40 and Over

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I credit the late sports handicapper Dave Malinsky for researching "minutes played" before the term and concept "load management" was born.

Malinsky constantly mentioned the workload of NBA players at a time when the NBA was regularly scheduling back-to-back games and sets of four games in five nights.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The 5 Cavs starters in last nights game played between 40 and 44 minutes.

Cleveland dressed only eight players.

The three subs played a combined total of only 36 minutes with D. Wade logging only two minutes.

Too bad for the Cavs that D. Wade was not Dwyane Wade but rather Dean Wade, a 24-year-old forward out of Kansas State.

Dean Wade has played more games for the Canton Charge of the G-League than the Cleveland Cavs of the NBA.

EOG contributor KANE will be glad to see that I spelled D-Wade's hard-to-spell first name correctly.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Knicks had 10 players available.

The five starters played between 20-38 minutes, the five subs played between 10-28 minutes.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Cleveland 106 New York 103.

The quarter scores show an incredibly close game.

Cleveland outscored New York 28-25 in the first quarter and 26-23 in the fourth quarter.

The Knicks won the second quarter (30-29) and the third quarter (25-23).

However, Cleveland led 80-68 before New York went on a 16-0 spurt to take an 84-80 lead.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Cleveland caught a break when their games this Sunday and Monday were canceled due to COVID-19 issues involving the Washington Wizards in D.C.

The Nets visit Cleveland Wednesday and Friday of next week.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Knicks travel to Boston to play the Celtics on Sunday.

New York now has lost five straight games.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dwayne is the preferred spelling in the southern United States.

Duane is more common in northern states like Michigan, Minnesota and North Dakota.

Wade's first name, Dwyane, is the most common misspelled name in all of sports, according to a 2014 survey conducted by The Wall Street Journal.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I knew the Cavs were the right side Friday because on Daily Wager Anita Marks made the Knicks her BB saying they shoulda been favored by more than 2 and they would kill the Cavs. As soon as I heard that I knew Cavs were the right side. She is the best fade out there

I like what the Cavs are doing. They have embraced the right role for the moment, developing guys who are going to be good base for whenever they get an all-star player whether that's a free agent, trade or draft. The few veterans they got are good to fill up the stat sheet and keep them from getting blown out every night, but not so good that they get in the dreaded middle where they are going to draft at the bottom of the lottery.