Better Call Saul

Arnold Zwiffel

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Better Call Saul

If Gillian said Gus is gay and Hector killed his lover than I definitely believe it. You're right Heisenberg that Gus never shows emotion, but he did there.

I've gone back several times to watch the pool scene in BB where Hector shoots Gus' partner. I was trying to figure out why the cartel did that. I think they felt disrespected and they wanted to make sure Gus followed their rules. Also there was a reference to Gus having important family ties in Chile. Perhaps Gus' father was a general in the Pinchot government?

The Mike and drug part of Better Call Saul are the highlights. But the byplay between Jimmy and Chuck was very strong, too. There's a real Shakesperan tragedy to it. The acting was excellent and so was the dialogue between them. I think Chuck loved Jimmy, but never could trust him to do the right thing. Perhaps Jimmy might have been the lawyer Chuck wanted him to be if Chuck would have cut him some slack, which he never did.

Both Jimmy and Chuck had a win-at-all-costs mentality. The result was Chuck ended up killing himself and Jimmy lost his way. He's now on the path to being a full-time sleezy Saul Goodman. I know Kim won't stand for that. So he'll lose her.

If Gillian said Gus is gay and Hector killed his lover than I definitely believe it. You're right Heisenberg that Gus never shows emotion, but he did there.

I've gone back several times to watch the pool scene in BB where Hector shoots Gus' partner. I was trying to figure out why the cartel did that. I think they felt disrespected and they wanted to make sure Gus followed their rules. Also there was a reference to Gus having important family ties in Chile. Perhaps Gus' father was a general in the Pinchot government?

The Mike and drug part of Better Call Saul are the highlights. But the byplay between Jimmy and Chuck was very strong, too. There's a real Shakesperan tragedy to it. The acting was excellent and so was the dialogue between them. I think Chuck loved Jimmy, but never could trust him to do the right thing. Perhaps Jimmy might have been the lawyer Chuck wanted him to be if Chuck would have cut him some slack, which he never did.

Both Jimmy and Chuck had a win-at-all-costs mentality. The result was Chuck ended up killing himself and Jimmy lost his way. He's now on the path to being a full-time sleezy Saul Goodman. I know Kim won't stand for that. So he'll lose her.

Excellent post. I never thought once about Gus' famaily ties to Chile until I read this.

Even though Saul ends up taking questionable routes as a lawyer in BB he was always extraordinarily loyal to his clients. He put his life on the line for them and whenever defending them he seemed to hold the lawyers ethics and rule of law very sacred. It seems that we got the motives for that in this last episode of BCS.

Hangover

EOG Dedicated

I think the accident changed Kim for the worse and may be on board with Jimmy turning into Saul full time. She chose the opiate pills....."Always the good stuff." She then blew off the meeting and then mocked her career choice goals....“changing the world by helping a midsize local bank become a midsize regional bank.”

Valuist

EOG Master
I thought episode 1 of the new season was good but way too many commercials. Episode 2 is tonight but I will DVR in and watch later. Too much to fast forward thru. But some interesting scenes into the future, with Jimmy/Saul//Gene as a manager of a Cinnabon in Omaha.

Valuist

EOG Master
Valuist, how do you find time in the day to follow all that you do?

Ironically in a thread about a TV show, I watch very little TV. And I'm working very odd hours. Sleep has been cut. And in the past couple weeks, I've taken a brief break from gambling and will restart up when conf tourneys start.

Heim

EOG Master
I think Stallone would look like Mike now if he didn't have all those hair transplants and botox treatments. Mike
is my favorite character, he sounds like Stallone.