Denver & NO survive bonehead coaching!

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
Payton and Fangio refuse to take a knee or, in Payton's case, to run the ball. If Fangio isn't the dumbest coach in the league, he must be close. Some of the worst coaching in the NFL since the Miracle of the Meadowlands I. And, to top it all, the Broncos' interceptor had to play "hero" ball and refuse to take a knee. The average Eagles' fan could out-coach most NFLers on game strategy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mindless decisions.

If I were an NFL head coach, I'd have ComptrBob communicating through my headsets and feeding me the mathematically-correct calls.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Payton and Fangio refuse to take a knee or, in Payton's case, to run the ball. If Fangio isn't the dumbest coach in the league, he must be close. Some of the worst coaching in the NFL since the Miracle of the Meadowlands I. And, to top it all, the Broncos' interceptor had to play "hero" ball and refuse to take a knee. The average Eagles' fan could out-coach most NFLers on game strategy.

incredibly stupid play calling by Payton. To give Brady nearly 2 minutes down only 2 was crazy. The MSM won’t talk about it because the end result worked out. But if one is banking on getting bailed out by a Brady INT (and pick 6), that’s pretty foolish.

In all my life I have never seen a series quit like that.

With over 30 seconds left and the WFT having all 3 timeouts unfortunately they couldn't just take a knee and needed a 1st down to close out the game. That being said it should have been 3 hand offs with both arms fully covering the ball.

blueline

EOG Master
JAX down 24-0 scores TD.....they kick the point.....then comes the onside kick attempt.... if youre waving the white flag why try an onside kick....makes sense

ComptrBob

EOG Master
JAX down 24-0 scores TD.....they kick the point.....then comes the onside kick attempt.... if youre waving the white flag why try an onside kick....makes sense

Yep, although the chances to tie or win are extremely small (around 1:50 left, need 2 more TDS), you have a much better game win/tie probability to get a two pt conversion (and stay alive for two more 2 pts) than kick the PAT which means you have to also get a FG somewhere in the process to tie (or a third TD to win).

So go for 2; P2td*Pot* .50^3 versus go for 1: P2td*Pot*Pfg*.94^3 roughly a factor of 12.5% vs 0.75% (Pfg also with 2 TDs = approx 1 in 100)

kane

EOG master
Urban will be a one and done imo, he'll lose more games this year than he would in five years in college