Define "Woke"

blueline

EOG Master
Grabbed some share-size m&ms on my way out of a store today....didnt notice till I was in my car I had the woke m&ms.....thought I was grabbing a regular bag of candy.......who or what planted woke candy in and amongst " real American" candy?..the woke candy is supposed to be seperated from the "real american" candy .was it antifa?......wait till tucker carlson hears about this

20230405_130043z.jpg

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The marketing of 1-2% to the remaining 98-99% is something I’ll never understand. Is being ahead of the curve worth the pushback? I guess so. The Anheiser Busch numbers will be very interesting.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Here's how racist MSN and main stream media report. 2 blacks removed from the Tennessee gang, but a white member was not. This is racism at its best and its a ok with the liberals. Liberals are a cancer.

kane

EOG master
Republicans have been boycotting Bud Light after it's collaboration with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney - but now they've changed their tune after seemingly realizing, the beer’s parent company Anheuser-Busch, is a generous GOP donor

The National Republican Congressional Committee Twitter account was initially pretty vocal about the matter on Saturday with a fundraising post urging supporters to donate to the NRCC and receive a custom drink koozie in the process

“Thanks to Dylan Mulvaney, we can all finally admit that Bud Light tastes like water,” the NRCC said in the tweet, according to Daily Beast.

Though this tweet has since been quietly deleted, meanwhile the actual fundraising page now redirects to a general “Stand with House Republicans” contribution page.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump Jr has also urged his fellow Republicans to end the Bud Light boycott.

He said: “I’m not, though, for destroying an American, an iconic company, for something like this. Trust me, the memes have been so good. I’m sitting there chomping [unintelligible].

“But like, when I actually look into it, I’m not going to blame the whole company for the inaction or the stupidity of someone in a marketing campaign that got woke as hell.”

According to one GOP operative who spoke anonymously to the publication, gave insight into why Republicans are moving away from a boycott.

“I assume they backtracked because they realized they were biting the hand that feeds them, and as soon as word gets around about that, why would anyone else give them big money in the future?” they theorised.

kane

EOG master
Many have argued that Bud Light’s partnership with Mulvaney has caused the company to suffer, citing a 30 percent drop in sales that sources like Newsweek have pointed out are likely not tied to the campaign. The truth is, Bud Light will likely come out on the other side of the boycott doing just fine. In fact, according to experts, they might even be better for it.

Pedr Howard, Head of Creative Excellence at market research company Ipsos, tells Delish that most viral boycotts don’t actually impact brands negatively in the long run. “Sometimes [online backlash] can cause short-term losses, but any long-term losses are usually also linked to other factors,” Howard says. “In many cases, there is no loss and it can have a net positive effect.”

Howard says that “media hype and exposure can drive mass awareness, which in turn leads to more potential customers.” So, Bud Light could even be getting free air time and media impressions from the boycotters, who are keeping the brand at the top of consumers’ minds when they head out for a beer run.

Merely looking at the history of recent boycotts can help us get a look into the net impact this will likely have on Bud Light. The failed“cancel Disney” attempts and Nike boycotts are barely even memorable today.

If anything, the campaign could be a rejuvenating move for the brand, which has reportedly “been in decline for a really long time,” according to Bud Light VP of marketing Alissa Heinerscheid. In a March 2023 interview with the Make Yourself at Home podcast, which was recently covered by CNN, Heinerscheid said, “If we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand, there will be no future for Bud Light.”

“We have seen that inclusive advertising, when done right, can certainly be a driver for brand success,” Howard says, citing“'win-win’ territories” for brands, in which owners can drive sales and growth while supporting a cause that they truly believe in.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Many have argued that Bud Light’s partnership with Mulvaney has caused the company to suffer, citing a 30 percent drop in sales that sources like Newsweek have pointed out are likely not tied to the campaign. The truth is, Bud Light will likely come out on the other side of the boycott doing just fine. In fact, according to experts, they might even be better for it.

Pedr Howard, Head of Creative Excellence at market research company Ipsos, tells Delish that most viral boycotts don’t actually impact brands negatively in the long run. “Sometimes [online backlash] can cause short-term losses, but any long-term losses are usually also linked to other factors,” Howard says. “In many cases, there is no loss and it can have a net positive effect.”

Howard says that “media hype and exposure can drive mass awareness, which in turn leads to more potential customers.” So, Bud Light could even be getting free air time and media impressions from the boycotters, who are keeping the brand at the top of consumers’ minds when they head out for a beer run.

Merely looking at the history of recent boycotts can help us get a look into the net impact this will likely have on Bud Light. The failed“cancel Disney” attempts and Nike boycotts are barely even memorable today.

