Balt/Pitt

Valuist

EOG Master
I'm surprised not more attention on here on this game, but I guess people are just skeptical the game gets played. We know about the Ravens missing, but the Steelers have a few out, including RB Conner and now starting center Pouncey. If Tomlin feels he has the upper hand, and based on the spread, one would think he feels that way, he will sit on the ball after getting a lead. I'm not sure what we get out of RG3. What a great year he had......in 2012. He hasn't had much activity in recent years. Do the Steelers put 8 in a box and dare RG3 to throw? I probably would, considering how Baltimore shredded them on the ground several weeks ago.

Valuist

EOG Master
I took shot at Balt +10.5. That's a lot of points in NFL

Agreed. I'm taking Pittsburgh Under 27 as I think that's a lot of points, as well. With Balt having several key receivers out, I think we see them to try and establish the run, and they ran very well against the Steelers in the earlier meeting. But with the quick turnaround, I believe both coaches would love to keep the clock moving, and keep the plays from scrimmage, at a minimum.

kane

EOG master
When the game was first scheduled I was on the Ravens +4.5, now with Covid running rampant and the game being moved several times, I'm not touching it, I honestly have no idea what to expect

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
When the game was first scheduled I was on the Ravens +4.5, now with Covid running rampant and the game being moved several times, I'm not touching it, I honestly have no idea what to expect
Same here. Didn’t want any props either.

Valuist

EOG Master
Refs giving Steelers nearly every call. They are a go against team in the [layoffs. Very weak schedule.

Here's the list of QBs the Steelers have faced:

Daniel Jones, Lock & Driskel, Watson, Wentz, Mayfield, Tannehill, Lamar Jackson, Gilbert (?), Burrow, Juice Luton, and a combo of RG3/Trace McSorley.

Not exactly a murder's row.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Easy to think this is not a great, very untested undefeated team. But the biggest thing that this team has imo is Big Ben and his/Tomlins experience. They are the best defense in the leagur and have so many weapons. I don't imagine it will ever be too pretty with this team as we've seen, but i feel like in crunch time if they are asked to put up 30+ against the Chiefs, they will. If a team is to need a big stop or force the big TO, they'll be the ones to do it.

I think next week is a huge test. With the front 4 of the Skins and they are playing a lot better as of late. Won't surprise me if this game is decided by 3 either way...

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
Ravens will beat them if they play again. Steelers' D can be run on. Watt penetrates every play, but you can blow by him. Pittsburgh secondary in trouble if qb gets any time.

Refs giving Steelers nearly every call. They are a go against team in the [layoffs. Very weak schedule.

Go against team assumes they are getting priced up in the lines like some kind of super team. Not really the case here. Bookmakers and the betting public know they aren't even close to the best team and are priced accordingly.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
KC -3 (-120)

At a minimum......

If you can get KC less than 3 it's an auto-play for me.

Especially now with Dupree out. They said of 40 sacks only 1 occurred without Dupree on the field.

He makes a great player in Watts even better. Certainly instrumental in the Steelers defense, HUGE LOSS.

KC 31-17

Valuist

EOG Master
If the game was played in Pittsburgh, I can see the Steelers keeping the sprinklers going 24/7 to slow down the speed of KC. Get the grass as long as possible and the surface with plenty of give. Just like a soft turf course in horse racing.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
it could not close @ KC -6 right now with pitt at home

Why not?

I'm not saying it will necessarily go that high but no solid reason it couldn't is there?

I'm sure it will close more than 3, positive. That's assuming injuries and all remain relatively the same.

I know my line will be closer to 6 than it is 3.

it could not close @ KC -6 right now with pitt at home

What's home field worth? On a neutral field the teams are probably about 3. Add in the public money backing the Super Bowl champs and you don't think it could flow straight through to 6?

MrTop

EOG Master
What's home field worth? On a neutral field the teams are probably about 3. Add in the public money backing the Super Bowl champs and you don't think it could flow straight through to 6?

look at it like this... KC just gave TB -3.5 and could not cover in Tampa.... who do you think is better TB or Pitt?

MrTop

EOG Master
Why not?

I'm not saying it will necessarily go that high but no solid reason it couldn't is there?

I'm sure it will close more than 3, positive. That's assuming injuries and all remain relatively the same.

I know my line will be closer to 6 than it is 3.

look at it like this... KC just gave TB -3.5 and could not cover in Tampa.... who do you think is better TB or Pitt?

Heim

EOG Master
Pitt is probably the worst undefeated team this deep into the season I've ever seen. Weak schedule, playing to the
level of the competition.....

You're smarter than comparing a non conference regular season game to a AFC title game.

To answer your question they're pretty damn close. By far the worst 11-0 team eva!

MrTop

EOG Master
Pitt is probably the worst undefeated team this deep into the season I've ever seen. Weak schedule, playing to the
level of the competition.....

There is no arguement they are weak...i said that in another thread when jk brings up 1978.........but you would give -6 in pitt on a future line now?

MrTop

EOG Master
You're smarter than comparing a non conference regular season game to a AFC title game.

To answer your question they're pretty damn close. By far the worst 11-0 team eva!

you are getting off the subject... but would you give it on future lines if cantor had it? i know cantor out of biz

If the game was played in Pittsburgh, I can see the Steelers keeping the sprinklers going 24/7 to slow down the speed of KC. Get the grass as long as possible and the surface with plenty of give. Just like a soft turf course in horse racing.

Is that legal.

Maybe they can turn Heinz ketchup field into an ice rink ;