Billy Walters Book

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The pandemic came at the right time for Billy Walters.

His five-year prison sentence for insider trading transformed into home confinement in the spring of 2020.

Donald J. Trump then commuted Billy's sentence about eight months later.

Some guys get all the breaks.

Heim

EOG Master
He's going to give his lean tomorrow night on Brent Musburger's kick-off special.

Last edited:

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
The pandemic came at the right time for Billy Walters.

His five-year prison sentence for insider trading transformed into home confinement in the spring of 2020.

Donald J. Trump then commuted Billy's sentence about eight months later.

Some guys get all the breaks.
Love BW or hate him. the thing that he is a master at is any circumstances thrown his way he will find the angle that will benefit him the most.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Hey, JK. Wonder if BW will mention in his book on how Bruce E. got him for over 200 dimes on the 96 Super Bowl?

Boy, if only the Cowboys would have covered the 14 how things would have been different for Bruce. Ha! Ha! Not really. Bruce was such a degenerate gambler he would have come up short eventually.

Heim

EOG Master
Billy has never played fair.

The roulette wheel in Atlantic City was crooked and the city commissioners in Las Vegas were bought.

I wonder about the football referees in the Mid-American Conference?

Moreover, Toledo baskets and football team was bought and sold 2007-09. Plenty of games besides the ones identified by FBI.

Billy had to be indirectly involved.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hey, JK. Wonder if BW will mention in his book on how Bruce E. got him for over 200 dimes on the 96 Super Bowl?

Boy, if only the Cowboys would have covered the 14 how things would have been different for Bruce. Ha! Ha! Not really. Bruce was such a degenerate gambler he would have come up short eventually.

I first met Bruce Evans at Sportsman's Park on a day he bet $10,000 to win on a trotter named Cordeleone with Sterling Buch in the sulky.

The year was 1980.

I was 17 years old and serving as an Andy Frain usher in Cicero, Illinois.

Cordeleone paid $8.80 to win.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Moreover, Toledo baskets and football team was bought and sold 2007-09. Plenty of games besides the ones identified by FBI.

Billy had to be indirectly involved.

I'd guess Billy had an "in" with Hawaii football, too.

Some of those games involving Timmy Chang looked suspect.

I'd also throw the red challenge flag on former Nevada quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

The money always seemed to be right, whether for or against Nevada football, during Kap's senior season.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Walters quote to 60 Minutes correspondent Lara Logan: "In life, you're either a hustler or you're getting hustled."

Logan failed to ask the obvious follow-up question, "Are you a hustler?"

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Walters interview on 60 Minutes played more like a puff piece than an investigative report.

Mike Wallace is now turning (or is it spinning?) in his grave.

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Walters quote to 60 Minutes correspondent Lara Logan: "In life, you're either a hustler or you're getting hustled."

Logan failed to ask the obvious follow-up question, "Are you a hustler?"

Knowing what we now know about Lara Logan many other questions need to be asked of her. To quote Robert Palmer from the song "Addicted to Love": The lights are on, but you're not home. Your mind, is not your own."

Heim

EOG Master
Billy's ego got him in prison. He lost millions in the stock market, couldn't beat it and let it be known on the 60 minute segment. So he resorted to inside info, unfortunately for Billy the stock market is regulated, line manipulation is not.

howid

EOG Dedicated
NCAAB,, team A -5 vs team B ...

Billy wants to bet team A, so first he gets his associates to bet team B +5 at every available location to phony up and move the line, maybe invest a third of the capital earmarked for the team A bet.

Wasn't unusual to now get team A at say -2.5, Billy having a more favorable line and a shot at hitting a middle, only risking vig.

Not sure if related, but seen the above model repeated many times in the Tark led, Chris Herren pg Fresno teams.

boston massacre

EOG Master
NCAAB,, team A -5 vs team B ...

Billy wants to bet team A, so first he gets his associates to bet team B +5 at every available location to phony up and move the line, maybe invest a third of the capital earmarked for the team A bet.

Wasn't unusual to now get team A at say -2.5, Billy having a more favorable line and a shot at hitting a middle, only risking vig.

Not sure if related, but seen the above model repeated many times in the Tark led, Chris Herren pg Fresno teams.

They Call The First Move, THE HEAD FAKE.

Heim

EOG Master
lol he's waiting for injury information....is there anything more public than a SB injury list.

BW is a great mouthpiece for his now group. Just a CEO of a network of highly paid quants. Fund manager if you will.

