Artificial turf vs Natural grass…

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
What’s your opinion?

Give me the natural stuff all day long…NFL is worried about the cost…I suspect the players want the real stuff…

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
How you use real grass in the indoor stadiums? I'm well aware of how they do it in AZ, but in Ford Field in Detroit it is impossible.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Natural grass all day. Less leg injuries as the grass gives away. Safer to land on as well.

Issues: Rain makes for some bad field conditions.

Bigger issue for the venue is having other events on natural grass is tough as you need to bring in a fake floor so that people don't trample the grass.

Some stadiums now are probably impossible to turn into natural grass right now and building new stadiums with natural grass could be put into play but that doesn't fix the problem.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Remember some of the AstroTurf surfaces back in the 70s/80s. At the Pontiac Silverdome, the turf was basically placed over a cement slab! I'm surprised Barry Sanders was never injured. That being said, numerous Lions players suffered serious injuries at the Silverdome, Mike Utley was paralyzed, and the Reggie Brown who was nearly paralyzed. Billy Sims suffered a career ending knee injury at the Minnesota Metrodome that had the same kind of playing surface as the Silverdome.