Charity/Staked Poker Players

Chances are I will use the funds to play in a $4k guaranteed tomorrow, if I am at home at the time.

Anyone else unaware, we are trying to run up some funds and donate the winnings to a charity of our choosing.

11am, 3k guarantee,
breakdown as follows,

Hitman in for $4.30 , $3.70 in reserve

Jimmy Hoffa in for $2.15, $1.85 in reserve

JJ charity $2.15 in l $1.85 in reserve

Will update as tourney progresses.

Hoffa or anyone else that wants to donate winnings to charity, I will match donation.

If we don't reach minimum of $500 donation, it will be written off as loss, othewise funds will be donated.

Getting warmed up here, playing a 3k, guarantee of 3k british pound here. First place of 960 pounds.

i believe that is ove $1600 american.

This is no joke now, We are playing for charity and fun has been thrown out the window.

357 players entered, just picked up a healthy pot of $1200.

Jimmy Hoffa, do you want your share or are you donating it to Childrens, Inc. like the rest of us>?

I know that sounds like a hard sell, but just asking.

Honestly, I've never felt the pressure to win like I have now. I REALLY REALLY FUKKKIN want to win so I can donate this to kids for me, JJ, and the others.

Just lost a few hundred on a nothing pot and it felt so terrible. I'm still very, very alive, but I feel a lot of pressure.

I want to play my best for not you, me or anyone else, but all of us.

Just got sucked out on river, had two pair aces and 10, kid ahd k7 suited, had to put him all in. He hit suit on river for flush and we are sayonara.

We will try again, sir.

Dammit, feel like crap, I had the best of it though, so nothing we can do.

The 3 of you are still crawling and still alive for a paltry sum.

GreenDoberman said:
357 players entered, just picked up a healthy pot of $1200.

Jimmy Hoffa, do you want your share or are you donating it to Childrens, Inc. like the rest of us>?

I know that sounds like a hard sell, but just asking.
Not a hard sell, by all means send it to charity.

Hitman $3.70 balance

JJ and Hoffa, $1.85 ,

with your permission gentleman I will enter a 15k guarantee and try and make us, and our charity, some money.

Figure you guys expect nothing, and I would love to deliver a dime to charity for the boys.

Right now, it does not look good, but god willing I'm giving a damn good effort.

Got all of us in a 3k, 4k , and 1k guarantee.

Breakdown is:

Hitman=20%
Jj's charity- 10%
Jimmy Hoffa = 10%

I took a bad beat early, but I'm trying to stay alive for all of us.

Here's the results from the tourneys boys, it ain't pretty but nevertheless...

Played 10k and got knocked out early. Guy was playing loose and went all-in preflop, I look down and see pocket K's, Call and guy turns over Aces. Game over.

Next in the 30k, Abouth halfway through the field I get K's again, make it 1500 to go. Get one short stack caller, and one over the top. I call it and they have TT and 88. Turn brings an 8 and I'm out of it.

40k, I'm playing my game building up a nice stack. There are 40 players left and 30 in the money. Guess whad hand I get, KK! Blinds at 150-300, I make it 1200 to go. Get one caller. Flop comes KT3 rainbow. I check the set, short stack goes all in, I call leaving me with 1500, about 14000 if I win. HE turns over J-6, no pair, no "draw". Turn is an Ace,and river is Q. You got it he sucked out at about 40-1. He says sorry in chat, next hand I have AK call an all-in who has QQ. No help and I'm busted.

I truly think if I had won that hand I woulda been in good shape for the final table and we woulda got some serious coin.

Alas the poker gods deemed it wasn't meant to be and we'll try again next week.

Doberman poker is a grind and I do not know how you do it but by reading your posts you seem to be a very good player and always hanging around in these tourneys

You are what we call a tough out

JJ,

I have said many times before that I get burned out and will go weeks without playing. It sacrifices some profit to be sure, but it's better for my state of mind.
If you play poker on the internet it is important to take advantages of two extremely key things. Reload bonuses and rakeback, these two turn a marginally profitable site/game into a cash cow.