If anything, the campaign could be a rejuvenating move for the brand, which has reportedly “been in decline for a really long time,” according to Bud Light VP of marketing Alissa Heinerscheid. In a March 2023 interview with the Make Yourself at Home podcast, which was recently covered by CNN, Heinerscheid said, “If we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand, there will be no future for Bud Light.”

“We have seen that inclusive advertising, when done right, can certainly be a driver for brand success,” Howard says, citing“'win-win’ territories” for brands, in which owners can drive sales and growth while supporting a cause that they truly believe in.

Look at the corporate cheerleader go.

Never seen a leftist that didn't love a massive corporation.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated

Am I the only who secretly loves Dylan? I think he's absolutely hilarious. He's like the Little Engine that Could.

kane

EOG master
Look at the corporate cheerleader go.

Never seen a leftist that didn't love a massive corporation.
Corporate cheerleader? LMAO, all I'm doing is pointing out how the alt right boycott of Bud won't do any long term damage to them, and in fact might end up being a positive for them

kane

EOG master
Am I the only who secretly loves Dylan? I think he's absolutely hilarious. He's like the Little Engine that Could.
I have no idea who he is, never heard of him until all this boycott nonsense by a bunch of transphobic snowflakes

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Corporate cheerleader? LMAO, all I'm doing is pointing out how the alt right boycott of Bud won't do any long term damage to them, and in fact might end up being a positive for them

How many corporations have you been shilling for in this thread alone?

Never ending. You're a fucking pawn, you dumb fucking mutt.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
I have no idea who he is, never heard of him until all this boycott nonsense by a bunch of transphobic snowflakes

Do you approve of laws that allow public schools to guide a child into hormone therapy/surgery/irreversible sterilization and not having to even notify the child's parents much less get their consent?

Maybe there's a reason people don't want mental illnesses like gender dysphoria normalized other than your retarded, leftist labels.

kane

EOG master
Talked to a bartender yesterday about the boycott, he said sales of bud products are way down.
I'm sure Anheuser Busch will be just fine in spite of the alt right transphobic snowflakes

The truth is, Bud Light will likely come out on the other side of the boycott doing just fine. In fact, according to experts, they might even be better for it.

boycotts don’t actually impact brands negatively in the long run.

In many cases, there is no loss and it can have a net positive effect.”

kane

EOG master
It's only a matter of time before the alt right snowflakes find something else that gets their collective panties in a bunch, and their boycott of Disney, M&M's, and Bud will soon be forgotten

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Talked to a bartender yesterday about the boycott, he said sales of bud products are way down.
We were WAYYY down at the bar this weekend. I do suspect it’ll be short-lived and everything will be close to normal within a month.

I have a problem with influencers in general, basically insecure hacks. It’ll be interesting what company hires this person next.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I'm sure Anheuser Busch will be just fine in spite of the alt right transphobic snowflakes

The truth is, Bud Light will likely come out on the other side of the boycott doing just fine. In fact, according to experts, they might even be better for it.

Generally agree, but it may have some long term consequences. People want M&M, Bud Light, etc because they like them. It’s the nonstop pressure to send social messages, it abandons what they do best. The irony is Trump Jr wanting the boycott to end because AB is a big donor. People are just as sick of that also. Bud light is the best selling beer at my bar. If I don’t sell it, I make less. I care more about that than a marketer messing with a proven seller to be inclusive.

mr merlin

EOG Master

They're a giant company with many beer brands, along with other products, so yea, they'll survive. However the fact is they are doing irreprable damage to the reputation of their main brand. Unless if they apologize, which I dont think they'll do, they'll be a weaker brand forever.

I'm under no illusion that they're going under because of people like me, I am CERTAIN however that my actions will deprive them of a small amount of money. I'm ok with that, coors light is almost the same.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
It's only a matter of time before the alt right snowflakes find something else that gets their collective panties in a bunch, and their boycott of Disney, M&M's, and Bud will soon be forgotten

Were you trying to list all of the corporations you've shilled for in this thread?

Or was that just an accident?

Those poor billionaire CEO's that have to deal with these boycotts. AMIRITE?

Valuist

EOG Master
Beer sales overall, have been falling. And now recent studies say there's no health benefits at all to even mild alcohol consumption. Taking college kids out of the equation, does anyone actually like Bud Light?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Beer sales overall, have been falling. And now recent studies say there's no health benefits at all to even mild alcohol consumption. Taking college kids out of the equation, does anyone actually like Bud Light?
I like watery, bland beer with no strong taste, the light beers fit the bill.