Brent Musberger took the bone on the back door gover by the Knicks!

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Classic, "Some people are going to be happier about that last basket than others!" LOL

Bucky said:
Classic, "Some people are going to be happier about that last basket than others!" LOL

LMAO ... I guess all these broadcasters wager a little.... I would never have thunk it from Musberger though.

Glaken said:
LMAO ... I guess all these broadcasters wager a little.... I would never have thunk it from Musberger though.

Mus is a machine fucker has an account at Pinny no shit

demon bettor bets on everything

Al Michaels too

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
mushmouth has took the blows; and done it his way..

i remember when he was announcing golf; he announced that someone was trying a 20 foot put; his partner (aregular golf announcer) ; restated that the player was taking an 18 foot putt; brent went ballistic; went on about: "what's the difference between 18 and 20" right on the air...but a real pro

lol

gl

:+waving-5

I will tell you this...people at Staples were BOOOING LOUDLY after that one. Lakers are a sub 500 team. have played 3 homes games and they are boing them for a win. That should tell you something right there.

A lot more degenerates out there than people think.

dirty

EOG Master
When he calls a football game it is Obvious who he bet on in the first 5 minutes of the game...Just like Michaels....

redpimp

EOG Enthusiast
Bucky said:

Come on people!!!!! You are all mis characterizing this particular situation...

The game was running down in the the last seconds, The crowd is giving the lakers an ovation in the last seconds and some of the knicks are also standing around. i think Chris Mim lost the ball and the knicks recovered, this kid drove down the length of the court made a totally useless dunk and started acting like he was king kong...

People started booing at the kid for that shit, not because he made the two that garbage time dunk..They were booing his lack of sportsmanship..

If the Berger had made that comment as soon as the basket went in, i would have given it a second thought, but he blubbered on about some other shit and that quote posted above wasnt exactly what he said. His exact words are close to that statement but it was more like "Some are not too happy about that last shot than others" (that in away implies that the booing is infact related to the poor sportsmanship, while they other quote implies that its gamblers outside of the arena who were to wake up and find they had a blown cover in the last seconds of the game)

CapnHandi

EOG Addicted
You may be right, red pimp, about last night but Mushberger has in the past at least shown an acute awareness of what the lines are.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
wantitall4moi said:
I will tell you this...people at Staples were BOOOING LOUDLY after that one. Lakers are a sub 500 team. have played 3 homes games and they are boing them for a win. That should tell you something right there.

A lot more degenerates out there than people think.

If this is the case then we can conceive some incentive for players to worry about the spreads whether they care or not, but just to appease the fans.

The General said:
If this is the case then we can conceive some incentive for players to worry about the spreads whether they care or not, but just to appease the fans.

I think your on to something here Pete .... Included in their contracts should be a bonus clause for each game that they cover the spread.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
But on second thought Glaken, it is out of their hands mostly. The refs are the ones who have final say. ;)

dirty said:
When he calls a football game it is Obvious who he bet on in the first 5 minutes of the game...Just like Michaels....

Have said that here several times Dirty. Has been seen by a few cohorts of mine at Bradley Teletheatre at the Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks CT betting his ass off waiting for his flight out after doing local ESPN/ABC game.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I didn't see the player do anything to speak of after the dunk. I can't blame the team that was behind for trying to make another basket. If it was poor sportsmanship who would have been happy at all? Even the player would have got chewed out by his coach so that would make it zero happy people as far as the sportsmanship issue.

It would be fun to interview some of the LA fans that were there but as far as the crowd I cannot see where they gave a crap about the dunk itself but it was the two points that mattered to them.

I was listening to it on the radio, the BOOS were very audible. It surely wasn't because the guy slammed the ball or tried to show up anyone. LA people do not boo for that stuff, they don't care enough to boo. The arena was half empty until about halftime last night according to the local guys, so they don't even care enough to get to the game on time.

As for Mussberger, who knows what he meant, if he commented on it, you can bet (no pun intended) it was gambling related. When he does football it is painfully obvious, he lives and dies on every play like any other degenerate, probably what makes him a good commentator, he has a VESTED interest in the game. Same as with Al Michaels. Prnbably why Joe Buck and that other clown that works with him suck out loud, they probably don't even know what a line is, unless it is made of chalk, or on a mirror.

Sports arethese guys lives, and they THINK they know more than even we do, so why is it so hard to believe they don't gamble? You don't think Al Michales thinks he doesn't know football better than Joe Public? Of course he does.