Best Female Tennis Player of All Time? It's not Serena

Steffi Graf
Steffi had several rivals of immense quality who stepped up to challenge her - Monica Seles, Martina Hingis, Arantxa Sanchez Vicario. She conquered them all. Serena has had no one of that quality, instead beating up on weak era players. Her rivalry with Sharapova was barely a rivalry. No one else challenged her at all, showing the immense weakness of the women's game under Serena. Steffi might have won many more if she hadn't retired at 30 - at the same age Serena had only won 13 slams, Steffi had won 22. Steffi could move better than Serena, who is really just a power player with very limited flexibility to her game.
But most important of all, Steffi had class. You wouldn't find her threatening to shove a tennis ball down an umpire's throat, or trying to make it into a racist issue when she got called out on her own bad behaviour. I respect Serena for achieving what she achieved in spite of racism against her, but I can't respect her for her behaviour, and for that alone she's not ...more+2
Steffi is without a doubt the greatest tennis player we have ever seen. Her ability to win on ANY surface is what sets her apart from Serena. He complete game is also better than Serena's. Her overall record and win percentage as a Tennis Player is astonishing and better than any other player (male or female). With all due respect to Serena, Steffi is the greatest.new
Simply the Best.new
Her record speaks for itself.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I met Steffi a few days before Xmas 2006. I was at some Vegas Post Office when She, Andre and the 2 kids walked in. They went to the Passport area - my guess is to get one for the kids so they could travel to Germany to see her side of the family. I went to see Andre and thank him for his career.

I noticed a few things about Steffi:

First: She is tall. She wore flats. She is listed at 5' 9.5" but looked taller

Second: She had on little, to no makeup on, and looked beautiful. When she is on TV sweating and all she doesn't look so great. But in person she is quite stunning.

railbird

EOG Master
Margaret Court24 11 5 3 5 2 Serena Williams23 7 3 7 6 3 Steffi Graf22 4 6 7 5 4 Helen Wills Moody19 0 4 8 7 5 Chris Evert18 2 7 3 6 Martina Navratilova18 3 2 9 4 7 Billie Jean King12 1 1 6 4 8 Monica Seles9 4 3 0

Sleepy

EOG Master
Navratilova won 167 career titles

From 1982 to 1986 she had a 427-14 (.968) record in all singles matches

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
I would take Martina. Next to Billie Jean King, she did more to advance women’s tennis than any woman. Serena treats tennis like it’s a part time job. That’s partially why she has lost many late-round matches to inferior players. Money on the line, I would put Martina above Steffi and Serena. I think she faced better competition...but they all distinguished themselves.

Heim

EOG Master
Seles was on the road to become the best until that deranged Graf fan fucked her career path up. She won the majority
of her majors between the ages of 16-18. Didn't she beat Graf at the age of 16 for the first of three consecutive French Open
wins?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I would take Martina. Next to Billie Jean King, she did more to advance women’s tennis than any woman. Serena treats tennis like it’s a part time job. That’s partially why she has lost many late-round matches to inferior players. Money on the line, I would put Martina above Steffi and Serena. I think she faced better competition...but they all distinguished themselves.

You can tell Dad follows women's tennis.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
There is zero chance that any woman tennis player past or present would be favorite vs Serena in her prime.

railbird

EOG Master
Im not sure martina navaratilova at her peak wouldn't be a us open chalk over serena. Serena never a chalk over seles on slow hard or clay

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
That was before Serena won her 1st major though. She got a little better since then though I get that wasn't the best Steffi at that point either.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I dont get whats the big deal abt bradys horse face brazillian wife

YES! 100% agree. She has sisters who are a LOT hotter than she is - not even close. No idea how/why people think she is as beautiful as she supposedly is

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
I was at the Fed Ex building in Laughlin when Martina walked in with Nancy
Two things noticed right away.....

She wore men's shoes

She was not pretty
Trust me on this one

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Wait now, what? Gizelle is a skank and Steffi Graf is a babe!!??!?!?

Mucho respect for Graf's tennis game but she's the reason FUGLY got invented, ugly just wasn't enough.

Just not enough......

Game, set and match.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
Steffi Graf was signing autographs at the US Open back when she was still playing. Let me tell you that she has the prettiest eyes and her nose does nothing to detract from her looks.