5.5-magnitude earthquake rattles Northern California

Valuist

EOG Master
100 miles east of Bakersfield

I was near that area around New Year's. I-80 wasn't an option with shutdowns due to snow so had to head south to Bakersfield then east on several state roads to get to I-40 in Barstow. I remember stopping for gas in a town called Tehachapi that had to be pretty close to the quake.

kane

EOG master
Florida..no

Blue, we have some of the best weather in the country, I own one jacket, I wear it maybe three times a year, I live in shorts year round. There's only one negative, during this time of year it's really hot and humid, and we also get frequent afternoon showers, but Summers are hot everywhere. During the Fall, Winter, and Spring, the weather is perfect.

Valuist

EOG Master
Blue, we have some of the best weather in the country, I own one jacket, I wear it maybe three times a year, I live in shorts year round. There's only one negative, during this time of year it's really hot and humid, and we also get frequent afternoon showers, but Summers are hot everywhere. During the Fall, Winter, and Spring, the weather is perfect.

CA doesn't have Florida's humidity or bugs. Besides the weather, CA also has amazing scenery.

blueline

EOG Master
Humidity and I don't get along. Years ago I went to SoFl planning to stay a couple of months searching for a horse to buy. It was during the summer...I lasted about a week and a half.I was taking 2-3 showers a day.
I know it gets hot everywhere but southern humidity...no thanks

kane

EOG master
Humidity and I don't get along. Years ago I went to SoFl planning to stay a couple of months searching for a horse to buy. It was during the summer...I lasted about a week and a half.I was taking 2-3 showers a day.
I know it gets hot everywhere but southern humidity...no thanks

It just depends on what your used to, personally I'll take humidity over cold any day, down here a cold Winter's day is when it drops to the low 60's, no way I could deal with cold, snow, and ice

blueline

EOG Master
it does come down to what youre used to ...if its sunny and in the 30s good chance Im not wearing a coat

Valuist

EOG Master
It just depends on what your used to, personally I'll take humidity over cold any day, down here a cold Winter's day is when it drops to the low 60's, no way I could deal with cold, snow, and ice

I agree I will take heat and humidity over bitter cold, and snow, any day. Florida is great in wintertime. IMO it just doesn't compare to CA year round for weather.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I agree I will take heat and humidity over bitter cold, and snow, any day. Florida is great in wintertime. IMO it just doesn't compare to CA year round for weather.
I don’t think I could handle another winter like last year.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
How close was this to Bakersfield? Sounds like they were fortunate to have no fatalities. Apparently Kern County had a 7.3 years ago and 12 people died.

Not very. But close enough to feel it there. I live near Disneyland and felt it an felt it good. The whole house shook and for some time

best states

1. calif. best weather in USA
2. Nevada sports books & no rain

Best weather doesnt come close to overcoming all the negative shit that has come with that place over the past 12-15 years. Go to Florida deal with some humidity and nothing close to the bullshit Ca has.

MrTop

EOG Master
Best weather doesnt come close to overcoming all the negative shit that has come with that place over the past 12-15 years. Go to Florida deal with some humidity and nothing close to the bullshit Ca has.

florida only good if you stay indoors. The rain comes every 15 minutes... the bugs are bigger than cars and if you have a yard forget it. You have an amphibious attack of frogs , small reptiles and Godzilla the gator shows up.

Gimme SD or Newport beach or LA area. then off the bench gimme vegas. Now you have women on one side and sports books on the other. win win .