Clay Helton As An Underdog....

kane

EOG master
I'm not playing the game, but as far as coaches go, Wittingham > Helton, this game is a coaching mismatch

Heim

EOG Master
They have a common opponent in BYU. Utah dominated them 2H. At no point did USC look like they were ever in control, at any point, ultimately losing S/U.

blueline

EOG Master
Reggie Bush on the pregame show lashing out at USC during warm-ups ...guys walking around the field w/out shirts on...saying they dont even look like a team

Heim

EOG Master
Whittingham is Woody Hayes re-visited. 3 yards & a cloud of dust offense. He wasn't kidding in Spring ball when he said we're gonna run & defend.

Heim

EOG Master
Helton might be a favorite to be let go after tonight. Uninspired effort is a understatement.

Heim

EOG Master
It's sad when you have to keep a glorified assistant coach because you don't want to pay his buyout. Helton's is about
5 million. It decreases over the length of the extension doubt he lasts until 2023.

Heim

EOG Master
SI has egg on their face for reporting Helton would be gone Monday. Boy has that magazine become a rag sheet.

kane

EOG master
Urban would turn them into the program they were under Pete, top ten every year and competing for championships

Heim

EOG Master
Bob Stoops was signed, sealed and almost delivered until he wanted full control of all football operations. Obviously Helton stays by default.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Contract extended.

I'm not reading anything that supports this.

News came out yesterday that USC has decided to retain him. But I see nothing about an extension. He signed an extension in 2018 that runs through 2023. So it would make zero sense to extend him again at this point.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It's sad when you have to keep a glorified assistant coach because you don't want to pay his buyout. Helton's is about
5 million. It decreases over the length of the extension doubt he lasts until 2023.

Top athletes and coaches once went to 'SC, but now they go to the SEC.