All the 40-year-old quarterbacks are losing

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I didn't see the typical sideline fire sometimes displayed by Tom Brady.

Appeared subdued.

I think the answer is to have off-season leagues to develop QBs. Teams and their fanbases don't have the patience to let guys develop on the job. If the young guy had an offseason or two to show development against other professional players in NFL type systems thenI think you would see a lot more rational changing of the guard.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I think the answer is to have off-season leagues to develop QBs. Teams and their fanbases don't have the patience to let guys develop on the job. If the young guy had an offseason or two to show development against other professional players in NFL type systems thenI think you would see a lot more rational changing of the guard.
QB play should get better in the next 5-10 years. 4-5 star recruits are transferring like never before and getting to play immediately. Joe Burrow would be sitting at OSU, instead he leaves and is a heisman winner with a very bright NFL future. .

QB play should get better in the next 5-10 years. 4-5 star recruits are transferring like never before and getting to play immediately. Joe Burrow would be sitting at OSU, instead he leaves and is a heisman winner with a very bright NFL future. .

Yeah that should help too. Still lots of guys who are great at college are held back by the offensive systems, especially the differences in rules for RPO

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

NFL Europe was a bust.

Amazingly, the spring developmental league lasted 16 years and lost about $30 million per year before folding in 2007.

NFL Europe was a bust.

Amazingly, the spring developmental league lasted 16 years and lost about $30 million per year before folding in 2007.

It was in Europe before the sport had any foundation. Plus look at how NFL crazed we are now, tens of millions of us watch the goddamn Draft for goodness sakes, that certainly wasn't common 15 years ago. All these failed football league competitors make people think it won't work, but you just have to have the NFL on board and use some of their talent and coaches. At some point they will be, they have to see how well the NBA is doing with Summer League and the G-League. Yeah it probably will come with some losses upfront, but I'm certain in the long run the NFL will make lots of money and have a better product if they do it. And maybe it will end some of the NCAA charade, these graduate transfers sure seem to be eating at the spirit of the game.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
NFL is number one in America. You can go into a bar, at a house with any man in it, a restaurant...

And football will be on the TV on Sunday.