My Attention Whore World Cup Thread....Hall of Fame thread

Hey I make very few of these so don't bash me too hard. Anyway a copy of this are in the soccer forum but again I felt like being an attention whore today so I am posting this in the main forum. Just pretend its a tennis play or something.

For Today's games

Germany-Costa Rica over 2.5 -129

Costa Rica can score and can't stop anyone from scoring that is a good mix. Opening games of the World Cup have been low scoring in history but I hope this bucks that trend today.

Ecuador +0.5 -112 over Poland

Everytime I hear Poland lately I think of Jim Mora classic playoff rant but instead of playoffs!! PLAYOFFS!!! I hear Poland!! POLAND!!! this team isn't that good and while its basically going to be a home game for them and logic says go with them I feel good that Ecuador can make it a game and can atleast pull out a draw.

Here are my prop bets

Will Brazil win the World Cup

No -295 to win 100

I don't care what anyone says Brazil isn't winning the world cup. Too many chefs in the kitchen for that team. Ronaldo and Adriano are use to being the man upfront for there club teams and now there going to have to share alot of the same space. Ronaldinho and Kaka who are given free reign to roam around the entire midfield are going to have to stick there position and gasp even mark a man playing defense and Roberto Carlos and Cafu are 33 and 36 years ago neither are steller defensively. Plus the whole South American team has never won the World Cup in Europe deal is in my favour.

Team to advance farther

Portugal +123 over Spain

$50 to win $61.50

Just trust me on this ok

Yes No Group Winner Doubles

Will England and Portugal BOTH win there group

Yes +220

$50 to win $110

These are the teams I expect to roll thru the group stage. England, Brazil, Spain and Germany. I added Portugal cause I am a complete homer but at +220 I think its fair vaule since I believe England should have an easy go of it in the group stage

Will England and Brazil BOTH win there group

Yes +125

$50 to win $62.50

Will Brazil and Spain BOTH win there group

Yes +101

$50 to win $50.50

Total Group Points

Ecuador total group points Over 2.5 -156

-156 to win 100

I like Ecuador against Poland and I really like them against Costa Rica they win one of these two games and im paid in full like Eric B and Rakim would say.

France total group points under 6.5 +105

50 to win $52.50

I don't like the French team they have issues in Net, injury concerns, age concerns so i'll take a shot and hope either The Swiss or South Korea can take them out and win me this bet.

Yes/No Progress Props

Will Japan make it to the round of 16

Yes +313

$50 to win $156.50

The battle for second place in F is wide open to i'll take a shot and hope Japan can sneak thru

Total being risked $751

Consider me a long way from wanting to recover. I feel like a kid the night before x-mas again. I haven't slept all night just waiting for this day. It's been four long years. I hope you don't mind General

<TABLE class=module borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=670 border=0 rgfloat="440,600"><TBODY><TR class=moduletitle><TD align=left width=670 colSpan=6>Your wagers: </TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD width=520 colSpan=2>Wager </TD><TD width=50>Line</TD><TD width=50></TD><TD width=50>Risk</TD><TD width=50>To Win</TD></TR><TR class=modulebody><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap>Jun-9 12:00 PM</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>COSTA RICA/GERMANY Over</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>o2? -138</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left></TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>$370.00 <INPUT type=hidden size=8 value=370 name=BetAmount1></TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>$268.12</TD><INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=BetBuyPoints1> </TR><TR class=modulebody><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap>Jun-9 12:00 PM</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>GERMANY</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>-2 +140</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left></TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>$300.00 <INPUT type=hidden size=8 value=300 name=BetAmount2></TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>$420.00</TD><INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=BetBuyPoints2> </TR><TR class=modulebody><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap colSpan=3> </TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap> </TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>$670.00</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" noWrap align=left>$688.12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

THERE IS A LOT OF LUCK INVOLVED WHEN IT GETS DOWN TO THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS PLAY VERY TIGHT THEY PLAY NOT TO LOSE INSTEAD OF ALL OUT TO WIN:cheers

