Is LeBron James Showing His Age In Playoffs?

MrTop

EOG Master
Topper, remember a few months back when I told you if LeBron wins a championship the haters will say there should be an asterisk? I know you'll remember because you said you would give him full credit and not use an asterisk

i give him a full win... he is now 4-6.

MrTop

EOG Master
give lebron an outside chance now winning 6,,,,,,,, before season i gave him no chance of 6...in a leading role........not a sub

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The Lakers will win the series, congrats to them, but the gap between these teams isn't that wide. This is a good, not great, Laker team, they have two superstars and a bunch of decent role players who's games gets elevated due to them playing with LeBron. This series could easily be 2-2 and a toss up, the old saying in the NBA is "it's a make or miss league", the Heat haven't shot as well as they have been, now some of that goes to the Lakers defense, they're a good defensive team, but some of it is Miami just missing makeable shots. The biggest sequence last night came with a little over 2 minutes to play, the Heat have the ball down 2 and Jimmy shoots a wide open baseline three, he misses, LeBron gets the rebound, heads up court and finds KCP open in the corner, he hits the three that gives them a 5 point lead, if Jimmy's three drops and KCP's doesn't, the Heat have the ball up 1 with under 2 minutes to play, of course we'll never know what would have happened, and maybe the Heat doesn't even get the rebound, but something as simple as one player missing an open and shot and another one hitting an open shot is sometimes the difference between winning and losing. I won't use injuries as an excuse since the Heat are a no excuse team, of course I would have liked to have Bam not miss any time and last night he wasn't close to 100%, and of course I'd like to have Dragic in the lineup, but injuries aren't an excuse, the Heat still have enough to compete. There's nothing I've seen from these teams that tells me the Lakers are the far superior team, better yes, much better, no way. But they're up 3-1 and will likely end up winning the series, but like I've posted, there isn't a big difference between these teams.

And if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle. Heat should have lost that game by 15 last night. UniBron is playing w/out 40% of it's starting lineup, I don't think you can complain about injuries.

I know how good our opponents are, Hell they dispatched the team w/ the best record in the NBA led by the MVP and DPOY in 5 games. These guys aren't to be trifled with. However, going in, I thought there was a clear gap between them and that has since been confirmed.

AD is the Lakers MVP in the finals so far but Brick will get MVP no matter what happens the rest of the series. AD's help defense around the rim has been huge.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The Lakers will win the series, congrats to them, but the gap between these teams isn't that wide. This is a good, not great, Laker team, they have two superstars and a bunch of decent role players who's games gets elevated due to them playing with LeBron. This series could easily be 2-2 and a toss up, the old saying in the NBA is "it's a make or miss league", the Heat haven't shot as well as they have been, now some of that goes to the Lakers defense, they're a good defensive team, but some of it is Miami just missing makeable shots. The biggest sequence last night came with a little over 2 minutes to play, the Heat have the ball down 2 and Jimmy shoots a wide open baseline three, he misses, LeBron gets the rebound, heads up court and finds KCP open in the corner, he hits the three that gives them a 5 point lead, if Jimmy's three drops and KCP's doesn't, the Heat have the ball up 1 with under 2 minutes to play, of course we'll never know what would have happened, and maybe the Heat doesn't even get the rebound, but something as simple as one player missing an open and shot and another one hitting an open shot is sometimes the difference between winning and losing. I won't use injuries as an excuse since the Heat are a no excuse team, of course I would have liked to have Bam not miss any time and last night he wasn't close to 100%, and of course I'd like to have Dragic in the lineup, but injuries aren't an excuse, the Heat still have enough to compete. There's nothing I've seen from these teams that tells me the Lakers are the far superior team, better yes, much better, no way. But they're up 3-1 and will likely end up winning the series, but like I've posted, there isn't a big difference between these teams.

And in game 3, if when UniBron took the 91-89 lead w/ 8:55 to go in the 4th and hold on, this could have been a sweep. This series has pretty much played out to expectations; if Mia was about a 4.00 Fair Price, I'd expect them to get 1 out of the first 4.

In Game 4, w/ 8:15 to go in the 3rd Qrt, an LBJ 3 put UniBron up 55 to 54 and they never trailed after that. UniBron is also 56-0 this year when leading after 3; that's elite., it take's more than a "good" team to do that.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Bet the Lakers to officially close it out Friday night. They are wearing their black mamba uniforms in which thus far they are undefeated.

kane

EOG master
And if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle. Heat should have lost that game by 15 last night. UniBron is playing w/out 40% of it's starting lineup, I don't think you can complain about injuries.

