A peek at what LeBron James would have looked like in college

kane

EOG master
Pippen once said, "I was LeBron James before LeBron James."

I LOVED Pippen's game.

But I don't care for Pippen off the court.

Same situation holds for guys like Dennis Rodman and Ron Artest (aka Metta World Peace).

Uh, no he wasn't. Pippen was a good player on offense and great defensively, but there's never been a LeBron James before LeBron James, there's never been a player quite like him, and for all of the great things about Zion, he's not LeBron either, I don't think we'll ever see another LeBron

railbird

EOG Master
Jordan bird and magic teammates loved playing with each other, lebron is opposite, kyrie among others dislike him

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
For being such a great passer, LeBron's teammates rarely rave about playing with him.

Birdie makes a good point.

Heim

EOG Master
The more I see of him the more he reminds me of former Wake Forest great Rodney Rodgers.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
For being such a great passer, LeBron's teammates rarely rave about playing with him.

Birdie makes a good point.

Where do you two come up with this shit? They are effusive in thier praise of LBJ. I think the majority of his Laker teammates consider him The GOAT and Kyrie specifically has said he learned a ton from LBJ and once called him Beethoven for how he conducts a game. NBA legends, Bird, Ewing, etc have all said they would rather play w/ LBJ than MJ becuase they like to shoot.

Stop siding w/ morons, it's not a good look for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The more I see of him the more he reminds me of former Wake Forest great Rodney Rodgers.

Interesting comparison.

Rogers was ACC Player of the Year in the 1992-93 season.

Flopped in the NBA.

Now paralyzed from the neck down after a 2008 dirt bike accident.

I don't think Williamson will flop at the next level.

But in terms of size and style of play and being left-handed, I like the comparison between Rogers and Williamson.

I was trying to think of contemporary left-handed power players but the list is not too long: Michael Cage, Wayman Tisdale, Josh Smith, Zach Randolph and Derrick Coleman.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I added "contemporary" to my description to avoid listing Bill Russell, Artis Gilmore and Willis Reed to my list of left-handed power players.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Where do you two come up with this shit? They are effusive in thier praise of LBJ. I think the majority of his Laker teammates consider him The GOAT and Kyrie specifically has said he learned a ton from LBJ and once called him Beethoven for how he conducts a game. NBA legends, Bird, Ewing, etc have all said they would rather play w/ LBJ than MJ becuase they like to shoot.

Stop siding w/ morons, it's not a good look for you.

I was thinking about guys like Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson and Chris Bosh, who sometimes feuded with LBJ on and off the court.

Many are comparing to Shawn Kemp. It makes sense.

I like the Zach Randolph comparison. if Zion can develop some of Randolph's low post skills he will be a game changer.