA Forum pages for threads with several thousand hits. I have not had the May that April was, but that was probably impossible to do. Still, the threads have been bigtime earners. I am not really into selling myself, I guess I could, but review the threads and judge for yourself. I also float a few plays, winners also that I do not include for the record. Props and 2H's when we are already on the game. Those have been gold also. There must be some reason I have injected life into the NBA forum. I doubt it is my clever wit. Either way, a very legit question I have no problem answering.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Yes Ivan, there will be. I would say later than sooner. I desire the best number. If it moves with me, I will get it and let you know, against, wait. Right now it is stationary. Sorry about the Spurs $L. I warned anyone who would listen I thought Cuban had the zebra factor. Been following that Shaq prop?

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast
O.F. number now at 193 would you still advise to play this over at that number for 2 units???

Great run here in the playoffs a nd thanks for the posts and information...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Actually there is 194 here and there. If you look back at this thread I was in similar circumstance with game #3. It jumped up from 185 to 188. I told everyone it would be a disservice if I got them involved at that juncture. Those kind of thoughts do not vary game to game. I got us on early so would not be sittin at the dock of the bay. You cannot turn the ship around and get what you missed. How much is that extra couple of points worth? Look at the dropdown at Pinny? We could scalp out already. My point is you cannot reclaim lost value. If I had not come out early to buy this, I would not say get it now. There is a big difference from me saying, if I had to play it now, I would stick with the over. But to price that number vs. my buy number, or to take a late number steamed our way, that is not a something I advocate. I hope that sheds some light on your question. You might even have more value at the half then an adjusted game number. Good question, thanks.

Cliff notes. No, I might play 1 unit only, if I had to play it.

The previous post.

OMNIVOROUS FROG
NBA FROG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sort of screwed on this Dallas game because line is up from 183, 185 to 188, 189 and climbing. I did not advise getting it on overnights so here we sit, with a ton of value bled out. I would be doing you a major disservice getting you involved with it now, especially if it dropped 186 or 187. Side is good number with 4. Will keep an eye at the half for better opportunity. This ship sailed with us standing at the dock daydreaming. Sitting at the dock of the bay. Oh well, Go Cavs. Outright without Hughes. Laying points on the road late in the playoffs is about as low % of play over the years as there is. There are no teams bad enough to be getting points at home with 8 teams left. Check back at the half.

Best Wishes...OF

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Cleveland +11 (1 unit) Get lowest juice.

I personally went for 11 1/2 drop at Pinny. Motown supposedly is going to crush this upstart Cav squad at home. But all of a sudden things do not look so easy. A big concern is Motown watching it's fg% drop steadily, since game #1 miracle shooting night. Was that a fluke? 10 for 11 1H from the arc sure was. But change of venue might not exactly cure the Pistons woes. They shot 51% game 1. But next game at home it dropped to 41%, and they did not cover, in fact they were only up by 5 last minute. Next game in Cleve, 39%, last game, 33%. So they started at 51% and now are at 33%. Can you say offensive production dropoff? There are many reasons for that, but one subtle adjust was closing out on jump shooters. Since that move Motown has been steadily getting worse. Another first for this Motown bunch, losing 3 straight ATS. Maybe newest first, getting outplayed badly last 3 4Q's. That is money time. They just don't do that in the post season. And the two in Cleve were not close to the number. The first two games in Motown, sure the 11 looked good. But now, I think it is high. Very high. They are counting on homecourt to get another 15 points out of Detroit. I just do not see that. So many ways for the Cavs to cover, and this is not a closeout game now. With a new balanced 3 game series, this should end up with a couple close games.

Holding tight on Dal over.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Most likely. Got a lot going on with Spur game so will workem all tonite. I will chime in no matter what. Hopefully you got down good on Spur total.

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
I got on the Spur total late at 93. I hope it doesn't matter. I was sitting by the dock of the bay on that one.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Quick steam on Motown out of gate but just looking over the stats, and watching the game, they are gettin totally outplayed. I mean everywhere. Blocks, steals, boards, every kind, fg% from the arc, the line, and now Motown is going to win the 2H by 9 1/2? Maybe if Lebron stays in the locker room. This Cav team no longer resembles a 11 point dog. The total is about right. The side is betting on the come. And that is needing a double digit win 2H. That is a tall order. Motown would be thrilled just to win by 1.

