Anyone know if Dave Cokin has a Lifetime Record Anywhere?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Do reasonably long and lifetime equate? How long has Cokin been doing this? 20 years? 30? I have no idea. But you are right Kissee, in your estimation what would be appropriate for reasonably long? As far as your values, not sure a person like that can be found. Diogenes spent a lifetime looking. And don't meander back to the fund manager cesspool. From them all the way up to the corporate manipulator's, they have taken more from millions of people than any tout ever has.

Best Wishes...OF :answer:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Personally, I like The General's last post. Finally, someone with an open mind, who isn't defending ignorance and isn't vehemently trying to shut people up who politely request some information.

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:

IMHO reasonably long would be the last season or the last 100 or so picks.

Asking for a lifetime record would be like asking me questions about my first two wives ... who gives a shit?

--------------------------

Kenny, don't kid yourself, everyone involved professionally in this operation is selling "something," ....... especially you.

I talked to Dave through email a few times years back and he was a polite intelligent guy. You guys are really lucky to have him posting on the forum. He sells picks and he is one of the few you can coun't on your hand that can make a living from it without selling. You guys should spend time asking him questions on how he goes about making his picks and hope you get a response. He has a ton of experience.

:cheers

Scooter

EOG Veteran
geeze - "Why do a couple of you think Dave owes you an explanation or anything at all, for that matter?

You can belabor the car analogy all you want, but it does not apply.

You are not BUYING a car, he is GIVING you the car.

If the dealer is GIVING you the car, would you insist that it be tuned up and have the oil changed before you would agree to accept it?"

Dave is not "GIVING the car".
Dave is telling/suggesting/advising you on which car YOU should BUY.

The issue is not "Should the forum allow Cokin and others to make bet selections".

I can't imagine that anyone is opposed to anyone offering input.

The issue is: "Cokin is a professional tout. What is his record?".
Very simple question.
His answer - He has no idea.

geeze

EOG Member
shrink,

You said: "Geeze".

I assume that was an expression of dismay, and not a note to me.

You know, btw, I just had an epiphany.

These compainers DON'T GAMBLE!!
If they did they would be quietly chunking it in and enjoying Dave's picks.

Their agenda is different. They enjoy arguing and contention for the pleasure it gives them to aggravate people under the smarmy guise of "helping people"

Or MAYBE their agenda is more sinister. Maybe their purpose is to further the interests of another site by creating doubts about Dave.

Not once have any of their posts related to the substance of the writeups!
Not once have they discussed the actual picks.

No, they are using the tactic of Ad Hominem.
Attack the man, not his ideas.

geeze said:
shrink,

You said: "Geeze".

I assume that was an expression of dismay, and not a note to me.

You know, btw, I just had an epiphany.

These compainers DON'T GAMBLE!!
If they did they would be quietly chunking it in and enjoying Dave's picks.

Their agenda is different. They enjoy arguing and contention for the pleasure it gives them to aggravate people under the smarmy guise of "helping people"

Or MAYBE their agenda is more sinister. Maybe their purpose is to further the interests of another site by creating doubts about Dave.

Not once have any of their posts related to the substance of the writeups!
Not once have they discussed the actual picks.

No, they are using the tactic of Ad Hominem.
Attack the man, not his ideas.

:+thumbs-2

Scooter said:
The issue is: "Cokin is a professional tout. What is his record?".
Very simple question.
His answer - He has no idea.

Bingo.

I've got no axe to grind with Cokin. He was a nice guy at Covers and at the Rx.

He can "talk the talk."

-160 says he never gets to a hundred picks here at eog. He will keep plugging along until his record goes south and then he and his ghost posters already apparent in this thread will disapeer.

geeze, ya think?

RECORD?

:yikess

Scooter

EOG Veteran
NoTax - "I talked to Dave through email a few times years back and he was a polite intelligent guy."

I have no idea if this is true or not, but neither I nor anyone else is arguing this point.
Several posters have already posted that he is a nice guy.
This is fine, but it is not relevant in any way to the issue at hand.

NoTax - " He sells picks and he is one of the few you can coun't on your hand that can make a living from it without selling."

You are one of many who has stated this.

Yet if Dave doesn't know his record, and if an independent third party isn't tracking him, there is no way to verify this.

You are making an assumption, and there is absolutely no way to know if your statement is correct or not.

I'd like to ask you and all other posters who have stated that "...he is one of the few you can coun't on your hand that can make a living from it without selling." to offer verification (which is what Joeflex was asking for).
If you can't, then it is simply wishful thinking.
Wishful thinking does not get the money when sportsbetting.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
ComptrBob said:
Personally, I like The General's last post. Finally, someone with an open mind, who isn't defending ignorance and isn't vehemently trying to shut people up who politely request some information.

I think you are being to hard on yourself. Your posts did not seem that closed minded. And you defend ignorance with enthusiam. No one is trying to shut anyone up at this forum. Is that how it works at your fund manager forum?

