My NBA playoff thread, round #2...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
It is hard to believe how much I hate fuckin losing. Zero posts anywhere except the capping forums, all business today. I was doubly motivated after my worst day in the playoffs. I got that 2H post here as fast as I could. I even got a 95 1/2, but saw 97. Just a shitload of indicators for the 2H over, that was why 2 units, first one so far. I will update that record someday. Movie marathon with wife and kids tonight.

Cigar, shiraz, jacuzzi and a massage.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

joelatti

AWESOME job Frog, but said to say I was out all day and missed BOTH...I will not miss them again...GL to you on Sunday

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Oh no, Joe. Say it ain't so. That was dedicated to you. I even preannounced the plays so people could be ready. Two Barcas. Not really, as both looked shaky and then closed with monster finishes. But +4 1/2 winning by 9, ATSMOV 13 1/2. 2H ATSMOV 10, which is solid for a half. All that counts for, well, nothing, but my record to be updated, which I will next post. My personal highlight was Lebron giving us a glimpse of the future. Accomplishment wise he has not won squat, but man can he ball. He just shredded the best D in the league, and got a triple double. I still think Timmy is the best overall player, especially fundamentals. But Lebron is still wet behind the years. Like his wine colored jersey, he will age very well. He needs a Pippen and they will go very far, and make the Cavs a title contender, battling Motown for years. No others need apply. Heat will be nothing but a Wade solo act when Shaq finally runs out of steam. Indy, a failed experiment, see Heat. Nets, an unreliable superstar on his least legs with a slower pg on his last legs. So watch this Cav/Motown series close. It is the future.

Ironically the team Mike had to finally overcome to get to the promised land, yes the bad boy Motowners.

joelatti

Well Frog, you know what they say about the early bird LOL....BUT I won't miss a game again...that's for sure...GL today

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
New Jersey un 189 (1 unit) Pinny drop, Grande, Carib, Sportbet

Going here again as I still think this is more under than over. My numbers are closer to 184-5. Got burned by bad 1Q, Walker being a factor, and brutal foul and score at end, as the game looked like an under even with the disaster 1H. This series is the closest of the big three that were all sporting 187's. The Cavs are now adjusted down to 183, I figured that would be the lowest scoring of the bunch. The Spurs is up to 190 1/2, that figured to be the over series as Spurs defense is getting torched two series in a row. The Net/Heat have just about stayed in the same range, 187-189. Two of the games could have swung either way. If Nets don't play better defense early, we could see same ugly over. But I have a feeling, don't cancel that bet, you will see a more dedicated effoert towards team D and more iso's with RJ instead of one man show Vince. Krstic has vanished, lost his confidence. He is bypassing shots he normally made last series and regular season. I guess a career average player can only play above average for so long. They should also try to get Kidd off of Wade, that does not work, and will let the Heat win this series, especially at crunchtime, when Wade takes over. I should checkin at the half.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Dallas over 190 (2 units) Pinny drop, Grande

Probably end up getting 190 1/2 but take it. Poor Timmy is just getting abused on the defensive end. Kings exposed him, Avery just following the lead. Both teams parade to the ft line with Cuban in attendance. Especially golden boy Dirk. These two are evenly matched, and have disposed of the pleasantries. Now they score and score. Kings lit them up, but mugged them at home. Dallas can run right through them at home. With Avery knowing the Spurs system like it was his own, he knows what to exploit. The Spurs weak interior D. Even Timmy is getting torched. And he is the beast of burden at the offensive end also. But with Horry, Muhammed and token white stiff sharing post duties they have a trio of guys who scare no one. Sure Bowen WWF's his man, but Gino and TP not exactly defensive stalwarts either. So Timmy is shouldering a huge load, and just is not all there with the plantar.

Cuban is easily the most visible of the NBA owners. Sometimes he bothers the good King David. David takes away Cuban's coin purse, and Cuban matches that with another coin purse to charity. And it is some serious coin. But make no mistake, the King has a pair of bobbleheads in his throne room. One is of King David, the other, about twice the size of the King is Cuban's. I am not kidding. They go back and forth, the officials are incompetent, couldn't manage a dairy queen, I think that was the head of officiating. Cuban says some pretty funny stuff. The King grumbles, but loves the exposure his kingdom gets.

