Dear Lions Faithful (Letter from President & CEO of the Detroit Lions, Ron Wood)

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Dear Lions Faithful,

Let me start by recognizing how amazing it was to have you back at Ford Field for the 2021-22 season. There is nothing that compares to the roar of a home crowd after a Lions touchdown.

As we prepare for the 2022-23 season, I want to acknowledge where we are as an organization. We understand that our results last season weren’t good enough and I speak for everyone at the Lions when I tell you that we are committed to being better on and off the field.

The last year has confirmed for the entire organization that we have the right people in place to achieve our goal of creating sustained success in Detroit. The work that Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell have done to create a plan for the future of this team, is evident every day in our building. The work we did this year to establish a culture of collaboration, grit and resilience will serve as a foundation for where we are headed.

That foundation includes you.

We understand and appreciate how lucky we are to have the support of our loyal season ticketholders. As an acknowledgement to you, we have renamed our season ticket program “Lions Loyal” as a nod to the multi-generational support we enjoy in the Motor City.

The first thing you will notice is the flat pricing, and even price reductions in some areas, of our “Lions Loyal” ticket packages. This is part of our commitment to you, our most loyal fans, to continue providing an affordable option for the coming season. We are thrilled to be able to provide these prices in our first ever nine home-game season.

As you will see in the following pages, the “Lions Loyal” program is designed to provide benefits and experiences that are exclusive to you. Among the most exciting elements of this program are the new marketplaces for all members. This new exclusive member benefit was created to improve your experience and expedite our food and beverage services at Ford Field. This program is a result of your feedback and a multi-year program to understand what will improve your gameday experience.

We have also made changes to our Stadium Collection discount program. We heard from you, that it can be a challenge for some to take advantage of this discount pre-game. With that in mind we have changed the program to provide a 20% discount for our “Lions Loyal” members all day on game days, allowing people to fully take advantage of this benefit.

I hope you are as excited about these new benefits as we are.

Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to seeing you at Ford Field.

Go Lions!

Rod Wood
President and CEO

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
"As we prepare for the 2022-23 season, I want to acknowledge where we are as an organization. We understand that our results last season weren’t good enough and I speak for everyone at the Lions when I tell you that we are committed to being better on and off the field."

I've been hearing this BS for my entire lifetime. Each year, they send out a letter like this, saying things will get better, but they never do. Why I renew my tickets year after year is beyond me, but I'm a fan of football, and it is a way out of the house on Sundays' in the fall.

Price of two tickets on the 40 yard line, 21st row, $2,515. Bet that is among the cheapest around all the NFL venues. Same seats in the Meadowlands is probably triple the amount.

The Lions should absolutely be embarrassed by Stafford going to LA and winning a super bowl. LA won that trade. We get the 32nd pick in the draft. Lions wanted to deal him to Carolina, but word was Stafford wanted to go to LA, so by accommodating him, the team got hurt by getting basically a 2nd round selection, instead of another top 10 draft pick. The mismanagement of this team will never end.

This fall, I will keep a blog thread of the Lions trials and tribulations...will make it interesting, I promise you that.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The only thing left that hasn't happened before the Great Reset is the Lions winning the Super Show. Once it happens, it's a that should just about do it for you moment for humanity. AI Hunger Games era will follow. Or they decide they won't even give Lions fans a pity happy ending. Will go to the reset without the Super Show.

kane

EOG master
The team that's gone the longest without a playoff win is obvious, guess which team has gone the second longest without a playoff victory

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I've posted it again and again. In my opinion the greatest futility statistic that covers 65 years. Go ahead and trytrytry to find something that competes. You can search the entire world every sport, every league, every team that has been in existence at or near 1957 and you won't find anything that comes Tony Homo. 1 playoff win in 65 years.

kane

EOG master
If Rodgers leaves GB, that division is wide open, with a good draft and some FA signings, you never know

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I've always felt if we ever do get to the super bowl, something freaky will happen to the Lions, and they will lose the game. Pick 6, missed PAT, missed FG, or just plain not show up and get blown out 41-10.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
They had a legitimate chance in 1991. I think they beat the Bills. Barry Sanders didn't step up and they collapsed in the 2nd half against the Redskins. Oh I'm sorry. Against the WTF.

railbird

EOG Master
"As we prepare for the 2022-23 season, I want to acknowledge where we are as an organization. We understand that our results last season weren’t good enough and I speak for everyone at the Lions when I tell you that we are committed to being better on and off the field."