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

Kissee, that would be reasonable, but I will bet you are right. :rolleyes:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
I think you are being to hard on yourself. Your posts did not seem that closed minded. And you defend ignorance with enthusiam.

Thanks for sharing your incredible ignorance with us. Since apparently you haven't figured it out, I'm supporting JoeFlex's attempt to find out if some tracking data is available on Cokin's long term record.

Is that really beyond your comprehension?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
No, that is not, and neither is your agenda. It is as transparent as you. We are blessed to have someone as above it all as you to keep our minds right. Thanks for your arrogance.

Best wishes...OF :hung

I honestly cant believe this thread has gone on this long. Do all you people have every check stub since your started work, every grade card you got from all levels of education? Can every boss you ever had vouch that he can even remember you?

The point is who cares, we all know he is pretty good. Im sure if Dave knew he had to accumulate 25 years or so worth of capping record keeping to keep some of you knuckleheads happy, he you have have said "screw this".

A lifetime record, gimme a fucking break :hung

I just found this original picture of K-ONE and ComptrBob planning their next assault...:yikess

geeze, this is better than ad hominem...:+wink-2+

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Kissee is not like that, he is like he is, always has been. I trust his input to be like he is consistent. He has never wavered in his years at the forums. But Joe Flex and CompBob, that is another agenda altogether. Take this a little furthur, why would they ask something so ridiculous, a request probably no capper could fulfill, and continue to press it? That has competitive site written all over it. There are certain individuals that infiltrate other sites and do anything they can to mess with that site's cappers. It happened to Bucs, Russ, and now Dave, as it is his turn. When did these guys sign up?

Best Wishes...OF :smokesmal

OF,

You NAILED it.

Look at the paucity of posts they have COMBINED, which someone else has already pointed out...

1-They clearly have AGENDAS to disrupt...

2-They don't add much to the comeraderie that exists here...

I have an idea of where their home is, too...

THE SHRINK

geeze

EOG Member
Scooter-

Who says you get to define the issues?
The issue is whether or not you like his free picks enough to bet them.

What he does outside the forum for a living is irrelevant.

He could be a pimp with a huge stable for all I care, with or without a lifelong record of satisfied customers.

K-one-
I am geeze.
I am an old guy that's been around a long time. I gamble, and mess around with my old lady whenever my cardiologist gives me the OK.

I am no one's ghost.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Click on either one, Joe Flex or Comp Bob, look at their posts. They all are going out of their way to discredit Bucsfan, Russ and now Dave. I don't know about any grassy knolls, but when every single post you make at a site is geared towards discrediting their handicappers, what do you think?

Best wishes...OF :rolleyes:

Click on name, review other posts. How can someone at a forum discuss nothing but the handicappers, and never in a positive light. Does that seem strange to you.
Review the posts they have made and you tell me. :+clueless

ComptrBob

EOG Master
THE SHRINK said:
Look at the paucity of posts they have COMBINED, which someone else has already pointed out...

1-They clearly have AGENDAS to disrupt...

2-They don't add much to the comeraderie that exists here...

I have an idea of where their home is, too...

THE SHRINK

How marvelously juvenile. :rolleyes:

geeze said:
K-one-
I am geeze.
I am an old guy that's been around a long time. I gamble, and mess around with my old lady whenever my cardiologist gives me the OK.

I understand, when my cardiologist gives me the OK I mess around with your old lady too as well as Scarlett and ComptrBob.

:+paraanoid

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
What is juvenile is you and Flex Joe Bob, I guess you don't know him, take turns ripping evey capper here. In fact, that is the only time you post. You cannot recreate previous history, and all you have to do is click your names and look as all of your posts. Amazing, every single post is either backing each other up, or attacking a handicapper, is that a coincidence?

Best Wishes...OF :+signs11-

geeze

EOG Member
K-ONE

I uderstand your problem.

When you finally managed to successfully couple with your mother, you made the mistake of asking her:

"How was I, Mom?

She replied: Son, I've had vaccinations that lasted longer."

Joeflex

EOG Member
OFrog, you are incorrect that no cappers have their total records and its an absurd claim. Most legitimate cappers have long, detailed records going back very far. The best site to see this in action is Sharpsportsbetting. I see Edward Golden contributes here, check out his site Rightanglesports. His records go back 8 or 9 years, are comprehensive and accurate. Because of this I have followed Ed for the last 3 or so years. That is how the legitimate pros who win and offer their picks do it. Ask Ed to chime in if he thinks his last 9 years of records are worthless to predict his success next year. I think he'd be embarrassed.

This is just absurd. The debate normally assumes that records are of some importance and then the question is how best to accumulate the record- determine whether picks are at widely available numbers, determine whether futures belong, whether props belong, should teasers be included, etc. But this debate is on that very assumption of whether records are worth anything. It's a perfectly logical assumption that past performance is a good indication of future success. Most all accept this premise. But its hard to argue when the defense to finding out records is first, that records are worthless, and then attacking us as agitators, we shouldn't be taken seriously because we don't have enough posts, we're ruining the comeraderie, we "coincidentally" back each other up, and the coup de grace- we're gay. LOL. How embarrassing.

