Anyone Have the Browns -3.5 on up

On a related note: I've seen a few college football teams this season execute "Victory Formation" with a shotgun snap.

I don't get it.

Some QBs never take snaps from under center in high school and college, probably safer to do it that way because that's what they are used to.

The fast-spreading strategy of kneeling down or running out of bounds before scoring is obviously correct.

It is the counter to football defensive units purposely allowing an opposing team to score.

As competitors, the counterintuitive strategy is against everything we've ever been taught.

But it is the right move.

For those of us who are gambling on the game, the endgame antics add more randomness to pointspread outcomes, never a good thing.

I don't think randomness is that bad for most of us. We all should remember even though it seems like people got screwed, almost as many people got lucky. Getting lucky wins is what keep people gambling at games they can't beat.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
As competitors, the counterintuitive strategy is against everything we've ever been taught.

It's not against everything "we" were ever taught. I was taught to win the game (not run up the score), and not giving the ball back ensures, for all practical purpose, you win the game.

Stepping out of bounds wasn't the right strategy, but going down inbounds after the first down was the right strategy to keep the clock running, minimizing the number of center snaps (which can be fumbled) on the kneel down and the amount of time left on the clock.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
For those of us who are gambling on the game, the endgame antics add more randomness to pointspread outcomes, never a good thing.

Totally agree.

Since +EV bettors have a tendency to overbet their bankrolls, increased randomness increases the likelihood that a +EV bettor goes broke before they can get into the "long run".

blueline

EOG Master
chalk had 4th and 1 from around TT 30...ran a simple off tackle play....running back ended up with nothing between himself and a touchdown.....tackled himself around the 3 yard line