Are you guys happy with the NEW NHL thus far?

Are you guys happy with the NEW NHL thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Happy

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Somewhat happy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not happy with it at all

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

jam

EOG Veteran
gbm said:
Glaken is A1. He knows how to run a contest.

LOL, I think the General meant the sport, not the contest.

So far so good. I still think they should roll back to 70 games and I'm not really sold on the shoot-out. Let's just get back to the Original Six as well, lol. Maybe add Philly and Calgary.

I miss late 1980's early 90's hockey. The shootout is a joke just like a soccer shootout not a fair way to determine a winner. I love college hockey much better then NHL these days and agree season is to long we have hockey games played 10 months a year Sept-June.

I'm happy with the new rules. Not sure how long the refs will call all the infractions and when exactly the players will realize that without hooking, holding and cross-checking, the defensemen can't do much to clean the front of the net; therefore, there should be more shots from the blue line as it is easier to obstruct goalies view. Once they get it and also get used to the 'no red line' rule, there should be more goals scored.

I like shoot-outs. Penalty shots are always fun to watch. Plus, the losing team is still getting 1 point.

M$M

hitmansb

EOG Member
I love the increased speed through the neutral zone, the higher scoring, and how the game has more 'flow' to it now that icings and offsides have been drastically reduced. They got the rule changes right IMO.

Like the 2+ more goals a game (albeit 1 from a shootout). Hockey the way it should be. Hate to see 65 minutes of hard work decided with the silly shootout, although it's meant to satisfy Dad and his 11 year old Billy who go to 4 games a year, not us sports "experts/purists" LOL.

Glad the OT's will be settled the old fashioned way in the playoffs....

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
NHL's new look needs no changing

NHL's new look needs no changing

What the NHL's rules reformation project has reminded us, is that we watch hockey games to see Mike Modano skate, or Rick Nash shoot or Marty Brodeur make a scintillating save. We don't attend games to watch Bryan Murray coach. Jacques Lemaire was great fun to observe in 1972-73 when he scored 44 goals and had 95 points for the Montreal Canadiens. He is far less fun to observe behind the Minnesota Wild bench when it's his job to prevent the other team's stars from taking over the game.

more here

socc3r_guru

EOG Enthusiast
i love the new NHL......i never had as much fun at a hockey game like for the sharks opener on wednesday night

we gonna be good with all our speed.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
I think it was a good idea for them to get more fans... more goals means more fun mean more fans means more money..:+thumbs-2 and tie games just suck.