Cleveland Browns WR Beckham out for season with torn ACL

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
You lose a great player, but overall it doesn’t make that much difference...Browns have capable other WRs....Now if Green Bay lost Adams, that would hurt.....

Valuist

EOG Master
I think Beckham is a bigger threat based on his reputation. Opposing teams still game plan for him and he can stretch a defense, at least in theory. A guy like Landry is more dependable but defenses don't fear him. But with no Chubb or Beckham, Landry with a pair of broken ribs, and Hooper likely out, it looks like a good setup for the Raiders.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

His father made a video of the times ODJ was open and didn’t get the ball. He then posted it on instagram where ODJ liked it. They also insinuated it may have been racial.

The team told him to get off the field and go home….
About the only thing they could do. You know the last thing they wanted to do was trade him to an AFC team and see him come back motivated for a playoff game. Probably shopped him to NFC teams only and when no deal came this was next best thing.

MrTop

EOG Master

His father made a video of the times ODJ was open and didn’t get the ball. He then posted it on instagram where ODJ liked it. They also insinuated it may have been racial.

i bet many GM's are surprised it is not working out. LOL - G MEN think it is funny too

howid

EOG Dedicated
If the Browns were to release Beckham, any team could claim him off waivers. However, it wouldn't be realistic for another franchise to claim him because it would be on the hook for the $8 million.

If Beckham were released and cleared waivers, he would become a free agent and able to sign with any team.

Another option would be the Browns keeping Beckham and essentially excusing him from practices and games for the rest of the season.

Beckham, who will turn 29 on Friday, is under contract through the 2023 season, but there is no guaranteed money on his deal in the next two seasons. The writing had been on the wall for this to be his last season with the Browns, even before the proverbial circus music started blaring Tuesday.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted

i am sure it was racial. What was Mayfield doing, throwing to the white wide receivers instead? LOL!

Valuist

EOG Master
I’ll have to watch for this.

unrelated but Montgomery looks like a go for the Bears Monday.

Interesting. Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan of Montgomery, but have to think he'll be a little rusty.....and Herbert has played great. Nearly rushed for over 100 vs that Tampa rush D. If Monty's yardage prop is 65 or higher, I'd go under. He will definitely be splitting carries this week. Have to see how the Bears' defensive injuries stack up this week. If Hicks is out, they can't stop the run. And Mack and Jackson were either out, or hurt in last week's game.

If anyone has an account at a book that has player props out early, curious to see the Fields rushing prop. Pittsburgh sees Lamar twice a year, so this should be nothing new.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Interesting. Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan of Montgomery, but have to think he'll be a little rusty.....and Herbert has played great. Nearly rushed for over 100 vs that Tampa rush D. If Monty's yardage prop is 65 or higher, I'd go under. He will definitely be splitting carries this week. Have to see how the Bears' defensive injuries stack up this week. If Hicks is out, they can't stop the run. And Mack and Jackson were either out, or hurt in last week's game.

If anyone has an account at a book that has player props out early, curious to see the Fields rushing prop. Pittsburgh sees Lamar twice a year, so this should be nothing new.
I wouldn't play Mongomery with a bye next week.

DK has some props up, nothing for Fields rushing though.

kane

EOG master
The second it happened I tweeted I thought he tore his ACL. Turns our Dr. Winkyduck was right
The non contact injuries are typically the worst, anytime I see an athlete go down grabbing his knee on a play he wasn't even touched, I always assume the worst

Heim

EOG Master
There's a player's petition to ban artificial turf currently.

It's amazing that over one-third of ACLs are non contact on the fake stuff.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Kings fan named Winky-DUCK ?

I don't understand. Oregon fan?

My friends from KTLA called me: Wink (Long story - not worth getting into here)

I actually worked on the gameday stats crew for The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (Rock the Pond) the team's first season. The same friend who called me "Wink" had to find a way to add the "Duck" part from The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (Rock the Pond) so he came up with.............Winkyduck.

I have been called that by friends for almost 30 years. I get called: Wink, Winker, W.D., Sir Duck and all sorts of things like that. When I call them if I saw "This is Erik" they would wonder who I was. By saying "Wink here" there know who I am. I couldn't begin to tell you the last time they called me Erik.