Where does all of this go? It was by no coincedence the game winning points were made at the stripe. In fact, ft's were shot all game long. Pretty soon, the style of the game is dictated by overofficiating, the opposite of Motown let them play. The more whistles, the more ft's, the more clock stops, the more scoring from softer d. When it gets rolling, it is hard to stop. Add to that these teams know each other very well, and only have so many gimmicks. Very close games, chances of ot, foul and shoot ends. This series has evolved into a outscore the other team, defense is an afterthought. Both offenses extremely effective, and fairly balanced with Dirk and Timmy focal points. I have seen this too many times now. The Spurs have a defensive rep, but the reality is they are not very good defensively. Not even personel wise. Barry, Finley, Nick, Beno? And either 2 of three pretend centers. What these teams have is scoring bunches, or bursts. They could have an entire dead Q. Like the 3Q 41. But then they get 30 in the next 5 min. Also, end game in Dallas, completely different than San Antone. Spurs get physical and bumpy there, get abused on road. Between ft's, layups and slams, they give up more easy points than any Spur team I can remember. At least Timmy/Pop era. This was especially evident 4Q last game. Even though this total has flew all over everywhere, I still think it is an over here. I did not feel like sitting at the dock of the bay again.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Miami has now scored 27 points in every 1H Q in New Jersey. Supposedly the home team is to play better defense at home, well it ain't happening here. Couple late 3's sure did not help. Nets just cannot stop the Heat anymore. There must be no adjustments left as this is the same old story. They actually look weaker than game #3. May have repeated a bad play here, but will just hold tight and pray again.

Best Wishes...OF :smokesmal

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Unreal, carbon copy of game #3. Almost exact duplicate. Nets still fouling away down by 8, 10 does not matter. 1 point off exact score, so much for adjustments, or different refs. They could play 10 games and 8 would result just like this. Nets just have no answer for Wade. If I have one snakebit team in the playoffs, it is the Nets. Well, that will soon end. Next.

Best wishes...OF :+clueless

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran
Ok Froggie

Got the Over 190.5 this time, couldnt find any 190s out there..

Anyways best of luck to us....
<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 650pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="866"><col style="width: 336pt;" width="448"><col> <tbody><tr><td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 336pt;" height="17" width="448">San Antonio Spurs @ Dallas Mavericks
</td> <td class="xl25" style="width: 83pt;" x:num="550" width="110">$550.00
</td> <td class="xl24" style="width: 231pt;" width="308">Over 190.5 (-110)
</td> </tr></tbody><col style="width: 83pt;" width="110"><col style="width: 231pt;" width="308"><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"></tr></table>

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
That is a good thing Ivan. I was able to get 189. Spurs have no answer for super sleeper Devin Harris. Pairing him with Terry, a two pg attack is deadly. He did absolutely nothing end of season and playoffs except last two games. Now he just drives by Mr. Longoria like Tony was unable to get in front. Defense breaks down, layup, slam and ft's. Just opens up Terry's game as Barry can't stop him either. You have Howard waiting in the wings and Dirk ready to get fouled. Neither team even playing a center, and you can't stop Timmy without a big man. Needless to say he is unstoppable also. Maybe I am dead wrong here, but these teams seem evenly matched, and both have very high % offenses. Both teams operate near the rim. Does Dallas even shoot treys anymore? Why, when they get so many and one's, old fashioned three point play. Gimme a couple big Q's and a tight end game. They did not even foul at end of last game due to 1 pt game. When they did foul both were missed, so we can only improve there.

Best Wishes...OF

Jack Straw

EOG Member
OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
Dallas ov 189 1/2 (1 unit) pressing to 3.

Really like this one.

frog
only have 2 units on over for game missed this post
do you recommend a unit for 2nd half over?

thanks

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
2H number climbing fast, oops, another scorefest. But we are stacked with 3 units, so we are sitting pretty. Nice close game and need 85 2H, I suppose you could hedge 1 unit, that is personal taste. But for this thread, I am sticking to my guns. Everyone that bet it from 191 down to 189, thank you. I am circling the prey.

Best wishes...oF :cheers :smokesmal

Jack, no, then you need a 203, it has moved from 95 1/2 to 98. But I loaded up in front this tiem. I cannot advocate another hit, but if I had no play, I would over again 2H. Just hold the 2 units.

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran
I also took 1H over, so I am looking good..

