Bonds return now eminent. What does this mean for...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
The Giants? The betting line and total? The fans? His return is a bigger story than the division chase. Can he be effective running and standing in cold SF, in Sept? If he gets walked early, they are screwed, late, they can pinch run. Maybe some teams will challenge him, has to help out the Giants batting order huge. I think a large gain in offense, but a detriment in defense. Higher scoring games? He is always on base or rounding them. He is probably in better shape physically than he has been this late in the season for quite some time. It will be good to see him back in the uni. Must admit, I will watch his AB's. Good luck Barry.

Best Wishes...OF:+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
On the field where he hit his 500th, 600th, 660th, 661st and 700th career homers, plus Nos. 71-73 in 2001 to give him the all-time single season record, Bonds faced young Giants right-hander Kevin Correia, who couldn't seem to find the strike zone.

In his first simulated at-bat, Bonds took six pitches and fouled off another.

"The kid just wasn't throwing me any strikes," Bonds said about the 24-year-old, who was a late-season add to the Giants' rotation.

In his second at-bat, Bonds took eight of 15 pitches, blasting an inside fastball into the small section of bleachers in right-center field above a 20-foot red brick wall, and a screaming liner to center that probably would've been a double. "Don't throw it in here," Bonds said, gesturing to the inside of the plate chest-high. "That part of the plate belongs to me. You can throw out there all you want."

Just do not see Barry being challenged very often. Most teams do not want to know, and if you walk him early he has to stand on the bases, run and slide. That is his biggest fear.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Eminent or Imminent? Whatever it is, I hope Barry strikes out! What a jerk! P.S. Probably meant eminent as in His Eminence Barry! LOL!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
ZZ CREAM said:
Eminent or Imminent? Whatever it is, I hope Barry strikes out! What a jerk! P.S. Probably meant eminent as in His Eminence Barry! LOL!

You edited that after you caught it. Good job. Yes, he is a total jerk. His Eminence.

Less than 1 month left in the season, loooong layoff and fragile body...

I can't see him returning to the lineup daily. Maybe a start then a possible pinch hitter the next day. The Giants draw well so he's not needed to sell tickets. I thing his ego and quest for the record are bringing him back at this point. I don't really see the Giants as contenders so this comback is all Barry.

jjgold said:
Mr. Hoffa Bonds is just so powerfuk he can change a game

be careful
Sorry Coach, just not buying the Barry Bonds beatlemaina. Giants are 7 out in a very poor division. Can't see him going 1st to 3rd on a base hit, can't see him diving in the outfield and can't see him getting this team any closer to the Padres.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
Bonds is a liability in left field. It will take him a while to get going. By then the season will be over. No steroids=power outage.