A different sort of question!Who is your favorite COLLEGE player of all time (Hoops)

dirty

EOG Master
Re: A different sort of question!Who is your favorite COLLEGE player of all time (Hoops)

They Lost every year in the Great 8... 2 of them by 2 points...They lost to Louisville one year I believe, GT and Nova also.... Hammonds was unstoppable in College and had a decent career with Denver in the NBA....

They called Scott, Oliver and Anderson "Lethal Weapon 3" .... I can Honestly say that Scott was the Best Pure Long range shooter I have ever seen in College.. Not cause he went to Tech either... you had to pick him up at half court....he could beat you from anywhere... and he singlehandedly beat many teams... he was very deceptively quick for his size... They had a good Center too... a Tall lanky Fucker like Sally that didn't get the respect of Salley, but was almost as good... I am too tired to look it up...but he could block shots with the best of them

dirty

EOG Master
Re: A different sort of question!Who is your favorite COLLEGE player of all time (Hoops)

You also have to remember the players that Duke, UNC, NCState, UVA, and Maryland had in the early to late 80's as well...

I am not going to list them as their are too many, but thinking back.. I don't think there was much difference in any of those 5 listed and GT during those ERA's except Probably Coaching in Big games. Talent wise they were all pretty damn Close....

Journeyman

EOG Master

You also have to remember the players that Duke, UNC, NCState, UVA, and Maryland had in the early to late 80's as well...

I am not going to list them as their are too many, but thinking back.. I don't think there was much difference in any of those 5 listed and GT during those ERA's except Probably Coaching in Big games. Talent wise they were all pretty damn Close....

No question about it, they all were very loaded and the league was so tight....some of those teams Md had would have easily beat the Md National Champ team from 2002, no question about it.

The Md program died with Len Bias in 1986 though, but up until then they were right there from the early 70's to the mid 80's

NC State, great all thru the 70's and into 80's

UNC, of course great pretty much from mid 70's on

Duke came on strong in late 70's and then when K got there in the mid 80s til presenet time

Va was good to real good at times, not really an elite team accept for the Sampson years.

G Tech came into the league and took their lumps early, they had a player I believe his name was Brooke Steppe, something like , but other than him they were outclassed until Mark Price arrived and then Tech became a top teir team with Bobby bringing in top players.

Clemson was always towards the bottom, they had mild success with Jim Nance and Billy Williams.

Wake was also for the most part middle of pack to below average.

It was a great league , just not what it was, with the Big East expansion and adding FSU...the conference tournament was as big as it got ! I went to the ACC tournament one year when it was down at The Omni , the yr NC State won it all...All I remember about the outside of The Omni was we walked thru a shopping mall to get to it...does that make any sense? That is how I remember it though.

You ever heard of Pitty Pat's Porch? :+clueless some restaurant I remember going to in Atl that yr.

We also saw Dick Vitale the first night there eating in the same restaurant...this was when Dick V was still fresh and somewhat new.

dirty

EOG Master

The Mall you are talking about is the World Congress Center Atrium now... It has about any damn thing you want... it was more spread out and was redone after the GA Dome was Built and the OMNI Demolished...then Philips was built and they Tied it into the WCC differently....Not the High End Restuarants in that part now as they are on the other side of the WCC along with Jocks and Jills near the Dome....

I never remembered the Pitty Pat's Porch... but I can only Imagine how ATL was with the ACC tourney there....

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Judging by the lists I see it looks to be more of a popularity contest instead of your "favorite"

Vernon Maxwell - Florida Gators
Teddy Dupay - Florida Gators

Journeyman

EOG Master

Judging by the lists I see it looks to be more of a popularity contest instead of your "favorite"

Vernon Maxwell - Florida Gators
Teddy Dupay - Florida Gators

for some maybe but not all.

:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

The Mall you are talking about is the World Congress Center Atrium now... It has about any damn thing you want... it was more spread out and was redone after the GA Dome was Built and the OMNI Demolished...then Philips was built and they Tied it into the WCC differently....Not the High End Restuarants in that part now as they are on the other side of the WCC along with Jocks and Jills near the Dome....

I never remembered the Pitty Pat's Porch... but I can only Imagine how ATL was with the ACC tourney there....

I looked it up online the place still exists, it was suppose to be well known and a must visit, I don't remember it being anything special.

I do remember seeing old Fulton Co stadium and being in the tower building overlooking Atlanta...great time,great ACC tourney that yr... flew down and all.

:cool:

Ace

EOG Veteran

ucla bruins

walton
rowe
wicks

i think jon vallely and lynn shackelford

Pigpen

EOG Veteran

Sydney Moncrief

dirty

EOG Master
Re: A different sort of question!Who is your favorite COLLEGE player of all time (Hoo

Re: A different sort of question!Who is your favorite COLLEGE player of all time (Hoo

I looked it up online the place still exists, it was suppose to be well known and a must visit, I don't remember it being anything special.

I do remember seeing old Fulton Co stadium and being in the tower building overlooking Atlanta...great time,great ACC tourney that yr... flew down and all.

:cool:

It may well exist... No doubt... but many places from back then are still around but have been out of the limelight for many years for many reasons from Change of Owners, Growth of Atlanta ETC.... The Tower you are talking about sitting in and overlooking ATL is not even Visible on the Horizon anymore.... Amazing How much Atlanta has changed just in the last 10 years even

Journeyman

EOG Master

It may well exist... No doubt... but many places from back then are still around but have been out of the limelight for many years for many reasons from Change of Owners, Growth of Atlanta ETC.... The Tower you are talking about sitting in and overlooking ATL is not even Visible on the Horizon anymore.... Amazing How much Atlanta has changed just in the last 10 years even

Yeah I remember being up at the top...I think it MAY have been on the news this past week, when those storms hit.

Then again maybe NOT if you say it isn't even visable anymore! WOW!
It has been 25 years though, Jesus! :doh1

:smokesmalPISTOL PETE--AND ALVIN HAYES--WHAT A GAME IN PLAYED AGAINST UCLA IN THE ASTRODOME.:smokesmal