BEST BET TODAY.....I"M POUNDING THIS ONE!!!

WOW...Oly has this proposition posted...

Miami Ohio-Norther Illinois -28
Grand Salami +28

Are you serious......WOW...I'm all over it.....OB

Salami it is....:+drinks-4

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
Chris@Olympic said:
Hate to tell you $$ was put in wrong

Every Bet was deleted

Miami is + 28

Love people who take shots, and we catch them
hate to be mr. ignorant .. but what does grand salami miami+28 mean? and what do u mean by take shots? trying to scam the book?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Chris@Olympic said:

Every Bet was deleted

Miami is + 28

Chris, no offense, but what is that supposed to mean.

It was your guy's mistake and then you take a "shot" at someone else who plays it?:+clueless

Chris@Olympic said:

Every Bet was deleted

Miami is + 28

How is it "taking a shot" if the man booked a posted play? :+clueless

Chris@Olympic said:
Lets see when GS is 90 and O/u on CFB is 63

I would say it was taking a shot, Price was put in backwards

I can get you guys in some math and typing classes at Florida State if you want:cocktail :cocktail :+waving-5 :+music1-6

Chris...

Chris...

No offense but the mistake was put on your part....If I played a game on monday and the line was -14 and by saturday the line was -7....you wouldn't let me cancelled the wager.....so..I was not taking a shot I just saw a bad line and I place a wager on it.....just like the Wise guys do on a regular basis......Anyways...its not my fault your BM made a mistake but I guess I have to pay for it now......disagree with your tactics but oh well...there are other books out there so I guess I need to close my olympic account and go play somewhere else.......OB:+signs8-1

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
So a book is allowed to cancel a bet if they made a mistake??? thats pretty crooked if u ask me.. do all books do this or is it just olympic?
and i meant to take troy state last night too can i cancel that?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
An 'obvious' mistake should be cancelled and the player that informs them should be rewarded. The problem comes when what is 'obvious' to you, may not be 'obvious' to me and vice-versa! If the bet is made through a phone account and the stores' clerk does not catch it, the bet should stand-on the internet there is no checks and balances to cover this. So we end up debating what is obvious. But most people after seeing the 'correct' line will admit that it was a mistake and therefore voidable.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Better would be to email it in or call it in and point out the error and get a free wager for your work. but if you do play it and the book finds it before the event they have every right to cancel it as a misline as long as the event has not started.

To me if you play this line and have like5x your average bet on the game you shoud be banned from the book forever because your just a scammer anyway.

Hache Man

Most of us know it was clearly a mistake.

Just to be clear, my response had to do with Chris' following remark:

"Love people who take shots, and we catch them"

Chris, it almost sounded as if you guys do this intentionally once in a while just to see who bites........lol

As I said Chris, no offense to you of course,hope you didn't take it the wrong way....

If you're near Orlando swing by Universal Studios and I'll show you some of my creations for the month of October.......:+thumbs-2

jjgold said:
To me if you play this line and have like5x your average bet on the game you shoud be banned from the book forever because your just a scammer anyway.

How does that make you a scammer JJ. They made the mistake.

Hache Man

This topic has always been disagreed upon by many........

Yes, most will admit when a book posts a "bad line" that is quite obvious, it is clearly a mistake.

However, just because it is a mistake on their part, does it mean that they should not honor wagers that have been made by some that have only merely ACCEPTED THE WAGER THAT WAS OFFERED TO THEM BY SOMEONE ELSE?

Now, many will say that the following is "different", but in all reality, it isn't.....

If you're friend comes to you and say he wants to make a wager with you on the Oakland Raiders @ SD Chargers. He says, "Man, the Chargers are -4 , I'll give you the Chargers straight up and I'll take the Raiders straight up". You then pounce on the bet and accept it with a handshake only to then find out just a few minutes later (like a book does when they post a wrong line) that Ladainian Tomlinson and Keenan McCardell are out with injuries. Do you then have the right to cancel the wager with your friend because you made a mistake? A large majority would say no........

I suppose the biggest problem with this is that it creates an ongoing loophole that will always give books the opportunity to make up rules as they go along......

MCP

line was obviously typed in backwards... and he knew it why do you think it was his bet of the day cheap shot, glad the book caught it.