I've been hearing this BS for my entire lifetime. Each year, they send out a letter like this, saying things will get better, but they never do. Why I renew my tickets year after year is beyond me, but I'm a fan of football, and it is a way out of the house on Sundays' in the fall.

Price of two tickets on the 40 yard line, 21st row, $2,515. Bet that is among the cheapest around all the NFL venues. Same seats in the Meadowlands is probably triple the amount.

The Lions should absolutely be embarrassed by Stafford going to LA and winning a super bowl. LA won that trade. We get the 32nd pick in the draft. Lions wanted to deal him to Carolina, but word was Stafford wanted to go to LA, so by accommodating him, the team got hurt by getting basically a 2nd round selection, instead of another top 10 draft pick. The mismanagement of this team will never end.

This fall, I will keep a blog thread of the Lions trials and tribulations...will make it interesting, I promise you that.
stafford not why rams won, rams looked like shit several times, they were dragged across finish line by a weak postseason schedule and refs

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
They had a legitimate chance in 1991. I think they beat the Bills. Barry Sanders didn't step up and they collapsed in the 2nd half against the Redskins. Oh I'm sorry. Against the WTF.

In 1991, we beat Dallas for our only playoff win since 1957. The following week, in the NFC title game at Washington, the Lions got blown out. That's the closest we ever got to the superbowl.

MrTop

EOG Master
during the offseason the CEO ron wood plays guitar for Rolling Stones lol

Last edited:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
during the offseason the CEO ron wood plays guitar for Rolling Stones

This Ron Wood guy is a joke too. He is a Ford Family suck up.

Previous to being hired as the president of the Detroit Lions, Wood was a close associate of the Ford family that owns the team, and worked as the President and CEO of the Ford Estates. Wood was signed with the Detroit Lions as a Team President on Nov 19, 2015. Wood attended University of Michigan-Flint and the ABA Graduate School of Commercial Banking. On accepting the appointment, Wood stated that he was "not qualified to run any other NFL team", a statement that led some critics of his hiring to label him as unqualified for the job of running the Lions. Wood has refused to give up the Detroit Lions's traditional Thanksgiving game despite pressure from other NFL teams.

Alldaycapper34

EOG Senior Member
When the economy collapses it's time for the sports leagues to retract teams.

NFL Lions, Jags, and Texans would not be missed. I'm not sure who should be 4th, Jets, Chargers, Dolphins?

NBA Kings, Magic, Pelicans, not sure on the 4th? They probably should go with 6. The league doesn't have enough good players to go around.

MLB They will destroy themselves with this lockout so who cares.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It's possible the Lions win the Super Show with the Fords but it would be a Sandra flukey. I think it never happens and never sell. Why should they? I'm sure it's profitable and a nice toy. I just hope they snatch and grab Thanksgiving. That's the one thing that will draw blood.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
When the economy collapses it's time for the sports leagues to retract teams.

NFL Lions, Jags, and Texans would not be missed. I'm not sure who should be 4th, Jets, Chargers, Dolphins?

NBA Kings, Magic, Pelicans, not sure on the 4th? They probably should go with 6. The league doesn't have enough good players to go around.

MLB They will destroy themselves with this lockout so who cares.

They will go the other way and add teams. Sports like everything else is perma ruined. I think we will cee a sports league fold and not at the Arena, XFL level. They are operating as if they are invincible. Yeah we'll cee. NCAA may go first with their goofy portal, opt outs and NIL.