Joeflex

geeze

Stay on the porch. You can't run with the big dogs with abortion posts like that one.

That's almost as bad as posting a picture of two men kissing. I'll forgive Ken because it's his forum and regardless of how pathetic he can be I know he is a good guy.

Plus, I have a soft spot for drunks. I spent at least a decade in a perpetual fog.

-K1

geeze

EOG Member
I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny.

Besides, you crossed the line first with that crack about my wife.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Joe Bob Flex, I reviewed your posts, and so far all you have done is lurked, popped out and caused shit. First it was Bucs, and now Dave. That is what you are doing. Anyone who looks over what you have posted can see that. You started a thread, lifetime record? You also jumped into one of his threads, asking the same deal. Get a new name, because this one is known. You and PC Joe Bob. Ghosts are easy to come by, and I am sure you have names more of us would recognize. Just dump these two and move along. This game has been exposed, as have you. Let the guys cap and post their plays. The only reason you would do what you are doing, and grind it as long as you have is if...

Best Wishes...OF :+clueless

ComptrBob

EOG Master
OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
What is juvenile is you and Flex Joe Bob, I guess you don't know him, take turns ripping evey capper here. In fact, that is the only time you post. Amazing, every single post is either backing each other up, or attacking a handicapper, is that a coincidence?

Apparently you missed my welcoming post to Dave in the original announcement thread in which I lauded his remarkable Stardust radio show football record (which I've enjoyed and have tracked for 5 years, missing records for 2001).

For your benefit, I'll repeat it here:

Welcome Dave.

I've been listening to you on the Stardust line for many years. BTW, I have the following records for your football picks on the Sunday night show:

Year Record
2001 20-18-1
2002 Unknown
2003 26-21-1
2004 29-15
2005 34-13-1

Total 109-67-3 63.93%

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
ComptrBob said:
Apparently you missed my welcoming post to Dave in the original announcement thread in which I lauded his remarkable Stardust radio show football record (which I've enjoyed and have tracked for 5 years, missing records for 2001).

For your benefit, I'll repeat it here:

Welcome Dave.

I've been listening to you on the Stardust line for many years. BTW, I have the following records for your football picks on the Sunday night show:

Year Record
2001 20-18-1
2002 Unknown
2003 26-21-1
2004 29-15
2005 34-13-1

Total 109-67-3 63.93%

You seem to already have his record in hand when welcoming him, amazingly you have a desire for more information. Am I the only one who sees this act?

Best Wishes...OF :hung

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Does anyone know a poster who spends all of his time tracking other players, makes a career bragging about it. The same one that messes with any handicapper, at any other site until he gets banned? Comp Bob raises his hand to track newcomer Russ, and someone else comes into Russ's thread and messes with him. Now we move on to Dave, the latest newcomer. But we use Joe instead of Bob. The same mo, mess with the guy and start shit. I guess these are all just random events. Just drop the ghosts man.

Best Wishes...OF :rolleyes:

Scooter

EOG Veteran
BGS 9.5 - "The point is who cares, we all know he [Cokin] is pretty good."

Please verify how you know he is "pretty good".

Unacceptable responses -

"I just know it".
"Almost everybody knows it".
"He's on the radio a lot".
"His picture is in a lot of ads in magazines and sports schedules".

Can you provide verification for his "pretty good" record, and/or explain how you know that "he is pretty good"?
While you're at it, can you be specific as to what his "pretty good" record actually is?

If you can't, it's simply wishful thinking.

In actuality, we both know you can't answer the question I've asked.
Neither can anyone else here (including Dave himself apparently).

ComptrBob

EOG Master
OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
You seem to already have his record in hand when welcoming him, amazingly you have a desire for more information. Am I the only one who sees this act?

This is beyond hilarious.

ComptrBob, I think your telling the truth!! You have nothing against DAVE and I don't think Joeflex does either!!
You two fellas have something against EOG and THE SHRINK.
Ken could have asked JESUS CHRIST to make picks and guys like you would have flamed his arse!!
The fact of the matter is, it doesnt make a difference who comes over to EOG these same fellas would have something negative to say!! I know I know!! You guys said nothing negative!! WHATEVER!!

We like having DAVE post his picks on EOG, if you don't like his picks go with someone else!

JEALOUSY is a terrible!! MAY'N!

Jon in Oakland

EOG Enthusiast
This forum should consider itself lucky to be graced by the presence of such luminaries as Joeflex and Comptroller Bob.

To the best of their ability, they'll give you the tout's record, the whole record and nothing but the record. They should both be welcomed with open minds and arms.

Censoring and/or editing their posts only does a disservice to the EOG membership.