I know how good our opponents are, Hell they dispatched the team w/ the best record in the NBA led by the MVP and DPOY in 5 games. These guys aren't to be trifled with. However, going in, I thought there was a clear gap between them and that has since been confirmed.

No, they shouldn't have lost by 15, the largest lead the Lakers had all game was at the very end, the gap between them isn't as big as you think. Missing 40% of your starting lineup, LMAO. Cousins hasn't played all season and they haven't missed Bradley, I already said I'm not using injuries as an excuse, but if you think missing Dragic and Bam hasn't mattered, you're wrong

kane

EOG master
And in game 3, if when UniBron took the 91-89 lead w/ 8:55 to go in the 4th and hold on, this could have been a sweep. This series has pretty much played out to expectations; if Mia was about a 4.00 Fair Price, I'd expect them to get 1 out of the first 4.

In Game 4, w/ 8:15 to go in the 3rd Qrt, an LBJ 3 put UniBron up 55 to 54 and they never trailed after that. UniBron is also 56-0 this year when leading after 3; that's elite., it take's more than a "good" team to do that.

The Heat were down 2 with the ball and just over 2 minutes to play, the game was a toss up, Jimmy missed an open three, KCP made an open three, and instead of Miami leading by one, they trailed by 5, that was the game. I have no idea how you think a team that was up by 2 with two minutes to play should have won by 15

kane

EOG master
And when I say they're not a great team, take away their two stars and what have you got. Morris, Caruso, Rondo, KCP, Howard, Green, none of them are anything more than average, except Rondo, he's an above average player, but the rest of them are just mediocre players. This Laker team is good, perhaps very good, but they're not great, they have two great players which is why they win, but they're not a great team

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
And when I say they're not a great team, take away their two stars and what have you got. Morris, Caruso, Rondo, KCP, Howard, Green, none of them are anything more than average, except Rondo, he's an above average player, but the rest of them are just mediocre players. This Laker team is good, perhaps very good, but they're not great, they have two great players which is why they win, but they're not a great team
The salary cap has really changed the definition of a great team. The last great team was the Warriors, because of Curry was underpaid compared to his production. It'ssimilar to the NFL now - get a qb on a rookie deal and build around it. The 80's Celtics and Lakers were great teams.

kane

EOG master
The salary cap has really changed the definition of a great team. The last great team was the Warriors, because of Curry was underpaid compared to his production. It'ssimilar to the NFL now - get a qb on a rookie deal and build around it. The 80's Celtics and Lakers were great teams.

This Lakers team has two of the top five players in the league, after that it's nothing but mediocre role players. In fact, take the two stars off this team and replace them with average players and they don't even make the playoffs, they'll win because they have two elite players, not because they're a great team, far from it

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
This Lakers team has two of the top five players in the league, after that it's nothing but mediocre role players. In fact, take the two stars off this team and replace them with average players and they don't even make the playoffs, they'll win because they have two elite players, not because they're a great team, far from it
Correct. Its very hard to win when two players are taking up 35-40% of the cap (guessing here), then trying to find veteran role players to take less.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

All you have are excuses and "what if's," Stop being silly. UniBron is a great team. What you are seeing is a great team play a good team; there's the gap.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

You've been dead wrong about them all year. Your Finals team didn't even make it to their Conference Finals. Stop being silly, They have 2 of he Top 5 players in the Lg on thier team.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

They made the run to the Finals look easy and that ain't easy to do. Every RND there was a narrative about why UniBron may not make it to the next one,

kane

EOG master
You've been dead wrong about them all year. Your Finals team didn't even make it to their Conference Finals. Stop being silly, They have 2 of he Top 5 players in the Lg on thier team.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do as I've stated many times, but the rest of their roster is filled with mediocre role players. And I'm sorry, but you'll never convince me a team that starts Kentavious Caldwell Pope, Danny Green, and Dwight Howard is a great team, the Celtics were a good but not great team, none of those three Lakers starters could start for the Celtics.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, doesn't matter to me what you believe. I'm just tellling you, they're a great team.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Far from a great team when KCP is your third option... nonetheless defense is great.

You're one of those PER idiots, right? So let me speak your language.... LBJ and AD are 2 of the 3 best PER players, ever.

You reported 13-KLaws was ecstatic that UniBron caught Por in RD 1 because they thought Por could beat them.... how did that turn out?

In Rd 2, wasn't small ball suppose to cause us all sorts of problems?

They've made it look easy and that's not easy to do.