<TABLE class=module borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0 rgfloat="440,600"><TBODY><TR class=moduletitle><TD align=left colSpan=12>Straight ticket 4712858 submitted on 06/09/06 1:55 PM</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD>NSS</TD><TD noWrap>Game Date</TD><TD align=left>Selection</TD><TD noWrap align=left>Line, AP$/Cap</TD><TD align=left>Oppenent</TD><TD align=right>Risk</TD><TD align=right>To Win</TD><TD align=right> </TD><TD align=right> </TD><TD align=right> </TD></TR><TR class=modulebody><TD>103</TD><TD noWrap align=left>06/09/06 3:00 PM</TD><TD align=left>ECUADOR/POLAND Over</TD><TD noWrap align=left>o2? +140</TD><TD align=left> </TD><TD noWrap align=right>$500.00</TD><TD noWrap align=right>$700.00</TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR class=modulebody><TD>104</TD><TD noWrap align=left>06/09/06 3:00 PM</TD><TD align=left>POLAND</TD><TD noWrap align=left>-? +107</TD><TD align=left>ECUADOR</TD><TD noWrap align=right>$500.00</TD><TD noWrap align=right>$535.00</TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well this day couldn't work out better for me as Ecuador proved me right in showing that Poland isn't all that good so to tally it up for the day

Straight bets 2-0 +2 units

Prop Bets 1-0 +$100

Good morning as we head to day two of the World Cup just one more day before the real start to the World Cup.

England-Paraguary

This line is razor sharp and right on since books are not going to mess around during an England game. This is the way I see England's World Cup going. In the group stage England looks like World Beaters people are going to believe the hype and think England can win the world cup after 40 years yadda yadda yadda then in the knockout stage someone on that team makes a mistake and its back to England. So I have no bet on this game cause I already have two prop bets with needing England to win the group I have enough reason to cheer for England without exposing more of my bankroll. (however not that it matters but my prop bets are smaller then my straight game bets) I see England winning 1-0 maybe 2-0 if Paraguary opens the game up trying to tie it late that usually leads to a late goal for the other team ala Ecuador yesterday so if you were thinking about the under you have my blessing.

Trinadad and Tobago +1.5 and +2 +100 against Sweden. Give me two goals with most teams in the World team and ill seriously consider betting it so this is an offical bet. Styles are going to clash in this game and it should be an all around boring game but I like Trinadad to hold there own against Sweden who usually won't blow you out. I believe with this being Trinadad first ever world cup game that this team is going to make a showing of itself in this game making up for a lack of talent and hopefully lose 1-0 or hell even earn a tie less stress for me.

In the final game I was liking the over and actually still do but the over two goals -147 juice is scaring me off alittle since Argentina have no problem putting goals in the back of the net and the Ivory Coast will play with you and have the talent to score up front. However my offical bet is Argentina -.5 & -1 +100. This team has had to wait four years to do away with the awful showing in 2002 so I believe Argentina are going to be firing on all cylinders in this game and should get the result here as im looking for big things out of the likes of Lionei Messi in this game.

As an aside (or meaning you can stop reading now) I'm furious I won't get to watch this game since its my friends birthday of all days. I get a call at the end of the Poland game yesterday and its my friend going hey you going to so and so birthday tomorrow and im like oh fuck I can't back out of this one so anyone with MLB extra innings if you are watching the Blue Jays game and you see a promo for the World Cup showing some random guy in the stands wearing a Portugal jersey and hat that dork would be me. If that was a prop bet i'd set the line at +1000 they would show me and -1200 that they won't.

So to the people who are too lazy to read write ups

Trinadad and Tobago +1.5 and +2 +100 against Sweden

Argentina -.5 & -1 +100 against Ivory Coast

Hey dmmd, help me out w/ these crazy soccer lines! When Pinny offers the spread on games, its listed as '-0.5 and -1' or '-1 and-1.5' Which one is it? What am I missing here??

Smoke said:
Hey dmmd, help me out w/ these crazy soccer lines! When Pinny offers the spread on games, its listed as '-0.5 and -1' or '-1 and-1.5' Which one is it? What am I missing here??

Ask anything and I shall do my best to answer.

As for your question if you bet 100 on a set line

$50 goes to .5

and

$50 goes to -1

bacisally its split in half

Thanks, thats pretty cool, I wish other sports had this option. Anyway, I saw on CNN that wagering on the World Cup will be 20 times the amount that is bet in Vegas on the Super Bowl. 20 TIMES! Had to join the party lol.