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted
"there are other books out there so I guess I need to close my olympic account and go play somewhere else.......OB:+signs8-1"

Yea, and everyone of them would have punted the wager, and some would have thrown you out.<!-- / message -->

Bo F'n Diddley

EOG Senior Member
ZZ CREAM said:
An 'obvious' mistake should be cancelled and the player that informs them should be rewarded. The problem comes when what is 'obvious' to you, may not be 'obvious' to me and vice-versa! If the bet is made through a phone account and the stores' clerk does not catch it, the bet should stand-on the internet there is no checks and balances to cover this. So we end up debating what is obvious. But most people after seeing the 'correct' line will admit that it was a mistake and therefore voidable.

I agree with ZZ...........................in this case is was obvious and the book in question is stand up, so whats the problem here?

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Clearly a reverse line. If you saw USC +36 would you expect a book to honor that? But I do NOT think Oceanboy was trying to scam either! Scammer dont post their scam way before the event.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
trytrytry said:
Better would be to email it in or call it in and point out the error and get a free wager for your work. but if you do play it and the book finds it before the event they have every right to cancel it as a misline as long as the event has not started.
exactly..people always complain about books ethics', yet are quick to try and take advantage of a clear mistake...more often than not the book will reward you for helping them spot a bad line or something like that...

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Sam Odom said:
Clearly a reverse line. If you saw USC +36 would you expect a book to honor that? But I do NOT think Oceanboy was trying to scam either! Scammer dont post their scam way before the event.

Maybe he just ain't none too bright.:+music1-6

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Some people might say that putting up such a stupid prop that they deserve it being stuck up their hind side! And they may be right! LOL!

MCP said:
line was obviously typed in backwards... and he knew it why do you think it was his bet of the day cheap shot, glad the book caught it.
Agreed if he did in fact go all in on the bet. However, if he made his typical play (whatever that may be) then he didn't "take a shot". If Olympic lets the play stand as posted the player LOVES Olympic, keeps playing there and all is well. But if the bet is cancelled and the player closes his account, Olympic will lose his action. No winners in that scenario.

Good PR has it's price. Olympic would be buying some at the cost of this players wager...

Whne it comes to regular lines, I'll side with the book. Usually easy to tell when a line is clearly off.

BUT when it comes to props, it gets a little less clear. Books reguarly put up props (especially the more exotic ones) that are way off and get pounded. To see a prop where you think to yourself "what are they thinking" is not an uncommon occurence. Technically I guess a book book could think up props and put them up, and then when the line is pounded and they realize they made an obvious mistake in calculating it they could just say "Well it was obviously wrong". Plus many of these props don't really have a frame of reference. Unless other book have similar props up, you can't point to another books lines and say that it was clearly off from the number.

Just as some books have no integrity (very few), there are thousands of sportsbettors that have no integrity (alot).

Anyone who takes shots like this is just like a thief in my book. And when they complain when they are caught, their whining sounds like the guy that gets caught stealing but blames it on the storeowner because the storewowner was "in the bathroom"... Have some integrety.

Iron.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
null said:
I've reported wrong lines twice and got nothing for it, once was a prop on Olympic btw.
Should have talked to a supervisor, and right up to Spiro himself if you were not satisfied! I hope they at least thanked you! Sometimes doing the right thing is its own reward, and other times - who knows?

Miami is + 28
I don't know CFB enough and I took a look at Pinnacle's line and they have Miami (Ohio) +3. So what was the line supposed to be?

The number of times I blindly followed a poster lead in a sport I'm not too familiar with, I'm glad I didn't get the chance to do it here. Hate to be called a cheat.

M$M

null

EOG Member
ZZ CREAM said:
Should have talked to a supervisor, and right up to Spiro himself if you were not satisfied! I hope they at least thanked you! Sometimes doing the right thing is its own reward, and other times - who knows?

Yeah, both times I just emailed customer service and told them. I guess next time I'll call the book up and ask to talk to a line manager or whatever. They did say thanks at least, but I wouldn't have minded some free cash :)

Sober Leprechaun

EOG Enthusiast
it was an obvious bad line, and it was cancelled before it started. nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

i have reported bad lines before and it has run the gamut of just a thank you, to $25 and $50 in my account.