What you and others never understood about UniBron is their supporting cast; it completely flew over your heads. Not mine. When you put the proper players around these two:

All NBA First Team:
Lebron James
James Harden
Giannis
Luka Doncic
Anthony Davis

You can mix and match w/ anyone. That's why I said only Vogel can fuck this up becuase we have the personell to kick anyone's ass anyway you want to play it. No one is bad matchup for us.

I'm the guy who told you last year that they don't need a third star and I want to surround them w/ role players and you are seeing exacty why.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Wait a minute.

I thought Danny Green was brought in to be the 3rd option.

Or was that why they didn't trade Kuzma.

Either way ring #4 is close.

They have several third options, that's part of their strength.... The Men of the Round Table are skilled and will cut you to the quick if not properly accounted for.

Heim

EOG Master
Coach James convinces assistant coach Vogel to challenge obvious charge on him costing them last TO unable to advance ball last 1.6. Otherwise good game.

kane

EOG master
Coach James convinces assistant coach Vogel to challenge obvious charge on him costing them last TO unable to advance ball last 1.6. Otherwise good game.

Good point, the call was close, but I think the refs got it right, it looked like Robinson was set and Lebron lowered the shoulder, but even if the call was wrong there's no way you use your challenge that early in the game unless the player called for the foul is in foul trouble, but that was LeBron's first foul, had that been his third I can understand it, but it was only his first foul, the play was no big deal. That's a spot where Vogel needs to tell LeBron we're not challenging the call, but Vogel isn't strong and naturally acquiesced to LeBron's wishes, I can guarantee Spo would have looked at the replay, realized the call was close, and wouldn't have wasted an early time out, he wouldn't have been afraid to tell LeBron no in that spot.

Good point, the call was close, but I think the refs got it right, it looked like Robinson was set and Lebron lowered the shoulder, but even if the call was wrong there's no way you use your challenge that early in the game unless the player called for the foul is in foul trouble, but that was LeBron's first foul, had that been his third I can understand it, but it was only his first foul, the play was no big deal. That's a spot where Vogel needs to tell LeBron we're not challenging the call, but Vogel isn't strong and naturally acquiesced to LeBron's wishes, I can guarantee Spo would have looked at the replay, realized the call was close, and wouldn't have wasted an early time out, he wouldn't have been afraid to tell LeBron no in that spot.

I really don't get the Lakers players and their constant bitching for calls. If you want to be seen as the GOAT or at least leave a real legacy, its a bad look to be the only guys out there nonstop crying for calls.

kane

EOG master
I really don't get the Lakers players and their constant bitching for calls. If you want to be seen as the GOAT or at least leave a real legacy, its a bad look to be the only guys out there nonstop crying for calls.

The worst part about their non stop whining is that they've been getting most of the close calls the whole series, last night at times it was almost like Miami is playing 5 on 8

The worst part about their non stop whining is that they've been getting most of the close calls the whole series, last night at times it was almost like Miami is playing 5 on 8

Just wait until they send a memo to the league again if they lose game 6. Imagine what a Mickey Mouse league this becomes if the franchise with the most titles, the most glamor and the two biggest stars left resort to that nonsense again just to make sure they win it.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

LMAO. What a BS take. You're officially a dumb fuck, Congrats.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Just wait until they send a memo to the league again if they lose game 6. Imagine what a Mickey Mouse league this becomes if the franchise with the most titles, the most glamor and the two biggest stars left resort to that nonsense again just to make sure they win it.

Stop fucking bitching about the Refs and wait untill game 6 becuase they better give you two idiots something to bitch about it.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

You have a fucking excuse for everything. Take the ass whippin you got coming like a man. If it happens to me, I will but then again, I have LBJ and The Men of the Round Table, and you don't. Good luck, dumb fuck.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

In Game 4, at the start of the 3rd Qrt, Jimmy Buckets had 1 less free throw attempt than our entire team. That, you fucking moron, is 5 on 8 and we still beat you and like I tild you, we should have won that game by 15 even if you are too dumb to figure out why.

kane

EOG master
You have a fucking excuse for everything. Take the ass whippin you got coming like a man. If it happens to me, I will but then again, I have LBJ and The Men of the Round Table, and you don't. Good luck, dumb fuck.

Men of the Round Table? LMAO, sorry dude but there are only two seats at that table

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Shocking you don't see what every one else does, you watch the game with purple and gold colored glasses, the Lakers got every 50/50 call

STFU. I've kicked your ass in every NBA dispute we ever had. You don't see what I see and that's your problem.

Tell me again how 13-Klaws is the best team in NBA. #Clown