2023 MLB

Heim

EOG Master
Halos Rendon has missed most of the season with injuries or suspensions. Now placed on 60 Day IL with the same shin contusion. He never began any baseball activities.

Translation: He gone!

Valuist

EOG Master
Halos Rendon has missed most of the season with injuries or suspensions. Now placed on 60 Day IL with the same shin contusion. He never began any baseball activities.

Translation: He gone!

Given his injury history, I can't see him getting anything more than a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.

Heim

EOG Master
White Sox house cleaning has began. Williams VP out and GM Hahn

Geez, couldn't wait until the end of the season...

Valuist

EOG Master
White Sox house cleaning has began. Williams VP out and GM Hahn

Geez, couldn't wait until the end of the season...
Saw one headline the team considering relocating. I know they were considering Tampa in the early 90s; before the Rays. I would have to think Nashville or Charlotte could be possibilities IF that was to happen.

Heim

EOG Master
So Ohtani called out Halo training staff after 5 batters GM 1 this afternoon. They say arm fatigue after a 2 week rest.

It could be something more serious. Will he pitch again this year? I'm thinking -110 either way. 🤷

I posted he looked very average versus Giants weeks ago, buyer beware.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
So Ohtani called out Halo training staff after 5 batters GM 1 this afternoon. They say arm fatigue after a 2 week rest.

It could be something more serious. Will he pitch again this year? I thinking -110 either way. 🤷

Give me the No for the limit….but the way I’m going, he probably doesn’t miss a turn

Heim

EOG Master
So Ohtani has torn his UCL again. Halos have a tough decision. He's going to have recurring arm issues. Is he worth 50mil plus as a hitter?

Valuist

EOG Master
So Ohtani has torn his UCL again. Halos have a tough decision. He's going to have recurring arm issues. Is he worth 50mil plus as a hitter?

And a DH at that. Still the AL MVP this year even if he doesn't play another game. But the contract expectations have to be adjusted big. Don't see $400 million if he can;t pitch.

Heim

EOG Master
Interesting development yesterday in Padre game....a foreign substance was found on the back of Padre pitcher Suarez glove hand.

Ejected immediately....it hurts Padre bullpen. He's their 8th inning guy, suspended for 10 games.

Suarez said it was sunblock. )

Heim

EOG Master
Prob not, as a hitter he's worth a measly $40 million.

I'm sure his agent will try to convince him to give up pitching, if he has TJ surgery again he's out as a hitter next year too.

Big dilemma because you know Ohtani was to continue to pitch.

I doubt the Halos will re-sign him now. Big money and his bat isn't going to take them anywhere again.

In other news, looks like Trout is done too, Back on IL.

kane

EOG master
that Lopez guy is certainly good but IMO it was a horrible trade
Wrong Comrade, not even close to being a horrible trade, Pablo Lopez has pitched very well this year, 9-6 3.51 1.100, he's in the AL top 10 in ERA, WHIP, K's, and War, the trade is a win/win for both teams. You want a horrible trade, how about sending Spencer Steer and Christian Encarnacion-Strand to the Reds for Tyler Mahle

mr merlin

EOG Master
Wrong Comrade, not even close to being a horrible trade, Pablo Lopez has pitched very well this year, 9-6 3.51 1.100, he's in the AL top 10 in ERA, WHIP, K's, and War, the trade is a win/win for both teams. You want a horrible trade, how about sending Spencer Steer and Christian Encarnacion-Strand to the Reds for Tyler Mahle
nope, i'll take arreiz all day every day.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I'm sure his agent will try to convince him to give up pitching, if he has TJ surgery again he's out as a hitter next year too.

Big dilemma because you know Ohtani was to continue to pitch.

I doubt the Halos will re-sign him now. Big money and his bat isn't going to take them anywhere again.

In other news, looks like Trout is done too, Back on IL.
dont care about trout anymore, he used to be my favorite player too.

Heim

EOG Master
Dusty notorious for leaving pitchers in too long, takes Valdez out after 7, no hitter in progress, and bullpen promptly losses game

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's an example of how flawed average exit velocity is as a statistic:

Luis Arraez is ranked 201st in avg exit velo at 88 mph
Joey Gallo is ranked 9th in avg exit velo at 93.3 mph

Who would you rather have in your lineup? They need to re-work this stat and penalize hitters for swing and miss.

Heim

EOG Master
The Los Angeles Angels have placed starting pitcher Lucas Giolito, relief pitchers Matt Moore, Dominic Leone, and Reynaldo López, and outfielders Hunter Renfroe and Randal Grichuk on waivers, according to ESPN's Jeff Passan.

Renfroe & Grichuk are in the lineup tonight 🤔

Heim

EOG Master
I hate fading the Dodgers because Betts and Freeman kill me out of the box....

Is there a more potent duo on top of a order in baseball?

With that being said, if you play the player prop for a homerun to be hit usually the lowest
odds on the team is Muncy.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I hate fading the Dodgers because Betts and Freeman kill me out of the box....

Is there a more potent duo on top of a order in baseball?

With that being said, if you play the player prop for a homerun to be hit usually the lowest
odds on the team is Muncy.

Some stat I heard (forgot what it was) ranked those two as the best 1-2 batters in the history of baseball