does ABC have the game on a delay ?

MCP

im guessing so.. whenever you hear the start of a curse word being picked up by the field mic all audio is cut off.. i wonder how long of a delay the game is on

The C-Band backhaul feed for this game over free air on the old big dish is a solid 7 seconds ahead of the Directv feed. I'm watching both.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
I was watching the game on free air and noticed the interactives were being put on pause as the QB was just getting to the line. So I turn on the radio and I am hearing, "back to pass" as the TV shows the QB still under center. This is bullshit. ABC should be forced to say, the MNF game is on tape delay.

dirty

EOG Master
It has nothing to do with Delay.....Cable is faster that Satellite But nothing is as fast as Radio.......

The picture has to be Transferred from Digital to Analog to be shown over Most Tv's (unless you have a HD TV). That is what your Reciever is for...it takes around 2-3 seconds for Cable and 4-6 Seconds for Satelite to be turned into Analog....Just the way TEchnology works.....if you are watching the Game on a Open air Antenna like in the old days then your picture is only One second or so behind the Radio.....The Radio waves don't have to have anything done to them to be Broadcast...Same with Old VHF and UHF TV waves...