bad beats revisited

Scotty S

EOG Addicted
I realize bad beat stories are beat to death in the forums. I don't know if it's been hashed out on EOG yet so here's mine anyways:

West Virginia and Virginia Tech (I could be mistaken about one of the teams) were playing one Sat afternoon around 1975. I was a young clerk at Churchill Downs R&S book on the Strip. A customer who I took good care of with run downs, scores & injury info gave me a game. "Bet what you wan't to win on ......". I was a working stiff, scuffler, married w two kids and only bet half a buck. The spread was 1.5 , not sure which team, and the game is still on the table in the final minute. The dog, our side, gets the ball and here comes the flags. THREE 15 YD PENALITIES IN A ROW. "Our refs" set the ball in front of the goal posts and the kid misses the fg. Another flag, move the ball 5 yds closer and he misses it again. Time runs out, game over, the right side losses. The NCAA was irate. There was a huge stink over the obvious fix.

Someday I'm going to research that game. Mabey I could just ask my friend since he's still alive AND in action.....Scotty S

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Scotty, there are some who will scold us for thinking that a game can be fixed.

Be careful. :smokesmal