Well good news in the form that the England game went just about how I expected it too. Bad news in the form that I didn't have a cent on it but thinking long term England got the 3 points so its looking good so far that they win the group now if Sweden can help me out by drawing Trinidad that would be helpful.

Now that Trinidad game was beautiful. It sets up perfectly for England to take the group in the next game. Hope Argentina can keep it going which sadly I won't get to see.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

..the only reason england won today is the other team scored for england; and couldn't put the puck in the correct goal..!!!

what a pissy team>>>tha Englishit..!!!

jmho

gl

:smokesmal

Another good day notwithstanding Ivory Coast's goal at the end to push the second half of my Argentina bet but all three games made my writeups look really smart.

Ok as for the grading just so there isn't any confusion every bet I make is to win one unit. (I've flipped flopped on this a couple of times but to make it simple I just flat bet one unit when tracking since I rarely fall in love with one play over another if I see vaule in my eyes in a couple of games ill bet it the same and hope I end up right) With the games today being split in two techincally I had two bets on the Trinidad game (one at +1.5 and +2 both of which won) and two bets on Argentina (one at -.5 and -1 one won and one pushed) So I techincally made four bets today at .5 units each going 3-0-1 +1.5 units (Both games were +100 so juice wasn't a factor here). Im not trying to pad my record since attention whoring thread aside im not lookng to impress anyone the thank you and good job posts are great but its all and only about me winning money. So if anyone has any confusion about the tracking feel free to ask me about it.

Updated record

Straight bets 5-0-1 +3.5 units

Prop Bets 1-0 +$100

See you tomorrow morning when the World Cup really starts.

Ok good morning. That is the friggin day. June 14 2002 is along time ago but to me I can remember it as yesterday and that was Portugal final World Cup game now I can finally put that day to rest as today Portugal plays Angola and im scared, nervous, excited, counting the hours and replying the Smiths song in my head "please, please, please, let me get want I want." You see this isn't like any other sports if you are a Miami heat fan and if they lose in the NBA final there is always next year. Well there is no next year now its more like there is always next decade and no team can pencil themsleves into the World Cup since it's very tough to even make it to the world cup. I had to wait 16 long years from 1986 to 2002 for Portugal to make it back to the World Cup so I take nothing for granted but I can't wait to see Portugal play the beautiful game this afternoon which of course is going on last so.

Yes I made you read that first and to contiune my long winded post. I feel amazing this morning you see I misplaced my wallet yesterday and there is no worse feeling then not knowing where your wallet is. I tore up my place yesterday looking for the damn thing with no luck so fast forward to today when I wake up one of the first things I do is seat down and in the back of my chair I find the damn thing. Now I feel good aside from the butterflies in my stomach what does that have to do with anything? Well it just makes me feel even better about this pick.....

Serbia and Montengro play in such a defensive shell that it makes Italy look like the Phoneix Suns of football since S&M will flood the midfield trying to stop any build up from the Netherlands who look play that style of game where they control the ball trying to exploit a mistake which hopefully few of those will happen. I just see a 1-0 win here for one of these teams since while anything can happen I just can't see 3 goals going in unless its one of those late goal deals like the Ivory Coast game when the game was pretty much decided.

So for the too lazy to read writeups crowd

Netherlands-Serbia&Montengro under 2 & 2.5 -130

I don't cap any of the group D game no way I can be objective. I just want to be a fan today and hope for the best.

Gosto de Portugal porque s?o bons e correr?o freneticamente todo sobre o arremesso, isto surgir?o grande hoje. Boa Sorte

:smoke :cheers

Well I wasn't a fan of the early goal by Robben who was head and shoulders above the rest of players out there. He was the only player who worried me the entire match. Netherlands played how I figured it would turn out. They got there mistake early and controlled the ball in midfield then replaced Rudd Van Nistelrooj there best goal scorer with 30 minutes left so in the end it couldn't of turned out better.

