Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
Eye-opening numbers for sure. It must be weakening some though. I would like to see the number of tests taken in those same time frames for added perspective.
The problem is numbers of infected are a good thing, not a bad thing. The more, the quicker, the better. High numbers are what cured italy, sweden, NY, NJ, and high numbers are what will end this soon, If Fl has 12K /day and the real number is many times that will burn through very soon.

mr merlin

EOG Master
A Second Coronavirus Death Surge Is Coming
There was always a logical explanation for why cases rose through the end of June while deaths did not.
ALEXIS C. MADRIGALJULY 15, 2020

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/614122/
I'm not going to click on it, but whats a surge? Is a return to levels of 4-5 weeks ago a surge? The fake media uses that term(along with wave) every day and 90% of the time it's nonsense. they'll say a new wave of cases hit's south korea or japan - it'll be 2-3 dozen. Look at Ny, they still have 700-1000 new cases every day, do they ever refer to that as a new surge, or wave? no, No, No, that's just fine, but if iowa goes from 400 to 600 oh boy, that's a wave.

The 7 day avg has popped somewhat, and it'll prob go up some more, but it would seem very unlikly it'll go anywhere near what it was before. Once these big southern states get past this, which will happen, there will be no more big states left, what then? how will they maintain fear after that?

I'm not going to click on it, but whats a surge? Is a return to levels of 4-5 weeks ago a surge? The fake media uses that term(along with wave) every day and 90% of the time it's nonsense. they'll say a new wave of cases hit's south korea or japan - it'll be 2-3 dozen. Look at Ny, they still have 700-1000 new cases every day, do they ever refer to that as a new surge, or wave? no, No, No, that's just fine, but if iowa goes from 400 to 600 oh boy, that's a wave.

The 7 day avg has popped somewhat, and it'll prob go up some more, but it would seem very unlikly it'll go anywhere near what it was before. Once these big southern states get past this, which will happen, there will be no more big states left, what then? how will they maintain fear after that?
I certainly never expected you to click on the article to become COVID educated.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

The 7 day avg has popped somewhat, and it'll prob go up some more, but it would seem very unlikly it'll go anywhere near what it was before. Once these big southern states get past this, which will happen, there will be no more big states left, what then? how will theymaintain fear after that?

the same fukkin way the boogie man scares you fella

Lie, make some shit up, tell you the rights police are coming, libtards will steal your whole life, if you fukkin had one.

You think you special guy? Someone draw yer fukkin name out a damn hat and declare you the bastien of truth?

You post more regurgitated fecal matter than anyone here clown, don't be telling anyone they being lead astray.

Since you read it, when is the peak, and how high will it be. please be specific, then we can find out if the article is correct or not?

Lets try this again

Do the following:

1. Go to my above post where I linked the Covid article

2. Click on the linked article

3. Proceed to read the Covid article which contains:

Facts

Scientific analysis

Covid data

Covid projections

Information that pertains to Covid mitigation

4. Take notes of valuable pieces of information within the informative article

5. Allow the valuable Covid information contained in the article to be absorbed into your brain

6. Use the absorbed knowledge to become less of a Covid laughingstock you’ve shown yourself to be

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Worked way too hard on this one Heisy.

He will do none of that.

Just crap all over your post and he will be all proud of himself for doing so

blueline

EOG Master
Lets try this again

Do the following:

Facts

Scientific analysis

Covid data

Covid projections

5. Allow the valuable Covid information contained in the article to be absorbed into your brain

6. Use the absorbed knowledge to become less of a Covid laughingstock you’ve shown yourself to be

That has the feel of give a guy a fish feed him for a day....teach him to fish feed him for a lifetime kind of thing

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The problem is numbers of infected are a good thing, not a bad thing. The more, the quicker, the better. High numbers are what cured italy, sweden, NY, NJ, and high numbers are what will end this soon, If Fl has 12K /day and the real number is many times that will burn through very soon.
So you are for the herd mentality, you denied it before.

mr merlin

EOG Master
So you are for the herd mentality, you denied it before.
Dont you get it, everything has changed, the virus is nowhere near as deadly as first thought, almost everyone under 50 suffers little or no effects from it - yea the more young people that get it and the quicker, the better. Instead of closing the bars down south they should leave them open and subsidize drinks, just tell them to stay away from old people for a month or so while they get over it.

Those covid parties at colleges, etc that everyone goes nuts over are a great idea.

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Lets try this again

Do the following:

Facts

Scientific analysis

Covid data

Covid projections

All you guys do is post links, I'm not going to click on all that shit - 80% of it is silly nonsense. if i think it's a real article i might, most of the time it's a cartoon.
So tell me, when is the peak and how high is it.

i say cases are peaking now, deaths will peak in a couple weeks, and then it'll be a repeat of the same thing we saw everywhere else that had a surge. it's not an accident that everywhere has the same looking chart, it's the nature of the virus.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
All you guys do is post links, I'm not going to click on all that shit - 80% of it is silly nonsense. if i think it's a real article i might, most of the time it's a cartoon.
So tell me, when is the peak and how high is it.

i say cases are peaking now, deaths will peak in a couple weeks, and then it'll be a repeat of the same thing we saw everywhere else that had a surge. it's not an accident that everywhere has the same looking chart, it's the nature of the virus.
Heis link was good

Ray Luca

EOG Master
What if immunity doesn't last and you can get reinfected?

I personally believe immunity will be lifetime but what if its not? What happens to the herd??

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
some guy on bloomberg said it could come back again in the fall

The timing is not great. Certainly travel to and from all regions within the US is on the rise. So if we have outbreaks of cases anywhere, it will keep the fire smoldering everywhere in the US through the summer. And it only takes 1 or 14/15 to beget tens of thousands in a few weeks.

High population density areas certainly have many people that have not been infected that could cause spikes again. Especially in colder climates when people are huddling indoors again.

Covid didn't really get bad until near the very end of flu season . This fall/winter we have to contend with people getting colds, flu, strep throat, pneumonia, ect and Covid so we will get more info on how populations deal with comorbodities of fighting off Covid and something else at the same time.

With the first Covid outbreaks , schools closed everywhere. This year that vector will be opened much more ,just about everywhere. Kids dealing both with cases of Flu and Covid simultaneously could be harrowing. Every person getting the sniffles is going to be scared they have Covid.

Work productivity/economy will suffer as anyone with a cough, high temp, sniffles will not be allowed into work and people will be quarantining while waiting for test results that already take a week or more to get back . We will be a hypochondriac nation this winter.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Paging Dr Merlin..... You have a very important question to answer in the EOG forum
Most likely it will last a s long as with other corona viruses - 1-4 yrs, if it was very short people would be getting reinfected right now, and they're not.

As to whether it will "come back in the fall", it obviously will not be gone by fall so that's not a concern. Lots of people down south are getting infected every week, so immunity rises. I think the increses seen in the south are related to the same phenomenon that causes the flu to rise in the winter, the inside factor.