Best wishes...OF :smokesmal

I am holding tight, circling the prey.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Hitman26 said:
I got on the Spur total late at 93. I hope it doesn't matter. I was sitting by the dock of the bay on that one.

I thought a hitman had to be a quick draw. I think Old Man Ted would outdraw you in a gunfight. Seeing 194 1/2, so you are not Tofu late, just not on top of it. This was a decent call. I got a over 190 on this, anybody top that?

PS: It appears late money is also over. We could see 195.

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Yeah Teddy would have shot me down on that one. Normally I'm way ahead of the curve but I was picking my nose on this one.

Like I said I hope it doesn't bite me.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
OK we are keeping this for an over. I myself bought un 195 -.10 but kept over 2 units rolling. Just see Spurs scoring even more at home with friendlier zebras. Mavs will get some calls, but probably not game winners this game. If starting lineups are small, I like this a lot. If both teams stay small, we should cash. The difference between this game and last, we had 2 units ov 190 and it went to 191 then dropped to 189, presenting more value, and a press. This time we have 191 1/2 to 194. No press and for me takeback is the way. Just nobody going to put those nuts on the block under here. So I bought extra on the hope of a move. Speculation at it's finest. Probably just wasting juice but if it goes ov 195, I will be very happy. Just a tad happier 194, 193, 192. But that is what I am supposed to do. What do I think? Blows over again. Neither guard for either team is guarding anyone. These guard tandems are just driving and scoring all game long. Both coaches know, outscore to win.

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran
Frog nice call on the Cavs +11, I way away from my pc, so I missed out on that bet, damn it! But already have the over in spurs/mavs game, hope that wins. I'll check back at halftime...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Ladies and Gentlemen, don't be alarmed but I can't be thrilled about this.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post231825 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"> 05-17-06, 09:13 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right> #1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>Kodiak7<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_231825", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Member

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_231825><!-- icon and title --> *NBA PLAYS OF THE DAY*
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->15 games over .500... coming off a 4-0 night....

POD'S:
Detroit -11
Det. -6 1st 1/2
Det. over 179
SA over 193

ENJOY!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am hoping he just stole my picnic basket at an inflated price instead of coming up with it like the first 3. Am I paranoid here?

Best wishes...OF :rolleyes:

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, don't be alarmed but I can't be thrilled about this.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post231825 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"> 05-17-06, 09:13 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>Kodiak7<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_231825", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Member

[URL="http://www.eog.com/forums/image.php?u=760&dateline=1128181128"][/URL]

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_231825><!-- icon and title --> *NBA PLAYS OF THE DAY*
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->15 games over .500... coming off a 4-0 night....

POD'S:
Detroit -11
Det. -6 1st 1/2
Det. over 179
SA over 193

ENJOY!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am hoping he just stole my picnic basket at an inflated price instead of coming up with it like the first 3. Am I paranoid here?

Best wishes...OF :rolleyes:

He`s bound to hit 1 tonite ,i`snt he? :+clueless

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
<TABLE class=sitelinks id=sitelinks><TBODY><TR><TD rowSpan=2> ... because you're comfortable with the best. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Guess we did not need the 11 points. Venue changed, play did not. Am I suprised, hell no, that is what I said could happen. What a very stupid line. What was Motown's biggest lead? They were never, I repeat never close to covering. I forgot the money line, oops. Motown covered nothing. Not the money line, first half, second half, 3Q or 4Q, 1Q. Not sure about 2nd. That was too easy, and another Barca at ATSMOV 13, outright, alright. One more over, come on FROGGY.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
You know I could be bold and throw that 2H ov 98 out there. It probably will cash, but we sure are sittin pretty with a 114 1H. What do we need to cash? 79 for the slow pokes? I think we can get that. If you want my opinion, yes, the 2H will also go over. But tracking wise I am yet sticking with another, so if you want, bet it again.

