2021 NFC Championship Game (Bucs v Packers)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Packers opened 4 and 52 at William Hill.

Current numbers show Packers -4 and 51.

Any thoughts?

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
Figured between 3.5 and 4.5. Hard to play the total without knowing the weather. The Packers are a different team than last year’s but then Niners ran the ball down Green Bay’s throat. I think Tampa has a much better shot at winning a ball control game than getting into a shootout in Green Bay. Think the Packers win and cover. Just seems like Aaron Rodgers’ turn this time. GB 28-20.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Bucs gave them a spanking earlier in the year....I think Green Bay returns the favor....

Final score: Bucs 38 Packers 10.

Researching the game now.

Who knew Week 6 of the 2020 NFL season would produce BOTH the AFC and NFC Championship Game matchups?

The Packers closed a 2.5-point road favorite with a total of 55 in the regular season meeting.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
In the Week 6 meeting, Green Bay scored the game's first 10 points before Tampa Bay reeled off 38 consecutive points.

Green Bay with 10 first-quarter points and Tampa Bay answered with 28 second-quarter points.

The second half appears to have been a controlled scrimmage won by the Bucs, 10-0.

The fourth quarter went scoreless.

MrTop

EOG Master
green bay with an extra day rest & did not travel for championship game

so if tampa wins they go home to play the super bowl vs chiefs or buf, Has it ever got this close before? 1 win away for a team to have the super bowl at home.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
green bay with an extra day rest & did not travel for championship game

so if tampa wins they go home to play the super bowl vs chiefs or buf, Has it ever got this close before? 1 win away for a team to have the super bowl at home.

Hmmm...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Looks like the Vikings after the 2017 NFL regular season came the closest of all to hosting a Super Bowl game (SB LII) at their home stadium.

Minny had the miracle win over the Saints in New Orleans in the NFC Divisional Round but then fell the following week to the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game.

Final score: Eagles 38 Vikings 7.

MrTop

EOG Master
did they say how many will be allowed to see the game at the stadium? all the tickets won't go to tampa if they won though i guess.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Tampa Bay averaged 14,483 fans for its eight home games this season or about 22 percent of the stadium’s capacity.

Looks like a similar number could witness Super Bowl LV though nothing has been announced just yet.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Tampa Bay averaged 14,483 fans for its eight home games this season or about 22 percent of the stadium’s capacity.

Looks like a similar number could witness Super Bowl LV though nothing has been announced just yet.
It always baffled me how the state with the 4th most Chinese virus deaths held venue one of the largest capacities for fans to attend.

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
TB has little chance to win in GB. Rodgers is in his prime, whereas Brady is well past it.

It always baffled me how the state with the 4th most Chinese virus deaths held venue one of the largest capacities for fans to attend.
Republican governor. Also, Florida residents don't value life nearly as highly as in other areas.

Looks like the Vikings after the 2017 NFL regular season came the closest of all to hosting a Super Bowl game (SB LII) at their home stadium.

Minny had the miracle win over the Saints in New Orleans in the NFC Divisional Round but then fell the following week to the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game.

Final score: Eagles 38 Vikings 7.

Rams played in and hosted SB vs. Steelers at Rose Bowl, though not home stadium. The Rams had so many tixs (participating team and home team) that owner Georgia Frontiere's husband, Dominic, scalped the hell out of the extra tixs and spent 9 months in jail for failing to report the income. I'm sure that Murray's Tixs and Railbird were involved in this scheme.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
TB has little chance to win in GB. Rodgers is in his prime, whereas Brady is well past it.

Republican governor. Also, Florida residents don't value life nearly as highly as in other areas.

Rams played in and hosted SB vs. Steelers at Rose Bowl, though not home stadium. The Rams had so many tixs (participating team and home team) that owner Georgia Frontiere's husband, Dominic, scalped the hell out of the extra tixs and spent 9 months in jail for failing to report the income. I'm sure that Murray's Tixs and Railbird were involved in this scheme.

Rail would have been about 12-13 then. He was still dominating 12-YO’s in little league.

It's all in how you look at the numbers, Florida has roughly 5 million people over the age of 65. That's more than the entire population of 26 individual states. The fact that they only rank 4th is pretty damn impressive.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
It's all in how you look at the numbers, Florida has roughly 5 million people over the age of 65. That's more than the entire population of 26 individual states. The fact that they only rank 4th is pretty damn impressive.

Yeah, Florida is 3rd in overall population as well. Considering as well the elderly bias, ranking 4th is much better than expected.

railbird

EOG Master
Is Leftwhich smart enough to give it to Ronald Jones 27 times? doubt it, your ego is not your amigo, gronk is washed up, brady looks average

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Is Leftwhich smart enough to give it to Ronald Jones 27 times? doubt it, your ego is not your amigo, gronk is washed up, brady looks average
If Jones gets 27 carries, they will win. His usage is puzzling. His fumbling issues certainly do not help. Gronk is done.

Both these teams would already be out of the playoffs in the AFC. 2 vastly overrated defenses, 2 HOF QBs and it doesn't look like wind is going to be an issue at all. OVER 50.5 is out there right now and I would grab it while you still can.

Last edited:
Just need one of these 2 teams to shine, hoping for a blowout one way are another so we can get some more juicy value on the AFC winner.

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted

Leftwich's dad, the late George "Honey Bear" Leftwich, played alongside Wally (Wali) Jones in Villanova's backcourt in the early 60s. Leftwich injured his knee in a car accident slowing him immeasurably before Billy Melchionni arrived to take playing time. Honey Bear was a high school teammate of John Thompson on a great Archbishop Carroll squad. in DC.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Leftwich's dad, the late George "Honey Bear" Leftwich, played alongside Wally (Wali) Jones in Villanova's backcourt in the early 60s. Leftwich injured his knee in a car accident slowing him immeasurably before Billy Melchionni arrived to take playing time. Honey Bear was a high school teammate of John Thompson on a great Archbishop Carroll squad. in DC.

Wally Jones From The 1967 NBA Champs Philly 76ers.

Also, From Over Brook High in Philly, Who a Few Years Earlier Had Produced Wilt Chamberlain.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Weather could limit some scoring this weekend in both the AFC and NFC Championship Games.

That will not be the case Super Bowl Sunday in Tampa.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Okay.

Thanks Ruca.

I read about possible snow in Green Bay and rain in Kansas City.

A high of 27 in Green Bay and 43 in Kansas City.

But it looks like the conditions will not be a factor.

The wind in Buffalo really influenced play last Saturday in the Bills-Ravens game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Looks like the Tampa Bay-Green Bay pointspread is an example of a price where -3 on the favored home team is not enough and +3.5 on the visiting underdog is too much.