Alldaycapper34

EOG Senior Member
They will go the other way and add teams. Sports like everything else is perma ruined. I think we will cee a sports league fold and not at the Arena, XFL level. They are operating as if they are invincible. Yeah we'll cee. NCAA may go first with their goofy portal, opt outs and NIL.
I think you will see colleges start to eliminate programs very soon. They should start with Trans swimming.

The power conferences will survive in football and basketball but the little guys won't be able to make it.

Going to be a scary rest of the year with the things going on. Our neighbors to the north are living it.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
People are losing and have lost interest. And there are so many other things to do or watch. This is why I am suspicious about rigged games. They can't take a chance with natural, *unscripted games. Need to make sure they get their precious peanut ratings for TV contracts.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
It's possible the Lions win the Super Show with the Fords but it would be a Sandra flukey. I think it never happens and never sell. Why should they? I'm sure it's profitable and a nice toy. I just hope they snatch and grab Thanksgiving. That's the one thing that will draw blood.

Seeing as Ford Motor Company is the #1 sponsor of NFL football, I don't think the Thanksgiving game will ever be taken away from the Lions.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
As far as Major League Baseball, I hope this thing drags on, and would like to see everyone involved suffer.

I do feel sorry for the small businesses in close vicinity to baseball parks, i.e., bars, etc who depend on baseball for their business to thrive...those folks I feel for.

boston massacre

EOG Master
stafford not why rams won, rams looked like shit several times, they were dragged across finish line by a weak postseason schedule and refs

and refs
This Ron Wood guy is a joke too. He is a Ford Family suck up.

Previous to being hired as the president of the Detroit Lions, Wood was a close associate of the Ford family that owns the team, and worked as the President and CEO of the Ford Estates. Wood was signed with the Detroit Lions as a Team President on Nov 19, 2015. Wood attended University of Michigan-Flint and the ABA Graduate School of Commercial Banking. On accepting the appointment, Wood stated that he was "not qualified to run any other NFL team", a statement that led some critics of his hiring to label him as unqualified for the job of running the Lions. Wood has refused to give up the Detroit Lions's traditional Thanksgiving game despite pressure from other NFL teams.

He is a Ford Family suck up.

It's Obvious, With That Letter He Put Out.

Sounds Like His Nose, Is All The Way Up There.

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated
As far as Major League Baseball, I hope this thing drags on, and would like to see everyone involved suffer.

I do feel sorry for the small businesses in close vicinity to baseball parks, i.e., bars, etc who depend on baseball for their business to thrive...those folks I feel for.
+1

kane

EOG master
I hope this thing drags on, and would like to see everyone involved suffer.
Unfortunately the only ones who will suffer are the small businesses, like you mentioned, the fans of the game, and the people who work at the ballparks selling concessions, taking tickets, etc. The owners are billionaires, the players are millionaires, eventually they'll agree on something and the game will go on, hard to see any of the owners or players doing too much suffering

kane

EOG master
BTW, I'm really high on the Tigers this year, really like some of their young pitching, and they made a very under the radar move when they acquired Tucker Barnhart from the Reds, he'll be great working with that young staff, not thrilled about the Baez signing, was really hoping they would end up with Correa, but I think they could be a surprise team in a division that isn't deep past the White Sox

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I hear the Lions want to go QB first pick. I defended them Stafford trade and I continue to post it was good even though he lifted the trophy for the Lambs. Mutually exclusive. Lions got a serviceable replacement and futures cat draft picks. If they use their #1 on a QB, I refund my praise. That cancels Goof. Use the picks to build the rest of the rooster. Lions gonna Lions.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Only the Lions would trade a stud QB for a good QB then try to draft a stud QB. You will be exactly where you were at be best you stupid fuckers! The odds are the QB they draft will be a bust since Stafford the only winner in 60 years.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Build your rooster with your extra draft picks and give Goof a chance. If he can't do it then get yourself a stud QB. Looks like he can do it if he has a supporting cast. Forget about Putin. The Ford family should be deposed.