Bill Vinovich threw me out of the game tonight

railbird

EOG Master
is a fukkin coward, has always been, refs are ruining college basketball. Monson is a blow up doll thief, he should be fired too.

railbird

EOG Master
Re: Bill Vinovich threw me out of the game tonight

games have next to nothing to do about players, its 1 big whistle fest and refs choose who wins

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I need more details, Birdie.

What did you say or do?

Did you have a bet on the Hawaii-Long Beach State game?

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Closest I came to getting kicked out of a game is when I was hounding Moose Stubing as he was reffing a Big West game.........it wasn't about anything involving how he was reffing the game, but about how bad a decision it was to send Grich when he was coaching 3rd in the ALCS.

MrTop

EOG Master

birdie tried to past post

ref threw a flag

billysink

EOG Dedicated

Who the fukk runs his trap at a damn college game and get tossed.

some kiddie shit

W. Sauce.

other than FW are all the rightist posters here weak, challenged or both?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

games have next to nothing to do about players, its 1 big whistle fest and refs choose who wins

Birdie's complaint also could apply to the NFL.

The video reviews have ruined the natural flow of the game.

In the fourth quarter of yesterday's Pats-Chiefs game, the referee after long delays twice made the announcement, "The game clock is correct."

Terrible.

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
The ref is the face of the crew and often takes blame for calls that are not his. That was the case here with Vinovich. Remember that officiating, good or bad, is part of the bet; not that I don't bitch too when calls go against my financial interest.

Agree with JK that NFL spends too much time on minor clock adjustments. I note that no two crews operate the clock identically.

TEXED

EOG Veteran
My thought was that those refs were obviously well aware of the articles about Rams fans thinking they were biased, plus not wanting to call a judgement penalty that late in the game and in that situation. All led to that.

Too funny considering there was a petition by Ram fans to get him removed because they were 0-8 when he showed up.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Saints fans giving bill death threats tonight

Why?

He had NOTHING to do with that PI No Call. As the Ref he has to stay with the QB until the end of the play. Of the 7 officials on the field he was the only one who never saw anything to do with the PI call until after the game. I understand why they are going after him but don't understand why they are going after him

Saints' fans also might wanna go after Sean Peyton for throwing a pass with U2 mins left when 3 runs makes the Rams use their timeouts and then they get the ball back with about a minute left and no timeouts

Heim

EOG Master
My thought was that those refs were obviously well aware of the articles about Rams fans thinking they were biased, plus not wanting to call a judgement penalty that late in the game and in that situation. All led to that.

You're absolutely right......happens every close game in NBA playoffs, refs swallow their whistle and let players decide it.
Sure it was PI, targeting and/or contact on a defenseless player......could have called all three however they didn't want
to give NO a SB bid on one call.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
You're absolutely right......happens every close game in NBA playoffs, refs swallow their whistle and let players decide it.
Sure it was PI, targeting and/or contact on a defenseless player......could have called all three however they didn't want
to give NO a SB bid on one call.

So the playbook going forward will be simply for any defensive back to just molest their guy on every last drive of any close playoff game? Come on...

The referees weren’t “giving the Saints the game on one call.” by calling the game properly. It was a penalty plain and simple, and an obvious one. The most obvious of the whole game, in fact.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I guess he looks like a hero if they complete a pass but, yes - that killed them and gave KC enough time