Anybody better than Mike Trout in MLB?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Check out the voting Rail....MLB controls it now for the most part...

Fans don’t have much pull anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Check out the voting Rai....MLB controls it now for the most part...

Fans don’t have much pull anymore
Up here they had a promotion, vote 5 times and you'll get a $10 ticket in july. I've never liked the theory that fans should flood the ballot box with votes for their own inferior players.

kane

EOG master
At his current pace, Mike Trout would finish the season with:

165 hits
134 walks
129 runs
35 doubles
52 home runs
131 RBI's
14 stolen bases
and an OPS of 1.124

mr merlin

EOG Master

165 hits
134 walks
129 runs
35 doubles
52 home runs
131 RBI's
14 stolen bases
and an OPS of 1.124
Hows harper doing? I imagine he's nipping at Trouts heels, right?

A buddy asked me yesterday if I thought Harper would make it to the hall of fame? i laughed.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

165 hits
134 walks
129 runs
35 doubles
52 home runs
131 RBI's
14 stolen bases
and an OPS of 1.124

The OPS of 1.124 is outstanding.

MLB OPS average this season is .755.

Trout's career OPS is 1.000.

Bellinger's career OPS is .932 and Yelich's is .865.

Last edited:

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Anyone who argues Trout isn’t the best player in the game doesn’t know anything about baseball

Absolutely. And if he stays relatively healthy, Trout has a great shot to be considered the GOAT position player.

On a side note, when these types of discussions come up, I laugh at a thread at TheRx a couple of years ago. It was the year Bryce Harper was killing it. The discussion was who was better between Harper and Trout. So many people are myopic and watch too much Sportscenter. To compare the two, even in that particular year was laughable.

MrTop

EOG Master
harper has a better beard , gets thrown out of more games & screws up more than trout in the field. In my book trout would have to excel in these area's first.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
PS - Trout so much better the last 5 years or so than anyone else it's embarrassing to compare.

Easily the best position player in baseball. He's so good we kind of take him for granted at this point.

MrTop

EOG Master
harper reminds me a little like the player Adam Dunn. HR , high walk rate , high K rate , bad in field,

MrTop

EOG Master
harper way overrated. One of the reasons the cubs & other teams took 1 step forward and 2 steps back. He needs belinger's batting coach. Whatever belinger did during the off season harper should do. It might not be easy though. Something happened last year with harper... could be attitude. cause of the contract. His defense was so bad .. Maybe played hurt.

Absolutely. And if he stays relatively healthy, Trout has a great shot to be considered the GOAT position player.

On a side note, when these types of discussions come up, I laugh at a thread at TheRx a couple of years ago. It was the year Bryce Harper was killing it. The discussion was who was better between Harper and Trout. So many people are myopic and watch too much Sportscenter. To compare the two, even in that particular year was laughable.

Agreed-Trout has a great shot to go down as the GOAT

A buddy of mines brother in law starts for the Angels. According to him Trout is the real deal personality wise....what you see is what you get when the cameras are off and there are no fans or outsiders around.