Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

kane

EOG master
Merlin, I'm surprised at your response to this virus, figured you'd parrot the alt right media claiming it's no big deal, figured you'd be posting like Raiders. You seem to be following this very close

Merlin, I'm surprised at your response to this virus, figured you'd parrot the alt right media claiming it's no big deal, figured you'd be posting like Raiders. You seem to be following this very close

Agreed-props to Merlin for "keeping it real" regarding this crisis(y)

mr merlin

EOG Master
I've been consistent the whole time, it is a big deal, it's going to be real, real, bad. Where I diverge with the lunatics on the left is shutting down everything to accomplish nothing. Destroying the economy, and throwing huge numbers of people out of work is insane, doing what was asked originally is plenty.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Agreed-props to Merlin for "keeping it real" regarding this crisis(y)
This thing isn't going to end for 3 months, at least, we're still in the early, early stages, for them to go berzerk so soon is insane.

they tell millions they cant go to work, perhaps threaten the survival of their employers, but those same people still go the the grocery store, still handle the same dirty pump at the gas station, are still packing the fast food outlets, you're not accomplishing much if anything.

Valuist

EOG Master

I think even Trump was embarrassed by things Limbaugh said.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The other thing I cant stand is they are plenty willing to throw people out of work, but they refuse to recommend people wear masks. Even RECOMMEND, they all wear masks in china, japan, and south korea, when they go out. That's partially why this crap wont work here.

blueline

EOG Master
Rumors of a Chicago shutdown Saturday floating around

Now Gov. J.B. Pritzker is expected to order all residents to stay at home beginning Saturday, in the most serious effort yet to combat the spread of the coronavirus in Illinois.

Pritzker will issue his “stay-at-home” order for all Illinois residents at a 3 p.m. news conference, according to sources. He is expected to be joined by Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot.

kane

EOG master

Several fox news hosts apologized for initially downplaying the virus as nothing more than a way to hurt trump politically, I was surprised at their admission

Highly doubtful. I don't know how many here saw trumps presser today but it might be his worst one yet. At one point Fauci did a literal face palm standing behind trump. What a shit show.

Most schools have been closed for a while. Some states are on lock down. They are having success with some medicines. We are stopping this.

kane

EOG master
No one knew it would be this serious.

Merlin knew, to his credit he was all over this thing being bigger than the right wing media was saying. And lots of people knew it would be big, but since you get your info from Trump and he initially downplayed it saying it was no big deal, and fox news also downplyed it, that's why you say no one knew it would be serious, had you been getting your info from news outlets that weren't on the right, you would have known this was serious from the beginning

kane

EOG master
Highly doubtful. I don't know how many here saw trumps presser today but it might be his worst one yet. At one point Fauci did a literal face palm standing behind trump. What a shit show.

That wasn't even the worst part, did you see him rip into that reporter for asking a very simple and basic question? I'll try to find the link

mr merlin

EOG Master
Up here the clinics and hospitals wont see anyone without serious issues, no regular stuff, no normal or elective procedures. Just now the governor said we have 8 corona virus hospitilizations in the whole state. So the whole state is full of dr's and nurses hardly working. It's shit like that that's fucked up.

kane

EOG master
Italy has 4,032 deaths, how many will the US have and how many will Italy have in the next 2 months.

It isn't enough just to track deaths, we need to track total cases, someone might have the virus and not die from it, but that person might give it to someone else who will die from it. Young people aren't as concerned since they're highly unlikely to die from it, but they can pass it on to their parents or grandparents who might

It isn't enough just to track deaths, we need to track total cases, someone might have the virus and not die from it, but that person might give it to someone else who will die from it. Young people aren't as concerned since they're highly unlikely to die from it, but they can pass it on to their parents or grandparents who might

Cases doesn't matter. We have no idea how many people had coronavirus two weeks ago. If deaths per day stay under 50 today, then we are fine.

kane

EOG master
Cases in the US have more than doubled since Wednesday, that doesn't mean the same day someone tests positive they die, you could have the virus today and die next week. The fact that cases in this country have more than doubled in two days means there will be more deaths, of course the majority of people won't die, but as we get more and more people test positive, the death toll will rise. I pray to God Raiders estimate of less than 3,000 comes true, but I don't think so

kane

EOG master
Total deaths in the next two months, Merlin 190,000 Raiders less than 3,000, let's see who comes closest