Best Wishes...:cheers

ps: well it was 98. Now 100

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
<TABLE class=body750 cellSpacing=10><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 300px" vAlign=top align=middle>
Armored Car

102-00689 Unlisted Images Clip Art Royalty Free Photograph</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Beep. Beep. Beep. That is the FROG Brinks backing up for my Spurs over. We have just abused this total. I feel sort of bad that it went from 190 to 195 1/2. Whew, all better now. Did not hurt my feelings landing 195 either. Hard to describe the day I had today, as the 2-0 +3.0 units just does not do it justice. Oh well, worked for me.

Cigar, fine, fine wine, jacuzzi and a massage.

Could someone possibly visit the dump and look for a sludge pond with a turd floating in it named Raiders. He might appreciate the update since he is tracking me there. I would but my thin FROG skin is sensitive to toxic wastes.

Updated record: 35-19-4 64.8% (+21.0 units)

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran
MAD PROPS TO THE FROG MAN! LET US KNOW ANY PLAYS EARLY ON THURSDAY SO WE CAN GET IN TOO. WAY TO GO OMNI FROG!
:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2:+thumbs-2

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Hitman26 said:
Thanks again for yet another past posted winner Froggy.

Damn this 1999 Trockenberenauslese is sweet. Qualitatswien Mit Pradikat. Yes past posted 2 days ahead of time, steam chasing, in front of the steam, and stale number, except it was across the board when I posted it. Think I hit the triple here. You know what hit, when I reflect on this, winning sure is fun.

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran
Winning is sure fun, nice call Froggie. Please let us know Thursday winners early as I will be away in the afternoon and would like to get on the play ASAP.

Your the best!

#1 Frog fan,

Ivan :surprised: :+thumbs-2

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Sorry about the armored car photo, it said free. Try to be a bit more selective. But the photos entertain me. One game tonight, guess that is what I have to look at. And it is a toughie. These numbers are tight. No gimmes like last night. Every game from here on out is an elimination game for someone. Changes a lot of factors. I can look at the remaining 3 series and think, any of the teams can win. Biggest monster surprise of course is Cavs. What was the adjusted series price on them after going down 0-2? They opened 33-1. Unreal, and they are still dogs to win that series, but a small +1.80. The hedge opportunities would have been awesome. Pretty tough betting a 11 point dog to win one on the road. But like I said, these guys are even, the Spurs/Mavs are even, with a zebra assist. Suns/Clips, even. Laying points has been tough, as only luckout in OT faves are covering. Almost time to order my Lebron jersey. I will cap this one best I can.

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran
Frog let me know of any plays, preferbly within the next 4 hrs if you can...lol wont be able to access pc till gametime...thanks

hope we get another winnier tonight..

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I can't do that Ivan. It does not work that way. I have to patiently wait. I have a play, but if I jump too soon I may not get the best number. My only advice is checkback 15 minutes to post. If something breaks earlier I will post it. Sorry I can't lay golden eggs on command or a schedule.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Cleveland +5 1/2 (2 units) Jazz, Pinny, Oly.

Missed the 6 watching it vanish. Popped up so was the right thing to do watch but takeback immediate, so back with 5 1/2 opener. Now Motown has finally realized talking will not win this series. But it may be too late. They do not have Lebron. They are not at home, and the Cleveland fans have been terrific. Just looks like these teams are now even, with the 4Q's belonging to King James, not Motown. Interesting to witness an odds on fave to win it all meltdown. I would say my passing of the torch scenerio may have got here a bit sooner than anticipated. I also feel they have a legit shot to close it out here. The only thing that has this line where it has been last 4 games is rep. It is about 7 or 8 points off. And Cleve has won 4 straight ATS. But the line just sits, waiting for that Motown turnaround. 11 first 3 in Motown, 5 1/2 or 6 in Cleveland. Zero adjusts. But as far as where it should be after these 5 games played, you tell me. Fine, I will take the home dog, again. Cleveland just excels at winning the close ones, a big, as in huge factor in the playoffs. Without the zebras assist, see Dallas. They are doing it legit. Plus, they have some incredible 18-2 record in games decided by 2 or less, last 20. Is that the stat? Coach Brown, the one still in the playoffs has done an outstanding job with adjusts, end of game calls and plays. You do not win close games by accident. I have upgraded him to playoff coach in his first run. Sure it helps to have a Lebron, but a bad coach can ruin the best players. We are buying this as I post, so do not expect it to be around long.