My Attention Whore World Cup Thread....Hall of Fame thread

Lawrence said:
damn, I am in freakin tears after seeing this...lmao...congrats DM

lol.....HEY I was about to put a picture of you and Lisa Perry on the sides of Milk Boxes looking for you. Hope you had a good birthday week.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
dmmd98 said:
As are the announcers at ESPN who are also green. Just awful everytime I hear them. In Canada we get lucky and get the world feed with the British play by play guy (just one guy no color guy just perfect commentary) The only ESPN guy I like is Tommy Smith. He knows what he is talking about it and it made me chuckle that up until a couple of years ago he was also a painter in the Conn area where ESPN found him.

As for the penalty kick comment. That is a good question. Its harder then it looks but if I had to give you a rough guess I would say about 85% of PK taken go in.

TY & all the best on your play later.

The General said:
Why do you feel sorry for me, Dmmd? I am as green as it gets with soccer.

Question: What is the percentage of penalty kicks that result in a score? They seem very easy in my little experience.

Thanks

Well General if you were watching the Ghana game they just missed a PK so in this world cup PK are going in at a 66% clip 2 out of 3.

The General said:
I seen it. I am really confused how that 1st attempt didn't count.

Ref didn't tell him to shoot it yet since he was still agrueing with the Czech players who were protesting the red card.

Petr Cech in goal for the Czech's has had the best goaltending performance ive seen in years. What a display.

dmmd98 said:
Petr Cech in goal for the Czech's has had the best goaltending performance ive seen in years. What a display.

OMG yeah.

Door is open for the US now. Can't wait to see them poo me out :(

JRock7997 said:
Does a draw for the US now help after Ghana pulling the upset?

Yes a draw would still keep them alive

Ghana
Italy
Czech Rep

Would all have 3 points

USA would have 1

So heading into the final game the USA would need to bet Ghana and hope either Italy beats the Czech's or vice versa now if Italy-Czech tie that would most likely hurt the states since even with USA, Italy and Czech having 4 points the USA 3-0 loss is going to hurt them with the goal difference would is the tie breaker.

The General said:
Dmmd, how long have you been betting on soccer?

I've followed international soccer since Euro 1984 my dad would take me into bars to watch the Portugal games. Ive been betting since the 2002 World Cup. I don't bet club team soccer.

The General

What is an example of club team soccer?

Congrats to the ghana bettors BTW. Good call on the under also Dmmd.

The General said:
What is an example of club team soccer?

Congrats to the ghana bettors BTW. Good call on the under also Dmmd.

Normal league soccer like Manchester United vs Cheslea in the English Premier League. So basically I only bet soccer every two years for the European championship and the World Cup.

kublahkhan

EOG Member
wanted to say thanks dm, was going to play czech until i read your post. first year watching world cup must say definitely enjoying it and new appreciation for the sport

kublahkhan said:
wanted to say thanks dm, was going to play czech until i read your post. first year watching world cup must say definitely enjoying it and new appreciation for the sport

Hey thanks for the post and welcome to the site. Glad you are enjoying Soccer. At some point I figured the books were bound to trap people with the heavy juice lines.

The General

dmmd98 said:
Hey thanks for the post and welcome to the site. Glad you are enjoying Soccer. At some point I figured the books were bound to trap people with the heavy juice lines.

And on the Saturday too when more people can bet and view the game. Welcome to wagering. :smoke

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated
Great job dmmd. I had the under and feel like I just robbed a bank. That Czech goalie could have given up 3 more goals and it still would have been the greatest performance I ever saw. What a great game.

PalmTree said:
Great job dmmd. I had the under and feel like I just robbed a bank. That Czech goalie could have given up 3 more goals and it still would have been the greatest performance I ever saw. What a great game.

I knew some people had the under and I was freaking out cause of that. That save by the Ghana goalie at the very end also when he jumped and barely pushed that header over the bar was amazing. 95 times out of 100 that goes in. Very lucky to get paid in that game.

MCP

what is up with all these guys faking injuries, what a disgrace , seem slike its a popular thing to do in soccer... but i guess you can equate it to flops in the NBA... just cant stand it

The General

Pinny is offering a ML of plus 175 and plus 235. Draw +160.

is betting both sides acceptable if you wanted?

a) That was not a red card. A clear yellow yes but not a red. However Mastroeni is an idiot he should of known that the ref was looking to even up the match. Just a stupid senseless foul. What a tool. Exciting game however.

Ref gave Eddie Pope his second yellow card which equals a red card so he is gone. The US is now playing with 9 men while italy has 10.