If he leans KC then it has to be PHIL.

Heim

EOG Master
Give BW credit, he never went tout. He could have had a private service and easily make 6 figures a month for baskets and football.

There have been a few sites intimating they were his but quickly disbanded when he threatened to sue.

Krack, as much as I like him, copied BW's model with the high paid assistance, but went tout. To a lesser extent Lem Banker.

BW not afraid of -110 when he's the market, especially for the NFL.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Give BW credit, he never went tout. He could have had a private service and easily make 6 figures a month for baskets and football.

There have been a few sites intimating they were his but quickly disbanded when he threatened to sue.

Krack, as much as I like him, copied BW's model with the high paid assistance, but went tout. To a lesser extent Lem Banker.

BW not afraid of -110 when he's the market, especially for the NFL.
Krack is more of a CEO than he is a bettor. he has a team that sends plays to him and he gets down. he is a figure head and is very good at his role.

lem banker went tout out of need after his family (neice and nephew if I remember correctly) robbed him of a bunch of money.
Lem needed to sell to keep the lights on so things aren't the same here.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
the thing that has always amazed me about BW is that when someone got a number that he wanted he knew who got it and then would call that person asking for that ticket.

dink told a story about this.

BW was so dialed in that he knew who was betting, where they were betting and at what numbers.

the funniest thing about BW is when people say he hit 58% or so. No he didn't. He hit much better than that on the actual plays when the big money came in. If he wanted -3 on a game and it was -4.5 he moved it.

so what was his record? 1-1 right. No it really was 1-0 as he would win the bet that he really wanted.

is it safe to say that BW hit in the mid 60% on his plays?

Viejo Dinosaur or rockfish might add some insight to this.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Back in the day at CRIS , Billy used to call us when the number he really wanted disappeared from the screen…he demanded to know who stole his play….98% of the time it was one of his own movers…always good for a chuckle in the office…

Heim

EOG Master
Walters had said many a time he breaks the bank 3-4 weeks during the season.

The rest is break even.

The myth he's 60 percent every week, even with the best of it, is good folklore.

Right up there with Bo Jackson's 4.19.

Nonetheless, really good advice for any sports gambler. Shoot for the few huge weeks. Stay afloat the rest.

Last edited:
Walters had said many a time he breaks the bank 3-4 weeks during the season.

The rest is break even.

The myth he's 60 percent every week, even with the best of it, is good folklore.

Right up there with Bo Jackson's 4.19.

Nonetheless, really good advice for any sports gambler. Shoot for the few huge weeks. Stay afloat the rest.
😂🤣

boston massacre

EOG Master
A "drop the mic" line from VD.

Gets Conned Easily.

Never A Bad Word About Biden.

All Trump Did Was Cut Taxes, Secured America From Illegals, Stood Up To World Dictators, Ended America's Involvement In Wars, Started No New Wars, Ended Stupid Trade Deals, Put America First In All Negotiations, Etc.

Lot Of People Under The Influence Of Poisonous Cool Aid.

Not 1 Person Can Prove Me Wrong.

Anybody In America Against All This, Then See If You Have The Intelligence To Explain Why You Are Against It.

All Trump Did Was Cut Taxes, Secured America From Illegals, Stood Up To World Dictators, Ended America's Involvement In Wars, Started No New Wars, Ended Stupid Trade Deals, Put America First In All Negotiations, Etc.

I'll Be Standing By.

Last edited:

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Gets Conned Easily.

Anybody In America Against All This, Then See If You Have The Intelligence To Explain Why You Are Against It.

I'll Be Standing By.
Here you go mucking up another thread. Interesting thread about BW and posters giving some good info about the topic.

Your the kind of guy who meets a hot Girl in a bar and she starts telling you the kind of lingerie she likes to wear for guys. You reply, did you know President Biden likes to wear lingerie for teenage boys?

You are a world class clown.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Gets Conned Easily.

I'll Be Standing By.

If he did all of this, how did a hack like Biden get elected? The American people made the correct choice….

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here you go mucking up another thread. Interesting thread about BW and posters giving some good info about the topic.

Your the kind of guy who meets a hot Girl in a bar and she starts telling you the kind of lingerie she likes to wear for guys. You reply, did you know President Biden likes to wear lingerie for teenage boys?

You are a world class clown.

Add "world class clown" to my EOG glossary.

My vocabulary of insults builds every year.