Cameron Indoor

brokerstip

EOG Addicted
Thinking about heading there with my oldest kid for SC State game on Dec 14th. I've seen Coach K before but never been to Cameron.

brokerstip

EOG Addicted
flights booked. Heading out late Monday after school, get there about midnight. Leave Wednesday at 5ish.

Likely tour campus, do Duke stuff all day Tuesday with game that night. Might drove over to UNC Wednesday before we leave.

kane

EOG master
Sounds like a good time Broker, a memory you and your son will always be able to share

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Projected final score: Duke 91 South Carolina State 54.

That's according to Ken Pomeroy's algorithm.

ComptrBob recommends Duke on the moneyline.

Enjoy your trip, BROKER.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Enjoy. It’s nice that Duke and UNC are close so you can see both.

You can see the MAC version - Eastern Mich/Toledo/Bowling Green. Your son may disown you lol.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Cameron Indoor Stadium opened in 1940.

Named after Eddie Cameron, who coached the Duke basketball team from 1928 to 1942.

Eddie was a triple threat who also coached the football team from 1942 to 1945 and then served as the school's athletic director from 1951 to 1972.

Capacity for Cameron Indoor Stadium is 9,312.

Interestingly, Cameron is one of the few basketball arenas where the backboards descend from the ceiling instead of being anchored on the floor.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Lowest-priced ticket on StubHub for BROKER's South Carolina State-Duke game is listed at $215.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

ComptrBob recommends Duke on the moneyline.

Let's not get carried away. Duke probably has a 1 in 10,000 shot of losing (maybe less), so I'd be surprised any book has a ML.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

I'll say it again this season, Ken Pom's ratings are heavily weighed on previous seasons even with massive changes in personnel. Therefore they only tend to give a rough approximation of the line/score.

Very likely Duke will be an even bigger favorite than 37 points, of course its a long way away.

I went in late May, was in Chapel Hill for my nephews UNC graduation, but we went over to see the enemy too. Walked right into Cameron Indoor on a Sunday, could see the trophies and then walked onto the court. Hoops were up in the ceiling and the stands were pushed away into the wall. Seriously it's no different than your high school gym really. Just seemed weird to see it like that but floor was there and many angles look just like TV. Only takeaway was damn it's small, like I said many high school gyms probably not too different.

Duke campus is small too, takes 30 minutes to walk around really. UNC and NCSU much bigger campuses with more to see. Duke kinda Ivy League look, but smaller than say Yale or Princeton campuses.

Still haven't gone to a game, would be kinda bucket list like and yeah no more Coach K but I have seen him in person plenty of times so not dying to see it. Someday maybe I'll go with my nephew to a game.

kane

EOG master
Jim Larranaga took over the Miami program in 2011, since then the Canes and Duke have met 14 times, and they've split those games 7-7, UNC is the only team in the country with more wins against Duke than Miami the last 10 years