Have a bet on Spurs moneyline game....maybe that will win to with the over....:+clueless

Frog,

DO YOU HAVE ANY EARLY LEANS ON THE GAMES FOR TOMMORROW?

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran
Wow great call Frog! Its currently 96-96 w/ 6:13 left... easy money! The 1Q didnt look good, but after that it was smooth sailing! Mad Props for your 3 Unit winner!

Also, any leans towards Tuesday's card. Won't be around gametime tommorrow, don't want to miss any of Frogs money plays..

:+textinbo :+thumbs-2

right on

right on

The frog is in the zone.Over the total with more than 6 mins. left in the game:+thumbs-2 :cheers :+textinbo :happy:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
<TABLE class=sitelinks id=sitelinks><TBODY><TR><TD rowSpan=2> ... because you're comfortable with the best. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That was a super Barca. ATS 51! A little OT assist, as I said, it could go to OT, as these teams are even. Hey if I buy an overnight, and someone thinks I bought a bad line, they make it better for me and us. I have been dialed in on these Spurs games. I guess I can finally update the record. Another 3 units won, but I will only count it as 1 single play, instead of 2. Can't complain about that 3 units, as I was in the Barca chillin with no worries ever.

Cigar, fine wine, jacuzzi and a massage.

Updated record: 33-19-4 63.4% (+18.1 units) Is this right, I think so. If not by all means let me know. Got a little lazy on the updates.

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran
Frog wont be avaiable during Tuesday tipoff games. Any wagers for us Frog-followers to wager on?

Thanks in advance

Ivan

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Updated record: 33-19-4 63.4% (+18.0 units) Corrected

I may get flamed for every dirty trick there is, but one thing I try to do is keep the record real. I was missing juice for one play .1. Can't have that so fixed it now. Overnights coming out in force now, might have another early investment.

Since I am the champion of getting flamed in the forums I try to do this posting too legit too quit. If anyone has any input how I can improve this, besides updating my record in a timely manner, I will gladly listen to all input.

FROG rules:

1. Past Posting: All plays except 2H must be posted at least 15 minutes before tip. 2H must be asap, usually within 5 minutes of 1H ending.

2. Stale Lines: I try to post 3 or more sources where the number is available, when I post using my Don Best Premium. No USA today lines, free half points or other gimmes not generally available.

3. Chasing Steam: This one is sort of hard to deal with, but I either try to be in front of the steam, or I fade it. Examples galore including last night. I am never intimidated by the steam, and will bet right into it's teeth with no fear.

4. Accurate record and realistic units: Amazingly I have never been flamed here. My apologies for neglecting the updates as needs improvement hits here. I keep the units low because when people start varying the plays from 1-10 or worse, it just is not credible. No pro that I know will have a 1% one play, then 10% or more the next.

5. Analysis and Observations: Never been flamed here either. Sometimes I just do not have time, but when time permits I try to write up what I feel has happened, and what should happen. Dallas shifting to small ball using 2 pg's for example.

These rules are tough, and if you are looking for a tout, someone to follow, or just want some guidelines, use these to help keep it real. My goal out of all of this, besides winning is to improve my posting. If you have the time watch Two for the Money. Eventually I will also start posting bases.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
San Antone ov 191 1/2 (2 units) Everywhere, might find better.

If they want to add a point to last game that is fine with me. They are stuck moving like sloths and I am hopping all over these numbers. No turning back from this direction as Pop has now sat all of his bigs just to matchup with Mavs. And it should have worked but Mavs keep going to line at end of game to win so Cuban has won the zebra battle. I hate to sound like a Spurs fan, but they were actually jobbed both games in Dallas. Still, they played a great game with the new small but effective lineup. Especially with Mr. Longoria finally playing like he can. I doubt the venue matters much at this point. The series has just evolved into a track meet, and pushing the ball up the court is the direction both coaches have gone. Although this one got bet down to 189 last game, I doubt that will happen here.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
All 191 1/2 gone now. Early bird got it. Like I said, I doubt it will get back down this time. I may have got caught sittin at the dock of the bay one time, but no more. Back to landscaping projects. Will checkin tonight, maybe after Net game as I am done with them and their games. Tough to back a team that loses and does not adjust it's gameplan 3 straight. Is the cliche don't fix it if it is broke? Pathetic.

Best Wishes...OF :+clueless Out. :+paraanoid