anyone play pool?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: anyone play pool?

no its not a joke im talking about the sport overall very little money for the pros wouldnt you agree?

im not talking about picking up bread crumbs at a local bar on a friday night betting $20 a game with the local drunks

the big money games are drying up have you ever been to louisville for the derby city?

I peaked taking bread crumbs at the local bars from drunks. I was in it more for the hustle than the career. Had my own Jim Rempe sig stick, straight maple tip, birds eye maple butt with Irish linen wrap. But in bars you were spotted in a microsecond using your own stick. Did a lot of that in Chi town late 70's. Would stink it up, scratch on 8 ball, game of choice, and miss everything. Put that quarter up and a $20, run the table. Many a time beating those locals out of thier money the bartender would ask us to leave. I always had a posse, even a ex lineman from FSU. Easier to collect and not get jumped that way.

Every barracks had a table, and at Great Lakes RTC/NTC in the winter, you played 15 hours a day. That and cards. Outside the main gate, more pool halls. It got to the point guys would come to me and say I got hustled, and ask me to go get thier money back. Invariably I would. Played a lot of snooker in San Diego to tighten up my cuts and corner shots. Those pockets are tight. Played a lot of 4 ball or diamond also. I still have my original stick, was made when Billy Joel was still mainstream. Over 30 years old now. I have not used it in...10 years.

OF...:cool:

BigDaddy

EOG Master

sounds like fun. what are the dates?

may and sometmes it goes into 1st few day of june depends on the schedule

apa singles may1st-3rd
bca may 10th-19th
vnea may 22nd-31st

those were the 2008 dates they are about the same every year

im surprised you have never went?

BigDaddy

EOG Master

I peaked taking bread crumbs at the local bars from drunks. I was in it more for the hustle than the career. Had my own Jim Rempe sig stick, straight maple tip, birds eye maple butt with Irish linen wrap. But in bars you were spotted in a microsecond using your own stick. Did a lot of that in Chi town late 70's. Would stink it up, scratch on 8 ball, game of choice, and miss everything. Put that quarter up and a $20, run the table. Many a time beating those locals out of thier money the bartender would ask us to leave. I always had a posse, even a ex lineman from FSU. Easier to collect and not get jumped that way.

Every barracks had a table, and at Great Lakes RTC/NTC in the winter, you played 15 hours a day. That and cards. Outside the main gate, more pool halls. It got to the point guys would come to me and say I got hustled, and ask me to go get thier money back. Invariably I would. Played a lot of snooker in San Diego to tighten up my cuts and corner shots. Those pockets are tight. Played a lot of 4 ball or diamond also. I still have my original stick, was made when Billy Joel was still mainstream. Over 30 years old now. I have not used it in...10 years.

OF...:cool:

yes you can make money hustling make a living is a different story not many can and do

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted

if you dont believe me spend 4-5 weeks at the riveria late in may and 1st part of june and watch all the pool players walk bye and see how many of them actually game up:+clueless

its a convention filled with 6000 useless pool cues

take a vacation get out of your own state most seasoned players leave home every once in awhile

Will search these forums for days and not find a more accurate statement than this!

RPM

EOG Veteran

may and sometmes it goes into 1st few day of june depends on the schedule

apa singles may1st-3rd
bca may 10th-19th
vnea may 22nd-31st

those were the 2008 dates they are about the same every year

im surprised you have never went?

like i said, i've always stayed within a couple hours of home. maybe i'll check it out next year though. i'll try not to add to the useless cue section. lol