Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
I hate to be a gloomy gus, but the original estimate was deaths would peak in the US at 57000 per day, which would mean NY might have 10K.

I assume all these lockdowns , etc will have an effect and we can hold it to 10,000 people dying per day.

I hate to be a gloomy gus, but the original estimate was deaths would peak in the US at 57000 per day, which would mean NY might have 10K.

I assume all these lockdowns , etc will have an effect and we can hold it to 10,000 people dying per day.

Not even close. 4,825 cases yesterday. More testing but cases staying the same.

Yep that is what worldometer indicates. Yesterday's cumulative total was 256, we now sit at 340.

For their purposes the "day" ends at 12 midnight Greenwich. So I think that is 8pm est.?
That's not right. Just click USA. Go to the bottom and it adds up all the states. 46 yesterday.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
March 19
You really need to let it go, there's no stopping it now, a week from now we'll have 15-20K a day, maybe far more.

yeah with today's 84 it seems high, but sadly its prob the last day with under 3 digits. Nothing is going to magically stop it in it's tracks now. The social distancing we are doing now won't have any affect for 2-3 more weeks

the people that died today, first came in contact with the disease most likely 3-4 weeks ago. 3-7 days of nothing. On avg after the onset of symptoms it takes 5 days before the bad cases need hospitalization. then 2 weeks between hospitalization and death with 10 of those days being in the ICU.

so for states with isolation now. The people that caught the virus the day or two before isolation began are just now starting to feel the first symptoms. They bad cases will still be alive for 2-3 more grueling weeks spiraling downwards.

its fuking grim and depressing to see that NY is going to replay in 49 more states at different speeds.

Lord help us with those anti virals

March 19

yeah with today's 84 it seems high, but sadly its prob the last day with under 3 digits. Nothing is going to magically stop it in it's tracks now. The social distancing we are doing now won't have any affect for 2-3 more weeks

the people that died today, first came in contact with the disease most likely 3-4 weeks ago. 3-7 days of nothing. On avg after the onset of symptoms it takes 5 days before the bad cases need hospitalization. then 2 weeks between hospitalization and death with 10 of those days being in the ICU.

so for states with isolation now. The people that caught the virus the day or two before isolation began are just now starting to feel the first symptoms. They bad cases will still be alive for 2-3 more grueling weeks spiraling downwards.

its fuking grim and depressing to see that NY is going to replay in 49 more states at different speeds.

For the 15th time, it was 46. It didn't reset. Bottom red.

mr merlin

EOG Master
March 19

Yup, a week from now raiders will be arguing that its really not 390 deaths, it's 328.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Ok , raiders was right about the numbers, I admit it sir. Doesn't change anything however.

I think the numbers are a bit lower on the weekend - must be testing places that are understaffed.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Yeah raiders is right, I see it now.

Hopefully it continues that way. I really just want an early spring heat wave and see if that buys us time like it did with H1N1

This shit is so depressing, we should be talking about 8 teams that just punched ticket to sweet 16