2nd Half NBA Value

BADLIEUTENANT

EOG Enthusiast
I think the correlation between halftime scores & the final game scores would be less in the NBA than in NFL football .Scoring is so volitile in the NBA & runs & momentum change happen so often compared to the NFL .Seems this would mean more value is available with 2nd half NBA lines than in football as the score @ halftime has less meaning .Any thoughts &\or data to prove or disprove this theory ?

Example :Spurs closed @ -5.5 or -6 vs Bulls @ Chicago tonite .Was too busy & didn't play the game but got the Bulls +1 @ OLY for 2nd half while the Spurs held a 50-42 halftime lead .Spurs pulled out an 9 point overtime victory that was a definite bad beat for those who spotted Bulls value before tipoff .While my halftime play pushed because the Spurs would have had to win by 10+ to beat me .

Would think this happens much more,especially concerning home teams mounting comebacks in the 2nd half & also think certain coaches,players &\or teams have a propensity to do this more than others .Any thoughts,stats or data on this subject would be appreciated .

On another note,Omnivorous Frog & a few others are putting up some good writeups & picks in the NBA section for those interested .The "Frog" shows traits of long term value .GLTA