Chance to see or wager on or against an ALL-TIME GREAT Horse tonight

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
We rarely see classy mares racing at the highest levels against males at age 7 but Winx is very special.
There have been just 3 mares in 33 years who won the BC Distaff at age 6. Beholder, One dreamer, and Bayakoa. None at age 7.

Mares who hold high value as brood mares are not raced past 3 or 4 nowadays. Not worth the risk.

Winx is 11-10 favourite tonight at Moonee Valley race 9 with 2:00 a.m. east coast post time.
Race replay will be widely available tomorrow on Twitter and Youtube.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
She did it again, the only way she would get beat is in a huge field where she couldn't get through....what a mare.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I just can’t buy her as one of the greats when she is essentially beating up on horses that are levels below her. Come to America or England, and really challenge her vs the best like the great zenyatta did in the breeders cup

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Re: Chance to see or wager on or against an ALL-TIME GREAT Horse tonight

TY, and that's for the most part indicative of what happens here. Pass the race you want to start a horizontal sequence with a heavy odds-on favorite and go after the horizontals contained w/in. Much better value.

I know we’ve talked about this before, but I can show you daily examples of why this is wrong.. especially when taking the class in the first leg of the pick 5, compared to just betting the pick 4. Anyone who bets these exotics daily will know that. I think you said you don’t pay attention much to that though.

Indiana grand on Wednesday was a perfect, albeit extreme, example. $4.80 winner in race 1. Pick 5 that starts with race 1 pays over 61k. Pick 4 that starts with race 2 pays $3650

In all my years of betting nyra tracks, I have never seen a pick 4 pay more than a pick 5 unless there are scratches of off the turf between the first and second races

Other than that, the only time you will see a pick 4 pay even close to the pick 5 or more are in small tracks like finger lakes where there is more money in the pick 4 pools

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Winx running against the competition she has, is like lebron facing the g league. What a joke the owners are. She would get smoked in England or the us

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Feels weak.

Cigar had a layup or two but nothing to this extent.

I believe Cigar's race at Arlington Park during his 16-race win streak was a virtual walkover.

Cigar died in 2014 at the age of 24.

blueline

EOG Master
Cigar was named for an aviation intersection...his owner I think owned an aviation company and named his horses after aviation intersections and checkpoints

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Winx running against the competition she has, is like lebron facing the g league. What a joke the owners are. She would get smoked in England or the us

dont tell that to the people who run and invented TIMEFORM in england then

Timeform

Timeform is a sports data and content provider located in Halifax, West Yorkshire, England founded in 1948 to provide information to fans, bettors, and others involved in the horse racing industry.

they have rated her a worlds best 132 and 134 past couple years . that is top 5 worldwide suggesting she would beat almost every other horse on her favored turf and reasonable distances. 130–135 – Above average Group 1 winner

1 Cracksman John Gosden, GB 136
2= Enable John Gosden, GB 134
2= Gun Runner Steve Asmussen, USA 134
2= Winx Chris Waller, Australia 134
5 Battaash Charles Hills, GB 133

31 in a row obviously that would not happen but she would not get smoked anywhere.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Tracks are much different in Australia... there’s no way to account for the difference, therefore timeform is pretty much useless

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Tracks are much different in Australia... there’s no way to account for the difference, therefore timeform is pretty much useless
ok fair enough

certainly different regions, tracks, seasons of the year and running styles make some difference in the ability to judge or compare horses across the world.

but the Australian Black Cavier numbers down under were spot on when raced against Europe best. For top horses it does as well as anything else other than somehow racing against mroe and more different horses (which is best of course). Timeform gives you a close look, they are at least close to have a discussion.

imo Winx has been a top 5-6 rated horse for 3 years in a row worldwide and for me very little question about it. But 30 in a row obviously would not be dong that running at Dubai, ascot Australia and American group 1s and breeders cups of course not. no horse ever born could do that.

this season yes is sort of a a going away parade hype the sport, hype the horse racing tradition let people see and watch her a couple more times this Fall (Fall down under) before shes done. still even that last race was a race record shes not just jogging around.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
How does this even count?

7 horses and 6 from the same trainer. Such a joke. $

Last edited by a moderator:

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
shes had maybe 4 or 5 true tests with some other significant talent in her races over the years. She has been top or in top 4 worldwide rankings on figures 3 times, obviously no significant other horses against her yet in this 2019 farewell tour yet she is breaking race records still this year in races she does not have to be all out in to win. Australia loves her down under, sport getting some positive attention (unlike 21 breakdown deaths at Santa Anita which is horrible, including Battle of Midway). Anyway enjoy her two more times, she looks the part of perfection and has it looking good for 33 straight with 2 more races to go. Is it great for the sport world wide she did not go to ASCOT or Dubai no its not there was a window last year. breeders cup very different for a southern hemisphere animal but Ascot could have worked obviously like Black Caviar did .

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Heim

EOG Master
Nice...4 wide around the turn and staying on right lead for a 2.5 length win. Does this horse have issues changing leads?

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
WINX races for the final time.

goes for 33 straight wins

Friday night in USA
(Saturday afternoon down under).

details and full filed later.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
No Horse Trainer Jockey Barrier Weight
1 HAPPY CLAPPER Patrick Webster Blake Shinn 6 59kg
2 HARTNELL (GB) James Cummings Kerrin McEvoy 4 59kg
3 HARLEM (GB) David & B Hayes & T Dabernig Jamie Kah 8 59kg
4 HE’S EMINENT (IRE) Sir Mark Todd James McDonald 3 59kg
5 KLUGER (JPN) Tomokazu Takano Tommy Berry 1 59kg
6 MASK OF TIME (IRE) Ciaron Maher & David Eustace Sam Clipperton 7 59kg
7 WINX Chris Waller Hugh Bowman 9 57kg
8 DANZDANZDANCE Chris Gibbs & Michelle Bradley Opie Bosson 5 57kg
9 SHILLELAGH (NZ) Chris Waller Brenton Avdulla 2 57kg

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
The 2019 Queen Elizabeth Stakes will be run at Randwick Racecourse

race goes at Australian Eastern Standard Time:3:00 PM (15:00)
Central Daylight Time thats midnight.