Ok im in homer fan mood for the rest of the day I can sit back and study the Mexico-Axis of evil match then go crazy at 3 o'clock with a team that I am a tad interested in takes the pitch. However if you want some more infomation if you have been watching the Argentina and Netherland games you'll notice that both teams backed off in the second half once the lead was in place. Portugal is NOT like that. If Portugal scores a goal they try to make it two goals once up two goals Steve Spurrier mode kicks in as they want a 3rd goal to prove the 2nd was no fluke. That coupled with the fact that Portugal is prone to defensive mistakes in big games and well you know what I am hinting at if you are smart and no that isn't an offical bet however here is the record thus far

Updated record

Straight bets 7-0-1 +4.5 units

Prop Bets 1-0 +$100

Reactions: Cee
Ok sadly the goal scoring stopped there but im happy Portugal got the three points. I can enjoy the rest of my night and cap it off by watching ECW return live on PPV. However I do find it ironic that the team I know the most about played not how I expect the game to go at all but there could be worse things in life. Til tomorrow.

Morning as we day into day 4 of the World Cup. A sense of relief is hanging over me and before I get to my picks for the day which well be in the post below i'm going to vent so you are welcome to ignore the rest of this post.
You see I like being Portuguese but boy let me be the first to tell you that I hate Portuguese people well atleast some. See in Toronto since all this city is a mix of cultures when your country wins a world cup game the streets in the area you represent go wild I mean like crazy. While it doesn't do it total justice if you want to watch a new clip of what im talking about click the link below.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/HTMLTempl...20060611.00149000-00149383-clip1&subhub=video

If anything the female reporter is pretty hot. Now the reason I am venting is because in the mist of Portugal winning yesterday a group of drunken dumb fucks outside of a bar start agrueing over the result and get into a brawl there are two reports one of them had an english man in the middle of it but most of the report says it was a group of Portuguese people agrueing over the result which resulted in about 3 of those people getting stabbed by broken beer bottles and a couple of Police officers getting punched. I mean seriously how stupid can you be and now they tarnish a victory instead of hearing about Portugal I have to hear about these idiots today. Another reason why I watch soccer by my damn self I refuse to have any long talks about Soccer, Politics and Religion cause people think they know it all about all three.

Ok below is a youtube clip of the Portuguese national anthem from before the Portugal-England game two years ago. Viewing the clip makes me feel good.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwsQylJLZ2I"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwsQylJLZ2I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ok now back to business

[SIZE=-1]Australian-Japan

Well if you woke up early to have action on this game a) im flattered and b) im sorry to disappoint because I have no clue what to make of this game so im staying on the side lines since I have Japan as one of my prop bets so I already have enough of a vested interest in this game. However I don't see how Australian or the Croatia B team as I like to call it since half the players are from there are -130 favs in this game I feel that is a tad high but still not enough vaule on the Japan side to play this game even the pk & +0.5 -120 line for Japan isn't doing much for me since I can see either team winning a 2-1 match so the over does appeal to me but I don't want to start the day with a loss over a game im not sure of so no offical bet here.

USA-Czech Republic

I don't love team USA but I do respect them and more to the point I think Bruce Arena is a great coach. The Czech's are everyone's cute pick to go far and its easy to see why with having a superstar player in Goal, Defense, Midfield and up front however I sense the Czech's are going to be nervous making there first world cup since 1990 so there is a chance team USA who have been here before can strike and break thru early so at a line like +.5 -111 I see vaule in the good ole USA since a draw can also easily happen. Another thing to consider is that the American team is on fresh legs since the MLS has just started where as the Czech players have all gone thru 8 months of playing with there club teams in Europe so the Americans should have an edge when it comes to fitness.

Ghana-Italy

Boy Italy is getting no respect here which doesn't make me sad since Italy and more to the point Italian fans are my natural rivals so if Italy were to lose I wouldn't cry over it but its not going to happen. Ghana is good and will play with Italy but im thinking people are going to be Ghana over the turmoil with Italian national team and the soccer scandal going on back home. If people thnk Italy is going to fold cause of this you don't know Italians. Ego is everything to that team so instead of having this break them apart I feel this is going to bring them closer together since this Italian team is going to come into the game with a huge chip on its shoulder and adding to that is the fact they want to erase the memory of a sub par WC 2002 and euro 2004 campaigns so im going with Italy in this matchup -.5 & -1 +107 also the Italy -1 +152 line also has that magic word "value"

So for the too lazy to read write ups crowd

USA +.5 -111 over Czech Republic

Italy -.5 & -1 +107 over Ghana

[/SIZE]

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
good stuff DMMD...I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort you are putting into this...I will play USA for a little, based on your write-up, and my sense of nationalism..good luck