Det Lions Matt Patricia & GM Bob Quinn on the hot seat

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
After that loss to Washington, for the first time, the media talk is putting Quintricia on the hot seat, especially if they get blown outs Chicago on Thanksgiving. Local media is calling for a widespread boycott of the game. They want the team to be embarrassed by lack of fans. The "Patriot" way doesnt. Here is a top of Valenti's show, which paints the picture......

https://player.fm/series/1511420/246916716

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Second straight season and third since 2014 Chicago is at Detroit on Turkey Day. Fans may not have to wait for the start of the postseason to see these two casualties commence.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Billy Ford Junior is Prince Andrew and Mrs. Ford Senior is Queen Mummy. Get rid of both of these goofy families. Siriusly. The kid is probably in his 60's by now and he is still not ready to take over as owner. Sell the fucking team to somebody, anybody. 1 playoff win and 1 family ownership since 1962. If Mike Utley didn't get paralyzed, 0 playoff wins. That inspired them to 13-4 until the Redskins ended that fake thumbs up shit.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Lem Barney, Charlie Sanders, Billy Sims, Al Bubba Baker, David Hill, Barry Sanders, Hip Hop Herman Moore, Magatron, even Matthew Stafford. All that talent and can't get it done. Matches up well with most franchises. No excuse.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Back in the day, betting the Lions on their Thanksgiving home game was like taking a MNF home dog: a strong winning record.

That was so 1900’s.
Boy have times changed!
Rams were MNF home dogs yesterday. Whoops!
So much for static analysis.

blueline

EOG Master
My favorite thing about going to Bears @ Lions during the holidays....the upside down christmas tree hanging from the ceiling and the halftime shopping cart game.They dropped some envelopes feom the ceiling and people had to catch them in shopping carts...good times

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I do not believe Bill Ford Jr. is calling any shots with the team these days. His sister, Sheila Ford Hamp is more involved along w/ mother Martha, who is now 93 years old.

I think the old lady certainly had good intentions with this team, to create a different atmosphere and culture from when her drunk hubby owned it. GM Bob Quinn coming over from the Patriots seemed to have a good pedigree, but you never know how things will work out until you're put into the position. He has been a fail. His buddy Patricia has been a fail. Both are over their heads.

If there is any credibility left to this franchise from their fan base, they will fire these two if the Lions are embarrassed in this upcoming thanksgiving game.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The most infamous Thanksgiving game was in 1980. I'm not going to date myself but these assholes ruined my Thanksgiving dinner that Jason Day and I'll never forget it except I only remember the big things not the details. Looking at it again, there were seven(7) plays/decisions at the end where the Lions helped the Bears win. Now I am very suspicious they threw the game. Here it is. See for yourself. Starts at 19:45 when the Lions had 3rd and 1 on the plus side. 1st down wouldn't have ended the game but taken out the Bears timeouts reducing the odds of a game tying touchdown to there's a chance.

1. Monte punts instead of giving the rock to Billy
2. James Hunter appears to let the ball land next to his feet on Walter Payton's off target throw (not clear, though)
3. Ray Oldham and it's clear bats the ball away with won hand instead of attempting to catch a game ending interception
4. 1st and goal. Hunter again who short arms a point blank pick. It was a Kesha hard throw. Plausible drop.
5. 2nd and goal. Bears receiver wide open. Was going to be an easy throw and catch but the mobile Evans doinks the ball off a Bears helmet.
6. 3rd and goal. Last play. Lions left tackle pulls to the right. Left end. Looks like Dave Pureafurry takes himself out of the play ouside. Evans easily runs through the wide open hole for a touchdown and overtime.
7. The kickoff coverage was laughable. Zero coverage of the ouside. Everybody went inside. Only one guy had a chance to tackle Williams. Once he easily got by him and turned left, it was over. No flags.

5 of those 7 plays could have or would have ended the game. 1 they got Andrew Lucky. On the kickoff, the chalk would have been on the Lions defense stuffing Evans and getting the ball back. No excuse, no reason to lose that game. It was the difference from going to the playoffs as NFC Central champions and going home after a 4-0 she's perfect start.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
And let's add not giving Billy the ball on 2nd down and short. Hey, Monte. You give the ball to your stud on every down including 4th down when the game is on the line. Fuck you.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
62 years of this noncents. Only 1991 you can say was successful. They went as far as they could. Every other year, they were 2-14 or 0-16 shit, didn't make the playoffs or lost in the playoffs. And every year the Ford family owned the team.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mitch Trubisky woke up in the second half to save the day for the Bears.

Joe Buck kept mentioning the Lions have been involved in a lot of games decided by eight points or fewer.

Silly reference after the first mention.

Detroit is now 3-8-1.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Detroit is only 1 of 3 NFL teams this season to have had a lead at some point in each and every game. SF and KC are the other two.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
So all you have to do is crop the times of each game and the Lions are 12-0! Reminds me of the 1980 or 1981 season when they also led in every game. Think it was 1981.