Railbird.....Tell us about the great USC QB named Sam Darnold....

Heim

EOG Master
Darnold's grand dad was one of the original Marlboro cigarette guys on TV....which makes sense since he got smoked tonight.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
He said he was seeing ghosts out on the field....

Doesn't get much more damning than that. Sam running into his USC bugaboo. Turnovers. It's why I thought he'd struggle in the NFL.
Which was a better QB class? 2017 with Mahomes and Deshaun, or the highly (over)touted 2018 class. It's becoming more and more clear. With Baker's serious regression, the class of 2018 is Lamar, who is a great weapon but not a great passer, Josh, who is a great weapon but not a great passer, and the beyond struggling Baker, Sam, and Rosen. Not pretty.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
A member of the Jets media mentioned to Darnold after the game that teammate Le'Veon Bell thought it was one of worst games Darnold had ever played in his football career.

To which Darnold replied, "It was one of the worst ever."

Too funny.

Valuist

EOG Master
11 of 32 for 85 yards and 4 ints. That's the worst NFL performance I've ever seen in dry, non hurricane conditions.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Doesn't get much more damning than that. Sam running into his USC bugaboo. Turnovers. It's why I thought he'd struggle in the NFL.
Which was a better QB class? 2017 with Mahomes and Deshaun, or the highly (over)touted 2018 class. It's becoming more and more clear. With Baker's serious regression, the class of 2018 is Lamar, who is a great weapon but not a great passer, Josh, who is a great weapon but not a great passer, and the beyond struggling Baker, Sam, and Rosen. Not pretty.
The pats play cleveland with Mayfield next, no doubt it'll be another tough lesson for him.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Belichick is such a fucking genius. He's always going to have something up his sleeve. Gilmore is in dreamland. In Buffalo he had to do everything, not so much in NE. He will make T.Hill his bitch and any other top WR he goes against.

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's a list of starting QBs the Patriots have faced after week 1.

week 2: Fitzpatrick
week 3: Falk
week 4: Josh Allen
week 5: Colt McCoy
week 6: Daniel Jones
week 7: Darnold

Let's not compare their D to the '85 Bears just yet.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Sore loser Gase says he was offended ESPN miked Darnold up and may think twice about doing so in future MNF affairs.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
11 of 32 for 85 yards and 4 ints. That's the worst NFL performance I've ever seen in dry, non hurricane conditions.

Mark Sanchez might have flirted with those stats in the butt fumble game. Can't remember though if it was played under ideal conditions.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

Holy cow

Don't forget Allen didn't finish the game either and they only lost by 6. I think a number of teams would be 7-0 at this point if they faced their schedule so far.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Don't forget Allen didn't finish the game either and they only lost by 6. I think a number of teams would be 7-0 at this point if they faced their schedule so far.
Or 6-0. Like the Niners.

Only winning team they have faced is the 4-3 Rams. Combined record of the rest of their opponents? 7-25.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Or 6-0. Like the Niners.

Only winning team they have faced is the 4-3 Rams. Combined record of the rest of their opponents? 7-25.
So if we listen to some posters here, we're to conclude that New England and San Fran suck, is that it?

Phew. they're out there tonight.

mr merlin

EOG Master
No Merle. That’s not it. Some factual information was provided. Draw whatever conclusions you want from it.
i dont think it's fair to even conclude they've played a weak schedule, if NE had lost every game, which would also have given the teams they beat greater motivation, you would say, they've played a tough schedule. Buffalo would be undefeated, the jets and steelers would be 3-3, and so on.

Valuist

EOG Master
ESPN should think twice before allowing that garbage franchise to appear on MNF again

For our viewing pleasure, we get to see the inept Redskins tonight on Thursday Night Football, and the Monday Nighter will feature the historically bad Dolphins.

For our viewing pleasure, we get to see the inept Redskins tonight on Thursday Night Football, and the Monday Nighter will feature the historically bad Dolphins.

it does suck but every NFL team has a Thursday game every year to make it a more fair schedule

waco

EOG Dedicated
Cant wait to watch THE COWHERD TODAY!! ALL LAST YEAR HE WAS SAYING DARNOLD WAS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD AND AARON RODGERS SHOULD OF RETIRED 2 YEARS AGO!!

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Cant wait to watch THE COWHERD TODAY!! ALL LAST YEAR HE WAS SAYING DARNOLD WAS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD AND AARON RODGERS SHOULD OF RETIRED 2 YEARS AGO!!

I refuse to listen to that guy (I was going to type something more derogatory). If I accidentally "stumble" across him while listening to the radio, even if it's a commercial, I can't change the station fast enough.